Shayri.com  

Go Back   Shayri.com > Shayri > Shayri Ki Paathshaala

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 25 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
What's the difference between behr, nazm, ghazal, kavita, rachna....???
Old
  (#1)
chaahat
chaahat is a splendid one to beholdchaahat is a splendid one to beholdchaahat is a splendid one to beholdchaahat is a splendid one to beholdchaahat is a splendid one to beholdchaahat is a splendid one to beholdchaahat is a splendid one to behold

Question What's the difference between behr, nazm, ghazal, kavita, rachna....??? - 27th December 2006, 12:24 AM

I might sound pretty dumb here.. but seriously I don't know this. And asking my own family for help is not that dumb I guess.

I need to know the difference between a nazm, behr, ghazal... etc.

I can never figure out which one is which one. So, not to make a mistake I just refer it as a Rachna. But I know somewhere in my heart that, that's not correct even.

So if anyone can please explain the meaning and difference and how to recognise one of each like behr, nazm, ghazal, rachna, kavita.....

I would really appreciate that!!

Thanx in advance!

~Priya

"Dikha kar khawaab in aankhon ko, De gaye aansoon in mein Tum..
Kaise chalka doo yeh aansoon, In mein bhi To rehTe ho Tum.."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Sirf Tanu Ki ChaahaT...... ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Old
  (#2)
Mayank
Mayank is the among the best Shayars at Shayri.comMayank is the among the best Shayars at Shayri.comMayank is the among the best Shayars at Shayri.comMayank is the among the best Shayars at Shayri.comMayank is the among the best Shayars at Shayri.comMayank is the among the best Shayars at Shayri.comMayank is the among the best Shayars at Shayri.comMayank is the among the best Shayars at Shayri.comMayank is the among the best Shayars at Shayri.comMayank is the among the best Shayars at Shayri.comMayank is the among the best Shayars at Shayri.com

28th December 2006, 06:23 PM

Priya jee:

kaisi haiN aap? aap ne bohat achchha sawaal kiya hai... (aur kaafi muShkil bhii hai )

maiN fursat meiN aap ke sawaaloN ke jawaab deta huuN.. aur ess se pahle koii dost-e-sukhan kuchh kahna chaahateN haiN ya aap ke sawaaloN ka jawaab dena chaahte haiN to un ka swaagat hai... voh khul kar apni raa'ey de sakte haiN

-Mayank
  Send a message via MSN to Mayank  
Old
  (#3)
Taish
"Taish meN hai Taish"
Taish is the among the best Shayars at Shayri.comTaish is the among the best Shayars at Shayri.comTaish is the among the best Shayars at Shayri.comTaish is the among the best Shayars at Shayri.comTaish is the among the best Shayars at Shayri.comTaish is the among the best Shayars at Shayri.comTaish is the among the best Shayars at Shayri.comTaish is the among the best Shayars at Shayri.comTaish is the among the best Shayars at Shayri.comTaish is the among the best Shayars at Shayri.comTaish is the among the best Shayars at Shayri.com

29th December 2006, 08:46 PM

kaisi hain, priya dd,
ek bahut hi ahcha sawaal kiya hai aapne...! aur jaisa ki mayank bhaiya ne kaha kathin v...! maine socha ki kuch kahooN...! koi baat galat ho ho jaye agar to maafi ka talabgaar rahunga...!

shuruaat karte hain RACHNA se...!

dd rachna ki koi parivhasha nahi hoti, rachna ka matlab hota hai jo rachi jaye,aur isme lekhan(writing) ke har pehlu aa jaate hain, chahe aap, naatak,le leN ya fir kahaaniyaaN,kavitayen,ghazal,nazm,parody,lekh vagairah. matlab writing all the different forms is taken toghether to b called as, rachna...!

ab aate hain KAVITA pe...!

dd hindi me wo rachnayen,jinhe hum paragraphs me nahi likhte unhe kavita kaha jaata hai, ek aur essential condition hai,ki usme ek continuity hoti hai...! aur iski baareekiyaaN nahi samjha paaunga kyunki isme bahut jyada type hain, aur bahut jagah alankaaroN ka upyog hota hai...! sahi main kavita ki ek matr bandhan yahi hai ki ye paragraphs me nahi likhi jaati, umeed karta aapko kuch clarity mili hogi...!

NAZM...!

ab hindi ki rachnaaon se hum urdu shayri ki oor rukh kar rahe hain...! nazm me v flow ki koi particular rule nahi hai...! alag alag tarah ki nazmeN haiN aur unhe classify karne ke v shayad do alag criterias hain..! aur alag tarah ke nazmoN ke liye alag alag rules v mauzood hain...! par as a common rule koi flow ke rules nahi hain. aur repeating line present hoti hain generally inme...!

GHAZAL...!

ye shayri ki sabse khoobsurat cheez hai...! isme radeef, kaafiya, matla, maqta aur beher ka hona jaroori hota hai...! ghazal ki details aapko dard section me maikash ji ki post hai,usme saari details mil jaayengi…! Usse bahut help milegi aapko…!

BEHER…!

Ye ghazal ki sabse important cheez hai, jisme hum matrayen ginte hain, choti aur badi, beher bahut tarahon ki hai, par hume apni v nayi beher banaane ki choot hai…!iski details yakeen maaniye to iski details aapko mayank bhai hi sahi se denge…! Kyunki beher abhi main seekh hi raha hun, aur sikha paana mere bas ka nahi hai…!

Dd umeed hai aapke kuch doubt maine clear kar diye hain shayad…! Agar nahi v kar paaya hun to maafi chahunga, waise jab mayank bhai reply karenge tab saari details jaroor mil jayengi aapko…!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://alfaaz-e-taish.blogspot.in/

Ishq hota tha, ishq karte haiN,
Vo zamana tha, ye zamana hai...

----Taish

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  Send a message via Yahoo to Taish Send a message via Skype™ to Taish 
Old
  (#4)
chaahat
chaahat is a splendid one to beholdchaahat is a splendid one to beholdchaahat is a splendid one to beholdchaahat is a splendid one to beholdchaahat is a splendid one to beholdchaahat is a splendid one to beholdchaahat is a splendid one to behold

29th December 2006, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayank View Post
Priya jee:

kaisi haiN aap? aap ne bohat achchha sawaal kiya hai... (aur kaafi muShkil bhii hai )

maiN fursat meiN aap ke sawaaloN ke jawaab deta huuN.. aur ess se pahle koii dost-e-sukhan kuchh kahna chaahateN haiN ya aap ke sawaaloN ka jawaab dena chaahte haiN to un ka swaagat hai... voh khul kar apni raa'ey de sakte haiN

-Mayank
Shukriya Mayank ji..

Mujhe aapke jawab ka intzaar rahega!

Take Care..

~Priya

Old
  (#5)
Mayank
Mayank is the among the best Shayars at Shayri.comMayank is the among the best Shayars at Shayri.comMayank is the among the best Shayars at Shayri.comMayank is the among the best Shayars at Shayri.comMayank is the among the best Shayars at Shayri.comMayank is the among the best Shayars at Shayri.comMayank is the among the best Shayars at Shayri.comMayank is the among the best Shayars at Shayri.comMayank is the among the best Shayars at Shayri.comMayank is the among the best Shayars at Shayri.comMayank is the among the best Shayars at Shayri.com

31st December 2006, 08:34 PM

Priya jee aur tamaam ahl-e-bazm,

I do not have vast knowledge about poetry, but I am trying to answer your question in a simple way.

Whats are differeneces between behr, Nazm, Ghazal, kavita, rachna....???

to know the differences between all this, first we shuuld know what is beh’r, Nazm, Ghazal, Kavita & Rachana.

1) Ancient Indian Poetry (indo-Aryan languages)

Geet & Kavita,

Geet is a word in several Indo-Aryan languages, deriving from the Sanskrit word gita, which means a song or a poem. It is a genre of poetry in most contemporary Indo-Aryan languages like Hindi, Punjabi, Guajarati, etc. It is commonly used as song or hymn.

Kavita: Kavi(poet) +ta(imagination) = Creation/imagination of a poet, the whole poetic work of a poet(KAVI) may be called a kavita. It is just like Nazm. (But Nazm basically consist of urdu words, but Kavita basically consist of Hindi words. ) Just like the difference between a Shayar and a kavi...: D Nazm & kavita is almost same...
An example of Kavita, by Sri Gopal Das Neeraj

chhup chhup ashru bahaane waaloN,
Moti byarth lutaane waaloN,
Kuchh sapno ke mar jaane se jeevan nahiiN mara karta hai.

Sapna kya hai, nayan sej par,
soya huaa aaNkh ka paani
aur TooTna hai us ka jyoN,
Jaage kachchhi niNd jawaani,
Gili umar banaane waalon, Doobe bina nahaane waaloN,
Kuchh paani ke bah jaane se saawan nahiiN mara karta hai

Mala bikhar gayee to kya hai,
Khud hi hal ho gaii samshya,
aaNSuu gar niilaam huye to
samjho puri huii tapashya
RooThe deevas manaane waaloN, Phatee kameez silaane waaloN,
Kuchh deepoN ke bujh jaane se, aaNgan nahiIN mara karta hai.

Khota nahiiN kuchh bhi yahaan par,
keval jild badli thee pothii,
Jaise raat utaar chaaNdanii,
pahne subah dhoop ki dhotii,
Vastra badal kar aane waalon, chaal badal kar jaane waaloN,
Chand khilone ke khone se bachpan nahiiN mara karta hai..

Laakh baar gagariyaaN phooti,
shikan na aayee panghat par,
Laakh baar kishtiyaaN duubi,
Chahal-pahal wahiihai taT par,
Tam ki umr baRhaane waalON, lo ki aayu Ghataane waaloN,
Laakh kar patjhaR koShiSh par upban nahiiN mara karta hai..

LooT liya maali ne upban,
LooTi na lekin gaNdh phool kii,
ToofaanoN tak ne CheRha par,
Khirki baNd na huyii dhuul kii,
Nafrat gale lagaane waaloN, sab par dhuul uRaane waalon,
Kuchh mukhroN naarazgii se darpan nahiiN mara karta hai..
(GOPAL DAS NIIRAJ)

Rachana: it means creation. It may be a prose, poetry or any thing else... e.g. we are creation of god. Creations stand here for rachana.

2) Urdu poetry (Arabic and Persian languages)

Urdu poetry (Urdu Shayari) is one of the greatest and finest poetries of the world. It has many different colours & types and some those unique traditions which are nowhere in any poetry. It has generated its root from Arabic and mainly from Persian. Urdu Poetry has two main types i.e. Ghazal and Nazm

Ghazal: In poetry (and as the lyrics in songs), the Ghazal is a poetic form consisting of couplets which share a rhyme and a refrain.

A Ghazal, in short, is a collection of couplets (called sher) which follow the rules of Matla, Maqta, Beher, Qaafiyaa, Radif, Khayaal and Wazan. The traditional complete Ghazal has a matla, a maqta, and atleast three other shers in between. The first two shers of a Ghazal can have the form of a qatha (a specific variation of which is a ruba'ee; most familiar to modern readers from Khayyám's Rubayyat).

Details of the Form

* The second line of each couplet in a Ghazal ends with the repetition of a refrain of one or a few words, known as a Radif, preceded by a rhyme (though in a less strict Ghazal the rhyme does not need to precede the refrain immediately), known as a Kaafiyaa. In the first couplet, this introduces the theme, both lines end in the rhyme and refrain. I.e. AA BA CA etc

* There can be no enjambment across the couplets in a strict Ghazal; each couplet must be a complete sentence (or several sentences) in itself.

* All the couplets, and each line of each couplet, must share the same meter.

* Some Ghazals do not have any Radif. This is, however, rare. Such Ghazals are called "gair-muraddaf" Ghazal.

* Although every Sher, should be an independent poem in itself, it is possible for all the Shers to be on the same theme. Alternatively, even have continuity of thought. This is called a musalsal Ghazal, or "continuous Ghazal". The Ghazal "Chupke chupke raat din aasun bahaanaa yaad hai" is a famous example of this.

* In modern Urdu poetry, there are many Ghazals, which do not follow the restriction of same Beher on both the lines of Sher. However, even in these Ghazals, Kaafiyaa and Radif are present.

* The restriction of Maqta has become rather loose in modern times. The Maqta was used historically as a way for the poet to secure credit for his or her work and poets often make elegant use of their takhallus in the maqta. However, many modern Ghazals do not have a Maqta or, many Ghazals have a Maqta just for the sake of conforming to the structure or tradition. The name of the Shayar is sometimes placed unnaturally in the last Sher of the Ghazal.

In the Context of Sufism, Ghazal by Amir Khusru: (sufiism)

Chhap tilak sab cheeni ray mosay naina milaikay
Prem bhatee ka madhva pilaikay
Matvali kar leeni ray mosay naina milaikay
Gori gori bayyan, hari hari churiyan
Bayyan pakar dhar leeni ray mosay naina milaikay
Bal bal jaaon mein toray rang rajwa
Apni see kar leeni ray mosay naina milaikay
Khusrau Nijaam kay bal bal jayyiye
Mohay Suhaagan keeni ray mosay naina milaikay

Nazm:

A Nazm is an Urdu poetic form that is normally written in rhymed verse. The Ghazal in Urdu represents the most popular form of subjective poetry, while the Nazm exemplifies the objective kind, often reserved for narrative, descriptive, didactic or satirical purposes.

Example of Nazm:

YAAD: By Fazil Jamili

Tum hanstee thee jaisey saawan gaa'ye malhaar
Tum rotee thee jaisey baarish, woh bhi moosla dhaar
Tum chaltee thee subah saweray jaisey chaley hawa
Tum ruktee thee maang raha ho jaisey koi dua
Tum sotee thee toot rahi ho jaisey koi angrraayee
Mein ney jitney mosam dekhhey yaad tumhaaree aayee

Beher:

behar in Urdu poetry is the meter of a sher (a form of poetry in Urdu, essentially a couplet). It may be considered as the length of the sher. Both the lines in the sher, the couplet, must be of same beher. Moreover, all the shers in one Ghazal (a poetic form consisting of couplets, which share a rhyme and a refrain) must be of the same beher. There are 19 kinds of beher. However, generally beher is categorized in three classes:
Short, medium, long, depending upon the length of the misra (first line of the sher)

For a Ghazal, all the shers in the Ghazal should be of the same of beher. The example of this is this Ghazal of Faiz Ahmed Faiz. Notice the length and meter of the a’shaars in this Ghazal: it is same throughout.

shaiKh saahab se rasm-o-raah na kii
shukr hai zindagii tabaah na kii

tujh ko dekhaa to ser-e-chashm hue
tujh ko chaahaa to aur chaah na kii

tere dast-e-sitam kaa ajz nahii.n
dil hii kaafir thaa jis ne aah na kii

the shab-e-hijr kaam aur bahut
ham ne fikr-e-dil-e-tabaah na kii

kaun qaatil bachaa hai shahar me.n 'Faiz'
jis se yaaro.n ne rasm-o-raah na kii

So, the differences between Behar, Nazm, kavita, rachna, Ghazal
Except, Behr all others are the either expressive or poetic creation by a person. Behr is pattern in which we arrange words of Ghazal/Nazm/Kavita/ geet etc etc in a musical way.

Ghazal

i) Followed the rule of matla/maqta, raadiif, qaafiye, Khayaal, wazn , rhyme etc.
ii) Every couplet of a Ghazal may be called as Nazm coz; every couplet is complete in itself.
iii) Every couplets is complete in it’s self. Ghazal may not be a centralization of a thought,
iv) The Ghazal in Urdu represents the most popular form of subjective poetry,

Nazm

i) Here is only the rule of Khayaal, rhyme, & somewhere behr too.
ii) The entire poetical work is called as Nazm.
iii) The complete poetical work is a centralization of a thought; we cannot write a part Nazm. It will be just like an incomplete story.
iv) The Nazm exemplifies the objective kind, often reserved for narrative, descriptive, didactic or satirical purposes.

Hope you people understand, (uff! kasam se bohat mehnat karwayaa hai, )

Thanks,

Mayank

Last edited by Mayank; 3rd January 2007 at 12:04 PM..
Old
  (#6)
chaahat

1st January 2007, 01:25 AM

Lucky Bhaiya..

Aapka bahut bahut shukriya jo aapne in sab ke meanings mujhe samjhaaye.. nahi to humesha in words ko use karte samay kahin thoda sa guilt feel hota tha ki matlab nahi jaanti aur istemaal kar rahi hun..

Bahut bahut shukriya!!!

Take Care..

~Priya

Old
  (#7)
chaahat

1st January 2007, 01:29 AM

Mayank ji...

Aapka bhi bahut bahut bahut shukriya jo itne ache se aapne mujhe sabke meanings samjhaaye.

Hm...!! mehnat to kaafi karva di aapse maine..

But haan yeh poori fruitful hogi... jo mere jaise budhoo insaan ko in sab ka matlab samjh me aa gaya... nahi to jab bhi inka use karti thi.. kahin na kahin feel hota tha ki kahin kuch galat to nahi keh rahi...

Meanings vaise itne detail oriented hain.. ki still completely samjh nahi paayi hun.. par shaayd over the period of time aapke isi jawab ko dubaara padh ke aur apne khud ke examples ko saath rakh ke.. dheere dheere seekh jaaungi.

Ek baar phir aapka tahe dil se shurkiya karna chaahungi ki aapne itne ache se mujhe samjhaane ki koshish ki...

Thankyou so much! aur haan aapki itni saari mehnat ko waste nahi jaane doongi!!!

Take Care..

~Priya

Old
  (#8)
Dhaval
Shayri.com Moderator
Dhaval is the among the best Shayars at Shayri.comDhaval is the among the best Shayars at Shayri.comDhaval is the among the best Shayars at Shayri.comDhaval is the among the best Shayars at Shayri.comDhaval is the among the best Shayars at Shayri.comDhaval is the among the best Shayars at Shayri.comDhaval is the among the best Shayars at Shayri.comDhaval is the among the best Shayars at Shayri.comDhaval is the among the best Shayars at Shayri.comDhaval is the among the best Shayars at Shayri.comDhaval is the among the best Shayars at Shayri.com

3rd January 2007, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Priya jee aur tamaam ahl-e-bazm,

I do not have vast knowledge about poetry, but I am trying to answer your question in a simple way.

Whats are differeneces between behr, Nazm, Ghazal, kavita, rachna....???

In order to know the differences between all this, first we shuuld know what is beh’r, Nazm, Ghazal, Kavita & Rachana.

1) Ancient Indian Poetry (indo-Aryan languages)

Geet & Kavita,

Geet is a word in several Indo-Aryan languages, deriving from the Sanskrit word gita, which means a song or a poem. It is a genre of poetry in most contemporary Indo-Aryan languages like Hindi, Punjabi, Guajarati, etc. It is commonly used as song or hymn.

Kavita: Kavi(poet) +ta(imagination) = Creation/imagination of a poet, the whole poetic work of a poet(KAVI) may be called a kavita. It is just like Nazm. (But Nazm basically consist of urdu words, but Kavita basically consist of Hindi words. ) Just like the difference between a Shayar and a kavi...: D Nazm & kavita is almost same...
An example of Kavita, by Sri Gopal Das Neeraj

chhup chhup ashru bahaane waaloN,
Moti byarth lutaane waaloN,
Kuchh sapno ke mar jaane se jeevan nahiiN mara karta hai.

Sapna kya hai, nayan sej par,
soya huaa aaNkh ka paani
aur TooTna hai us ka jyoN,
Jaage kachchhi niNd jawaani,
Gili umar banaane waalon, Doobe bina nahaane waaloN,
Kuchh paani ke bah jaane se saawan nahiiN mara karta hai

Mala bikhar gayee to kya hai,
Khud hi hal ho gaii samshya,
aaNSuu gar niilaam huye to
samjho puri huii tapashya
RooThe deevas manaane waaloN, Phatee kameez silaane waaloN,
Kuchh deepoN ke bujh jaane se, aaNgan nahiIN mara karta hai.

Khota nahiiN kuchh bhi yahaan par,
keval jild badli thee pothii,
Jaise raat utaar chaaNdanii,
pahne subah dhoop ki dhotii,
Vastra badal kar aane waalon, chaal badal kar jaane waaloN,
Chand khilone ke khone se bachpan nahiiN mara karta hai..

Laakh baar gagariyaaN phooti,
shikan na aayee panghat par,
Laakh baar kishtiyaaN duubi,
Chahal-pahal wahiihai taT par,
Tam ki umr baRhaane waalON, lo ki aayu Ghataane waaloN,
Laakh kar patjhaR koShiSh par upban nahiiN mara karta hai..

LooT liya maali ne upban,
LooTi na lekin gaNdh phool kii,
ToofaanoN tak ne CheRha par,
Khirki baNd na huyii dhuul kii,
Nafrat gale lagaane waaloN, sab par dhuul uRaane waalon,
Kuchh mukhroN naarazgii se darpan nahiiN mara karta hai..
(GOPAL DAS NIIRAJ)

Rachana: it means creation. It may be a prose, poetry or any thing else... e.g. we are creation of god. Creations stand here for rachana.

2) Urdu poetry (Arabic and Persian languages)

Urdu poetry (Urdu Shayari) is one of the greatest and finest poetries of the world. It has many different colours & types and some those unique traditions which are nowhere in any poetry. It has generated its root from Arabic and mainly from Persian. Urdu Poetry has two main types i.e. Ghazal and Nazm

Ghazal: In poetry (and as the lyrics in songs), the Ghazal is a poetic form consisting of couplets which share a rhyme and a refrain.

A Ghazal, in short, is a collection of couplets (called sher) which follow the rules of Matla, Maqta, Beher, Qaafiyaa, Radif, Khayaal and Wazan. The traditional complete Ghazal has a matla, a maqta, and atleast three other shers in between. The first two shers of a Ghazal can have the form of a qatha (a specific variation of which is a ruba'ee; most familiar to modern readers from Khayyám's Rubayyat).

Details of the Form

* The second line of each couplet in a Ghazal ends with the repetition of a refrain of one or a few words, known as a Radif, preceded by a rhyme (though in a less strict Ghazal the rhyme does not need to precede the refrain immediately), known as a Kaafiyaa. In the first couplet, this introduces the theme, both lines end in the rhyme and refrain. I.e. AA BA CA etc

* There can be no enjambment across the couplets in a strict Ghazal; each couplet must be a complete sentence (or several sentences) in itself.

* All the couplets, and each line of each couplet, must share the same meter.

* Some Ghazals do not have any Radif. This is, however, rare. Such Ghazals are called "gair-muraddaf" Ghazal.

* Although every Sher, should be an independent poem in itself, it is possible for all the Shers to be on the same theme. Alternatively, even have continuity of thought. This is called a musalsal Ghazal, or "continuous Ghazal". The Ghazal "Chupke chupke raat din aasun bahaanaa yaad hai" is a famous example of this.

* In modern Urdu poetry, there are many Ghazals, which do not follow the restriction of same Beher on both the lines of Sher. However, even in these Ghazals, Kaafiyaa and Radif are present.

* The restriction of Maqta has become rather loose in modern times. The Maqta was used historically as a way for the poet to secure credit for his or her work and poets often make elegant use of their takhallus in the maqta. However, many modern Ghazals do not have a Maqta or, many Ghazals have a Maqta just for the sake of conforming to the structure or tradition. The name of the Shayar is sometimes placed unnaturally in the last Sher of the Ghazal.

In the Context of Sufism, Ghazal by Amir Khusru: (sufiism)
Prem bhatee ka madhva pilaikay
Matvali kar leeni ray mosay naina milaikay
Gori gori bayyan, hari hari churiyan
Bayyan pakar dhar leeni ray mosay naina milaikay
Bal bal jaaon mein toray rang rajwa
Apni see kar leeni ray mosay naina milaikay
Khusrau Nijaam kay bal bal jayyiye
Mohay Suhaagan keeni ray mosay naina milaikay

Nazm:

A Nazm is an Urdu poetic form that is normally written in rhymed verse. The Ghazal in Urdu represents the most popular form of subjective poetry, while the Nazm exemplifies the objective kind, often reserved for narrative, descriptive, didactic or satirical purposes.

Example of Nazm:

YAAD: By Fazil Jamili

Tum hanstee thee jaisey saawan gaa'ye malhaar
Tum rotee thee jaisey baarish, woh bhi moosla dhaar
Tum chaltee thee subah saweray jaisey chaley hawa
Tum ruktee thee maang raha ho jaisey koi dua
Tum sotee thee toot rahi ho jaisey koi angrraayee
Mein ney jitney mosam dekhhey yaad tumhaaree aayee

Beher:

behar in Urdu poetry is the meter of a sher (a form of poetry in Urdu, essentially a couplet). It may be considered as the length of the sher. Both the lines in the sher, the couplet, must be of same beher. Moreover, all the shers in one Ghazal (a poetic form consisting of couplets, which share a rhyme and a refrain) must be of the same beher. There are 19 kinds of beher. However, generally beher is categorized in three classes:
Short, medium, long, depending upon the length of the misra (first line of the sher)

For a Ghazal, all the shers in the Ghazal should be of the same of beher. The example of this is this Ghazal of Faiz Ahmed Faiz. Notice the length and meter of the a’shaars in this Ghazal: it is same throughout.

shaiKh saahab se rasm-o-raah na kii
shukr hai zindagii tabaah na kii

tujh ko dekhaa to ser-e-chashm hue
tujh ko chaahaa to aur chaah na kii

tere dast-e-sitam kaa ajz nahii.n
dil hii kaafir thaa jis ne aah na kii

the shab-e-hijr kaam aur bahut
ham ne fikr-e-dil-e-tabaah na kii

kaun qaatil bachaa hai shahar me.n 'Faiz'
jis se yaaro.n ne rasm-o-raah na kii

So, the differences between Behar, Nazm, kavita, rachna, Ghazal
Except, Behr all others are the either expressive or poetic creation by a person. Behr is pattern in which we arrange words of Ghazal/Nazm/Kavita/ geet etc etc in a musical way.

Ghazal

i) Followed the rule of matla/maqta, raadiif, qaafiye, Khayaal, wazn , rhyme etc.
ii) Every couplet of a Ghazal may be called as Nazm coz; every couplet is complete in itself.
iii) Every couplets is complete in it’s self. Ghazal may not be a centralization of a thought,
iv) The Ghazal in Urdu represents the most popular form of subjective poetry,

Nazm

i) Here is only the rule of Khayaal, rhyme, & somewhere behr too.
ii) The entire poetical work is called as Nazm.
iii) The complete poetical work is a centralization of a thought; we cannot write a part Nazm. It will be just like an incomplete story.
iv) The Nazm exemplifies the objective kind, often reserved for narrative, descriptive, didactic or satirical purposes.

Hope you people understand, (uff! kasam se bohat mehnat karwayaa hai, )

Thanks,

Mayank

mayank ji namskaar

arrey priya di aapne to bahot mehnat karwadi mayank ji se

mayank ji itna sab janke mujhe bhi bahot khusi hui kuch janta tha to kuch baateN nahi bhi ye padh ke ab pata chal gaya mujhe , aapki mehnat zaya nahi jayegi bahot kaam aayegi

shukriyaa aapka

apna khayal rakheN , khus raheN

aapka dost
dhaval

*~*Dhaval*~*....Ek Ehsaas...

Old
  (#9)
chaahat

5th January 2007, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhavalrami4you View Post
mayank ji namskaar

arrey priya di aapne to bahot mehnat karwadi mayank ji se

mayank ji itna sab janke mujhe bhi bahot khusi hui kuch janta tha to kuch baateN nahi bhi ye padh ke ab pata chal gaya mujhe , aapki mehnat zaya nahi jayegi bahot kaam aayegi

shukriyaa aapka

apna khayal rakheN , khus raheN

aapka dost
dhaval
Arre Chotte Bhaiya....

Mehnat karne ke liye hi hoti hai..

Aur Mayank ji ko thoda pareshan karke kaafi faaida hua...

Kyun? hai na?

Take Care...

~Priya

Old
  (#10)
Mayank

8th January 2007, 06:46 PM

Sahi kaha hai Priya jee...

Mehant karne ke liye hi hoti hai.. aur ess mehnat se to mujhe bhi faa'eda hi huaa hai.. Data collect karne ke chakkar meiN, brain bhii refresh ho gaya.. aur mujeh to khushi huii kii kisii ne to mujeh PARESHAN KIYA

Last edited by Mayank; 8th January 2007 at 06:52 PM..
Old
  (#11)
chaahat

8th January 2007, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Sahi kaha hai Priya jee...

Mehant karne ke liye hi hoti hai.. aur ess mehnat se to mujhe bhi faa'eda hi huaa hai.. Data collect karne ke chakkar meiN, brain bhii refresh ho gaya.. aur mujeh to khushi huii kii kisii ne to mujeh PARESHAN KIYA
OHHHH!!!!!!

To yeh baat hai... I mean aapko pareshaan hona acha lagta hai... chalo theek hai phir aaj se aapko pareshaan karne ki poori koshish karungi

~Priya

Old
  (#12)
zainy
Aapki dost
zainy is the among the best Shayars at Shayri.comzainy is the among the best Shayars at Shayri.comzainy is the among the best Shayars at Shayri.comzainy is the among the best Shayars at Shayri.comzainy is the among the best Shayars at Shayri.comzainy is the among the best Shayars at Shayri.comzainy is the among the best Shayars at Shayri.comzainy is the among the best Shayars at Shayri.comzainy is the among the best Shayars at Shayri.comzainy is the among the best Shayars at Shayri.comzainy is the among the best Shayars at Shayri.com

24th March 2009, 12:10 AM

superb Description Mayank Ji..............main Is Post Ko Upar Le Aayi,i Thought, It Might Be Of Some Help To Some Of Our New Friends Here.........

Zainy

Zainy

PalkoN ki baand ko tod ke daaman pe aa gira
Ek aaNsu mere zabt ki tauheen kar gaya...

Nm
  Send a message via MSN to zainy  
Old
  (#13)
amit7600
amit7600 is just really niceamit7600 is just really niceamit7600 is just really niceamit7600 is just really niceamit7600 is just really nice

11th November 2009, 02:17 AM

dhanyavad mayank ji/ghayal saheb,

must admit it is very informative.

Regds*
PS:zainyji is right it shd be at the top and shd be included in the welcome kit of all new members

amit7600
Aandhiya Gam Ki Chalegi To Sawar Jaoonga Me
Mai To Dariya Hu Samoondar Me Utar Jaaonga Me
Mujhe Suli Pe Chadane Ki Jaroorat Kya Hai Logo
Mere Haato Se Kalam Cheen Lo Yuhi Mar Jaoonga Me

(When i received You in my heart everything changed for me)
  Send a message via Yahoo to amit7600  

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: