Shayri.com  

Go Back   Shayri.com > English/Hindi/Other Languages Poetry > English Poetry

H o m e s i c k n e s s
Old
  (#1)
Hamdam
Hamdam has much to be proud ofHamdam has much to be proud ofHamdam has much to be proud ofHamdam has much to be proud ofHamdam has much to be proud ofHamdam has much to be proud ofHamdam has much to be proud ofHamdam has much to be proud ofHamdam has much to be proud ofHamdam has much to be proud of

H o m e s i c k n e s s - 9th September 2014, 09:04 PM

Oh my dear parents I remember you,
Despite illuminous lights and their glare,
I constantly miss you all over here.

The moment I left you.I felt very bad ,
Even you you could not help but feel sad.

At home time easily passed in household chores,
Here in the evenings I really get bored ,
My boredom increases during the nights ,
Becouse particularly I have no one to fight.

Atmosphere in the hostel is completly dry ,
In secluded corner of my room I sit and cry,
I sometimes feel I have been encaged ,
But what a pity I cant express my rage.

To such a drudgery I am.not prone ,
I always long to be at home.
I still like flowers whether purple or blue ,
My dear parents I always remember you ..

Sanjay Sehgal

Jan 1984

khone Pane ki daur mein yun uljha hai har bashar ,
Isee kashmeqash mein kat raha Zindagee ka safar.

Old
  (#2)
silent-tears
silent-tears has much to be proud ofsilent-tears has much to be proud ofsilent-tears has much to be proud ofsilent-tears has much to be proud ofsilent-tears has much to be proud ofsilent-tears has much to be proud ofsilent-tears has much to be proud ofsilent-tears has much to be proud ofsilent-tears has much to be proud of

9th September 2014, 09:33 PM

bahut he acha likha hai or apne feeling jo mata pita ji k bare me. bahut khubsurti se pesh kiya hai

Anil Arora

Naulekahe par tere khoon ki boond hai,
Motiyo ki jagah par jada kaun hai,
Jiski khatir daga chandini se kare,
Puch suraj ki woh dilruba kaun hai?

Old
  (#3)
Ahmad Hyderabadi
Registered Member
Ahmad Hyderabadi has a brilliant futureAhmad Hyderabadi has a brilliant futureAhmad Hyderabadi has a brilliant futureAhmad Hyderabadi has a brilliant futureAhmad Hyderabadi has a brilliant futureAhmad Hyderabadi has a brilliant futureAhmad Hyderabadi has a brilliant futureAhmad Hyderabadi has a brilliant futureAhmad Hyderabadi has a brilliant futureAhmad Hyderabadi has a brilliant futureAhmad Hyderabadi has a brilliant future

9th September 2014, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamdam View Post

Sanjay Sehgal

Jan 1984
Aadaab Sehgal Sir!!

Finally.... you saw it fit to reveal to us a gem you had hidden, hidden away from the time where I would barely have been a 3-4 yr old kid! Bahut naa-insaafi haye aapki oar say saahab!!

The Subject: Sub'hanAllah

Sir, it may have been written 30 years ago but it's true every second even today, ask the hearts of millions of students who go through this, be it inter-state or inter-national, they will resonate in agreement with your work... the longing for not only the home but the TRUE home i.e. the Parents... we salute your rendering of this painful subject with such eloquence....

The Expression:
Justice has been done here... every line reaches and stirs the heart's strings!! Hard not to get emotional reading this Sir!! Hard to find words of praise!! Thank You ..atlast............ for sharing with us from Your trove of treasures!!

Duagoh

Ahmad

Last edited by Ahmad Hyderabadi; 9th September 2014 at 10:25 PM..

Old
  (#4)
sameer'shaad'
~$uper M0der@tor~
sameer'shaad' is the among the best Shayars at Shayri.comsameer'shaad' is the among the best Shayars at Shayri.comsameer'shaad' is the among the best Shayars at Shayri.comsameer'shaad' is the among the best Shayars at Shayri.comsameer'shaad' is the among the best Shayars at Shayri.comsameer'shaad' is the among the best Shayars at Shayri.comsameer'shaad' is the among the best Shayars at Shayri.comsameer'shaad' is the among the best Shayars at Shayri.comsameer'shaad' is the among the best Shayars at Shayri.comsameer'shaad' is the among the best Shayars at Shayri.comsameer'shaad' is the among the best Shayars at Shayri.com

10th September 2014, 10:44 AM

Awwwwww sooooo sweeeet Sanjay saahab................ no words to say, just superbbb

Shaad.....

Shaad...

Old
  (#5)
Hassan
Some Mirrors Lie...
Hassan is the among the best Shayars at Shayri.comHassan is the among the best Shayars at Shayri.comHassan is the among the best Shayars at Shayri.comHassan is the among the best Shayars at Shayri.comHassan is the among the best Shayars at Shayri.comHassan is the among the best Shayars at Shayri.comHassan is the among the best Shayars at Shayri.comHassan is the among the best Shayars at Shayri.comHassan is the among the best Shayars at Shayri.comHassan is the among the best Shayars at Shayri.comHassan is the among the best Shayars at Shayri.com

10th September 2014, 03:27 PM

Sanjay jee,

Just mind-blowing..............! hats off .. reps added.

Regards,

*hSn* : parStaar

tumhara shoq dekha to ghazal hum ne nazar kar di!
kabhi fursat meiN sun lena, bohat ashaar baqi haiN...
("Asad")

Old
  (#6)
Hamdam
Hamdam has much to be proud ofHamdam has much to be proud ofHamdam has much to be proud ofHamdam has much to be proud ofHamdam has much to be proud ofHamdam has much to be proud ofHamdam has much to be proud ofHamdam has much to be proud ofHamdam has much to be proud ofHamdam has much to be proud of

10th September 2014, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silent-tears View Post
bahut he acha likha hai or apne feeling jo mata pita ji k bare me. bahut khubsurti se pesh kiya hai
Thank you Anil , I feel obliged for your kind words

khone Pane ki daur mein yun uljha hai har bashar ,
Isee kashmeqash mein kat raha Zindagee ka safar.

Old
  (#7)
Hamdam

10th September 2014, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmad Hyderabadi View Post
Aadaab Sehgal Sir!!

Finally.... you saw it fit to reveal to us a gem you had hidden, hidden away from the time where I would barely have been a 3-4 yr old kid! Bahut naa-insaafi haye aapki oar say saahab!!

The Subject: Sub'hanAllah

Sir, it may have been written 30 years ago but it's true every second even today, ask the hearts of millions of students who go through this, be it inter-state or inter-national, they will resonate in agreement with your work... the longing for not only the home but the TRUE home i.e. the Parents... we salute your rendering of this painful subject with such eloquence....

The Expression:
Justice has been done here... every line reaches and stirs the heart's strings!! Hard not to get emotional reading this Sir!! Hard to find words of praise!! Thank You ..atlast............ for sharing with us from Your trove of treasures!!
Ahmad Bhai ,

I feel honoured by your appreciation .. In fact during that era I was passing by a road in Chandigarh and I noticed a girl peeping out from the balcony of hostel in the evening and was inspired by her longing for home .

Since you vanished from SDC I stopped posting in this column .. but now many people visit , it shall be my endeavour to post at least one poem a month or more ..
Regds
Sanjay Sehgal

Old
  (#8)
zainy
Aapki dost
zainy is the among the best Shayars at Shayri.comzainy is the among the best Shayars at Shayri.comzainy is the among the best Shayars at Shayri.comzainy is the among the best Shayars at Shayri.comzainy is the among the best Shayars at Shayri.comzainy is the among the best Shayars at Shayri.comzainy is the among the best Shayars at Shayri.comzainy is the among the best Shayars at Shayri.comzainy is the among the best Shayars at Shayri.comzainy is the among the best Shayars at Shayri.comzainy is the among the best Shayars at Shayri.com

10th September 2014, 07:49 PM

Truly a gem...simply superb sanjay ji..

Quite emotional as well..

I guess we all go through these kind of feelings atleast once in a lifetime. ...

Zainy

PalkoN ki baand ko tod ke daaman pe aa gira
Ek aaNsu mere zabt ki tauheen kar gaya...

Nm
  Send a message via MSN to zainy  
Old
  (#9)
Hamdam

10th September 2014, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameer'shaad' View Post
Awwwwww sooooo sweeeet Sanjay saahab................ no words to say, just superbbb

Shaad.....
Thanks Sameer Bhai , good to see you here with us

Old
  (#10)
Hamdam

10th September 2014, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hassan View Post
Sanjay jee,

Just mind-blowing..............! hats off .. reps added.

Regards,
You are mind blowing too Hasan .. And so sweet of you for your reps and appreciation

Old
  (#11)
Hamdam

10th September 2014, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zainy View Post
Truly a gem...simply superb sanjay ji..

Quite emotional as well..

I guess we all go through these kind of feelings atleast once in a lifetime. ...
True indeed ... Honestly I have not personally experiences such feelings in life
as I always stayed with my family .. But I was inspired by a girl who was peeping from the balcony of her hostel in the evening .. I noticed that and felt
that may be she was sad and missing her family..

This is how this peom was created way back 30 yers ago when I was a student myself in teens..ha ha

Regds
Sanjay Sehgal

Old
  (#12)
Hamdam

10th September 2014, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by N@zneen View Post
Sanjay ji bahot kam waqt meiN aapne apni khushmijaazi se almost sabke diloN meiN jagah bana li hai aapki nazm aur ghazal ke kamaal to dekhe humney but this is someting different altogether.....what a wonderful expression of longing and loneliness.....just beautiful and heart touching
Dear Naaz ,

Very true of what you said above , but to tell you my attraction to poetry started with English Poetry way back in 1984 when I was a student and I wrote around 25 poems in English with the passage of time ..

It was here at SDC I developed taste for shayri in other languages

I have so far posted around 12 poems in English since Nov 2012 ...(joined in Oct 2012 )
stone crishers, Love , God is love, Childhood, Agony of wait, Beauty ,
Who am I , Race of Life , Innocent Love, Beautiful dream, Life in diff perspective and homesickness ......

Old
  (#13)
aadeil
aadeil has much to be proud ofaadeil has much to be proud ofaadeil has much to be proud ofaadeil has much to be proud ofaadeil has much to be proud ofaadeil has much to be proud ofaadeil has much to be proud ofaadeil has much to be proud of

11th September 2014, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamdam View Post

Sanjay Sehgal

Jan 1984
Sanjayji,

This poem has really touched me......

I felt like these are my feelings way back in the 70's & 80's when I was staying in boarding school and then in hostel myself. Though, there were many remembrances of those days which are still alive, there is somewhere a dark space which remains in your heart where you crave to be with your parents......

beautifully expressed....

REPS+++++

ख़ुदा परेशां तेरी बला से तेरे सितम से तेरे अधम से
अगर हसीँ होते ज़ुल्म तेरे तू भी तो कुछ शर्मसार होता

http://www.shayri.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic89874_2.gif