Shayri.com  

Go Back   Shayri.com > Stories/Quotes/Anecdotes > Informative Stories

An inspiring story worth reading. .
Old
  (#1)
zainy
Aapki dost
zainy is the among the best Shayars at Shayri.comzainy is the among the best Shayars at Shayri.comzainy is the among the best Shayars at Shayri.comzainy is the among the best Shayars at Shayri.comzainy is the among the best Shayars at Shayri.comzainy is the among the best Shayars at Shayri.comzainy is the among the best Shayars at Shayri.comzainy is the among the best Shayars at Shayri.comzainy is the among the best Shayars at Shayri.comzainy is the among the best Shayars at Shayri.comzainy is the among the best Shayars at Shayri.com

An inspiring story worth reading. . - 2nd June 2014, 02:03 PM

One young man went to apply for a managerial position in a big company. He passed the initial interview, and now would meet the director for the final interview.

The director discovered from his CV that the youth's academic achievements were excellent. He asked, "Did you obtain any scholarships in school?" the youth answered "no".

" Was it your father who paid for your school fees?"

"My father passed away when I was one year old, it was my mother who paid for my school fees.” he replied.

" Where did your mother work?"

"My mother worked as clothes cleaner.”

The director requested the youth to show his hands. The youth showed a pair of hands that were smooth and perfect.

" Have you ever helped your mother wash the clothes before?"

"Never, my mother always wanted me to study and read more books. Besides, my mother can wash clothes faster than me.

The director said, "I have a request. When you go home today, go and clean your mother's hands, and then see me tomorrow morning.

The youth felt that his chance of landing the job was high. When he went back home, he asked his mother to let him clean her hands. His mother felt strange, happy but with mixed feelings, she showed her hands to her son.

The youth cleaned his mother's hands slowly. His tear fell as he did that. It was the first time he noticed that his mother's hands were so wrinkled, and there were so many bruises in her hands. Some bruises were so painful that his mother winced when he touched it.

This was the first time the youth realized that it was this pair of hands that washed the clothes everyday to enable him to pay the school fees. The bruises in the mother's hands were the price that the mother had to pay for his education, his school activities and his future.

After cleaning his mother hands, the youth quietly washed all the remaining clothes for his mother.

That night, mother and son talked for a very long time.

Next morning, the youth went to the director's office.

The Director noticed the tears in the youth's eyes, when he asked: "Can you tell me what have you done and learned yesterday in your house?"

The youth answered," I cleaned my mother's hand, and also finished cleaning all the remaining clothes'

“I know now what appreciation is. Without my mother, I would not be who I am today. By helping my mother, only now do I realize how difficult and tough it is to get something done on your own. And I have come to appreciate the importance and value of helping one’s family.

The director said, "This is what I am looking for in a manager. I want to recruit a person who can appreciate the help of others, a person who knows the sufferings of others to get things done, and a person who would not put money as his only goal in life.”

“You are hired.”

Zainy

PalkoN ki baand ko tod ke daaman pe aa gira
Ek aaNsu mere zabt ki tauheen kar gaya...

Nm
  Send a message via MSN to zainy  
Old
  (#2)
N@zneen
Banned
N@zneen has much to be proud ofN@zneen has much to be proud ofN@zneen has much to be proud ofN@zneen has much to be proud ofN@zneen has much to be proud ofN@zneen has much to be proud ofN@zneen has much to be proud ofN@zneen has much to be proud ofN@zneen has much to be proud ofN@zneen has much to be proud of

5th June 2014, 03:52 PM

Truly inspiring story.........thnx for sharing dear

Old
  (#3)
zainy
Aapki dost
zainy is the among the best Shayars at Shayri.comzainy is the among the best Shayars at Shayri.comzainy is the among the best Shayars at Shayri.comzainy is the among the best Shayars at Shayri.comzainy is the among the best Shayars at Shayri.comzainy is the among the best Shayars at Shayri.comzainy is the among the best Shayars at Shayri.comzainy is the among the best Shayars at Shayri.comzainy is the among the best Shayars at Shayri.comzainy is the among the best Shayars at Shayri.comzainy is the among the best Shayars at Shayri.com

5th June 2014, 04:00 PM

My Pleasure Dear!........................

Zainy

Nm
Old
  (#4)
Hamdam
Hamdam has much to be proud ofHamdam has much to be proud ofHamdam has much to be proud ofHamdam has much to be proud ofHamdam has much to be proud ofHamdam has much to be proud ofHamdam has much to be proud ofHamdam has much to be proud ofHamdam has much to be proud ofHamdam has much to be proud of

16th June 2014, 08:40 AM

Zainy ji Namaskar ,

In the present day scramble of running after life goals and careers,
Reminding people that there exists a family where emitions not the
money has more value .

Your story was really a step towards that . Keep sharing such articles as
reading them reminds you of your values.

Regds
Sanjay Sehgal

khone Pane ki daur mein yun uljha hai har bashar ,
Isee kashmeqash mein kat raha Zindagee ka safar.

Old
  (#5)
Madhu 14
Madhu 14 has much to be proud ofMadhu 14 has much to be proud ofMadhu 14 has much to be proud ofMadhu 14 has much to be proud ofMadhu 14 has much to be proud ofMadhu 14 has much to be proud ofMadhu 14 has much to be proud ofMadhu 14 has much to be proud ofMadhu 14 has much to be proud ofMadhu 14 has much to be proud of

18th September 2015, 03:14 PM

Short story with a big moral.....
Thanks for sharing..zainy ji.

अर्ज मेरी एे खुदा क्या सुन सकेगा तू कभी
आसमां को बस इसी इक आस में तकते रहे
madhu..

Old
  (#6)
zainy
Aapki dost

21st September 2015, 01:15 PM

................................................ .

Zainy

Nm
Old
  (#7)
yasmeenraaz
yasmeenraaz has a brilliant futureyasmeenraaz has a brilliant futureyasmeenraaz has a brilliant futureyasmeenraaz has a brilliant futureyasmeenraaz has a brilliant futureyasmeenraaz has a brilliant futureyasmeenraaz has a brilliant futureyasmeenraaz has a brilliant futureyasmeenraaz has a brilliant futureyasmeenraaz has a brilliant futureyasmeenraaz has a brilliant future

3rd April 2019, 06:46 PM

Truely
Heart touching[QUOTE=zainy;458814]One young man went to apply for a managerial position in a big company. He passed the initial interview, and now would meet the director for the final interview.

The director discovered from his CV that the youth's academic achievements were excellent. He asked,

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: