Go Back   Shayri.com > English/Hindi/Other Languages Poetry > English Poetry

a girl's life
Old
  (#1)
adarshgirl
masoom dil....
adarshgirl will become famous soon enough

a girl's life - 16th March 2005, 08:21 AM

A girl when born brings cheers and a wide smile on the swollen faces of her relatives, family and her parents. She then is referred to as “Lakshmi” (the Goddess of money). Nourished with care, love and immense what they call “Sanskaar”. She grows up in the world of tyrannical men and a society which is influenced more by show than by substance. Now, she becomes a school-going student. She now reports every of her fight and incident taking place in school to her parents (mostly mothers). After further developments, she becomes a teenager. This is the time when she is disturbed by several changes taking place physically as well as mentally. She begins to question on various systems of the society and slowly develops a self-individuality. After a teenager, she transforms into an adult with the responsibilities of her parents and family on her shoulders. This is the time when she faces different critical phases of life. As her career flourishes, she is married. Due to the pressure of in-laws, she has to drop her career and devote her full time to the household works and her life begins to revolve round her husband and in-laws. Gradually, she becomes a mother. She now is even busier. As time passes by, her children grow up and get married. She becomes a mother-in-law and then grandmother and then great-grandmother and ultimately-she meets her end!!
is this all? has a girl got no right to career? can't she dream of reaching the top?
  Send a message via Yahoo to adarshgirl  
Old
  (#2)
Parul
Parul is a jewel in the roughParul is a jewel in the roughParul is a jewel in the roughParul is a jewel in the rough

17th March 2005, 12:13 AM

Wow...

Old
  (#3)
adarshgirl
masoom dil....

18th March 2005, 07:28 AM

parulji, i want to ask u something. since u r also a girl, therefore u will be easy. has a girl got no career? no dreams in her eyes? no aims? is she just limited to the house?
hey
Old
  (#4)
mahesh.ST
mahesh.ST is on a distinguished road

hey - 1st April 2005, 03:59 AM

Wow, Nice one Kevin.... Really amazing thought!good composing , Keep writing buddy...
God bless you,
Regards,
mahesh.S.T.
  Send a message via Yahoo to mahesh.ST  
hey
Old
  (#5)
mahesh.ST
mahesh.ST is on a distinguished road

hey - 1st April 2005, 04:05 AM

Wow, Nice one Really amazing thought!good composing , Keep writing buddy...
God bless you,(previos mail simpel mistake)
Regards,
mahesh.S.T.
  Send a message via Yahoo to mahesh.ST  
Old
  (#6)
Parul
Parul is a jewel in the roughParul is a jewel in the roughParul is a jewel in the roughParul is a jewel in the rough

4th April 2005, 08:47 PM

Vedika, Sorry for late reply! Would like to answer your question....

Yes, Of course Girls should have dreams in her eyes, and they should get better career! By the way why did you think of something like this... Well, in this century nothing is impossible. I can understand how were women suffering in past years, but now everything is change so be with world, I know some people just can't change their attitude... but you have to be strong if needed to be at some place, that's what I believe.... well, if I would say something about me then I am totally changed now, Some people even called me stranger... but I am not guilty for that. Usually I mind my own buisness. well, you have to stand up strongly with your goal, no matter what other people said... Take care! Hope this helps.........

Old
  (#7)
Taish
"Taish meN hai Taish"
Taish is the among the best Shayars at Shayri.comTaish is the among the best Shayars at Shayri.comTaish is the among the best Shayars at Shayri.comTaish is the among the best Shayars at Shayri.comTaish is the among the best Shayars at Shayri.comTaish is the among the best Shayars at Shayri.comTaish is the among the best Shayars at Shayri.comTaish is the among the best Shayars at Shayri.comTaish is the among the best Shayars at Shayri.comTaish is the among the best Shayars at Shayri.comTaish is the among the best Shayars at Shayri.com

6th April 2005, 07:24 PM

hey i appreciate ur feelings but as i have read i have felt sumthing n will like 2 tell u those.
first what u have said is correct 2 only sum eztent in modern context what u have said is exactly what was happening 20-25 years ago.n u shud change ur opinion a bit.
2nd i think u have had sum incedence with u which has made u think like this.n must tell u that u please share dat incedence with sum1 u trust so dat he can clarify ur doubts.
last but not the least there is a problem with ur way of thinking u must b a bit more positive.if u think dat u wont b able 2 do sumthing then u wont ever will b able 2 give ur 100 % for dat.as some gr8 scholar has said-
"2 change d world around u sud only change ur atitude."

please reply.

yours LUCKY
  Send a message via Yahoo to Taish Send a message via Skype™ to Taish 
Old
  (#8)
adarshgirl
masoom dil....

9th April 2005, 08:02 AM

hi parulji and ghayalji,
after a long time, there has been a contact between u and me parulji. well, now coming to the topic, ya, its true that today the society is mordern and changed, but many where even today, girls are not allowed to continue their career by their in-laws. thats true that one must have a strong will, but people must admit that infront of everyone, the mother-in-law says she accepts her daughter-in-law as her daughter, but actually she dosen't behave the same way she would have to her daughter. exceptions are there, but its something true.

i have never had any incidence which makes me think this way. its just because i have seen so much in our society and read about it.
Old
  (#9)
Taish
"Taish meN hai Taish"
Taish is the among the best Shayars at Shayri.comTaish is the among the best Shayars at Shayri.comTaish is the among the best Shayars at Shayri.comTaish is the among the best Shayars at Shayri.comTaish is the among the best Shayars at Shayri.comTaish is the among the best Shayars at Shayri.comTaish is the among the best Shayars at Shayri.comTaish is the among the best Shayars at Shayri.comTaish is the among the best Shayars at Shayri.comTaish is the among the best Shayars at Shayri.comTaish is the among the best Shayars at Shayri.com

9th April 2005, 06:21 PM

i accept ur view adarshgirl ji but there is a great line by some great author dat nothing is permanent in this world xcept change n so this will change soon n 2 change all this i must say dat girls r 2 act in a much bolder way if they ever want this situation 2 change.n mind u 1 thing if u r readin things like this then generally magzines r putting masala in it also to make more sale so dont consider them 2 b 100% rite always.
  Send a message via Yahoo to Taish Send a message via Skype™ to Taish 
Old
  (#10)
Parul

12th April 2005, 02:52 AM

Vedika, I agree with what you said is " Mother in low and mother is diiferent" but not at all, you are saying as you have seen and as you heard about it, but that does not happens with everyone. as ghayal shayar said everything changes in time matter, what I have seen is girls are more active than boys, and today they have better opportunities than boys, but when I think about India and the life of girl after marriage than it's hard to be sure for that. as I mention you earlier nothing is impossible, if you want to get better career you just have to work on your goal, no matter what other said, being girl needs to keep in mind we have family to take care and responsibily of making our family better. mother in low looks her way and I guess that's the way she should think of, but it's not common problem, things happens and just get's over it by some time.... as I told you before some people just can't change their attitude, It's necessary to be nice with nice but if someone you think brings trouble in your life than you have to think over before you take any decision. well, it's not a lecture, it's my opinion........you have a wonderful day, and have fun... Enjoy your life*

Old
  (#11)
adarshgirl
masoom dil....

24th April 2005, 12:33 PM

that's all ok parulji, but i also want to tell u one thing. why it is that only girls leave their parents and go to the boys' homes. why boys never leave their parents and family? why it is the girl who has to sacrifice everything? why only the girl adopts the title of the boy? this is unfair. and to be fair, both the girl and the boy should leave their family and go to a new place with a new title which could be 50% girl's and 50% boy's. don't u think it is unfair for the girls? this has been continuing since the ages of our ancestors. why hasn't anyone tried to change this? this custom should be made illegal and people who think girls sacrifice because they have more will-power and understanding capability, should be punished!
don't u think this way parulji and ghayalji?

vedika.
Hey
Old
  (#12)
A NEW HOPE
A NEW HOPE is on a distinguished road

Hey - 25th April 2005, 12:28 AM

Hi Vedika,
If u don't mind, i have something to say. U have a point that, why only girls should change their last name after marriage. But its not only in India, its practiced all over the world. And now i have the experince of living in India and also outside, I can easily say that its same everywhere. Well the only difference that i can see here is, after marriage its not necessary for a girl to go and live with her in-laws because in most of the cases the boy is living alone. so she can move with him and I don't see a problem there. Second thing is, both husband and wife share all sorts of responsibilities. It can be house work or monthly expenses, they r both equal. In some cases i have seen a girl using her last name and her husband's last name(surname) at the same time. Maybe u will like this idea.
Anyways from my point of view, a girl and a boy r both same and I won't compare anyone cuz each person has his/her limitations. And they should act likewise...
that's all. take care...
Jeet...

Old
  (#13)
adarshgirl
masoom dil....

1st May 2005, 01:43 PM

jeetji, mujhe pata hai ki yeh out of india bhi practise hota hai, par yeh practice ko rokne ka khayal kya kissi ke man mein nahi aaya? yeh practice girls ke liye fair nahi hai. log kehte hai ki ladkiyon mein sehanshakti jyaada hoti hai, par kya sirf is kaaran ladkiyon ko yeh sab sahan karna padta hai?
hi
Old
  (#14)
A NEW HOPE
A NEW HOPE is on a distinguished road

hi - 3rd May 2005, 04:14 AM

Hi Vedika,
I know that only girls have to change their last names and not the boys and i really don't know if anyone ever thought about doing so. But if u ask me I really don't care about all these small little things. I don't mind changing my last name. All I care about is, that my partner is nice to me and she understands me and all that and for that if I have to accept her last name, I have no problems with that.
I don't think it has anything to do with how much girls can sacrifice and how much patience they got. Come on... Boys can make sacrifices too, they have patience too. So why is it not changing then??? From my point of view, just changing your last name after marriage is not a big issue, but how u spend the rest of your life after that does matter...
That's all. This world is still worth living for... Get rid of all these negative thoughts and make sure u r only looking at the ultimate goal. Concentrate on your studies and make yourself capable first, to change the society in future. U need power to make any changes and u have to work hard to gain it.
Take care and do write back...
Jeet...

Old
  (#15)
adarshgirl
masoom dil....

7th May 2005, 08:09 AM

maybe u can tell so much because u r a male. but, u have never ever viewed this issue from a female's eyes. and moreover, its very true that boys don't have as much patience as girls and they can't sacrifice as much as girls can. its a proven fact.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: