Shayri.com  

Go Back   Shayri.com > Stories/Quotes/Anecdotes > Inspiring Stories

The Mystery Letter.
Old
  (#1)
dushman
dushman is on a distinguished road

Thumbs up The Mystery Letter. - 21st July 2007, 10:46 AM

The sun was "Hillary wake up! It's almost nine, honey!'' called out my mom from the stairs.

After a few minutes I cleared my beddings and went downstairs. When I finished my breakfast, I was standing by the window when I suddenly remembered the terrible nightmare of the night before, which made me sit up in the bed for more than two hours. When I woke up I had been terrified.

The heavy silence was broken when my mom called out.

"Hillary, have you got nothing to do? If so, why don't you take a walk for some fresh air."

"Ok! Mom".

I hurried to my room, picked up the phone and dialed Julie's number.

"Hi! Julie?" I asked.

"Speaking!" Said Julie, in a cheerful voice.

"I was about to ring you up, to join us in my house. All the others have come." She added.

"Great! I'll be there in moments, 'bye!"

I hung up the phone and opened my closet. It was a total mess but I managed to find a pair of blue jeans and a navy blue sweater that I had always admired.

As I was about to leave the house the doorbell rang; iit was the postman. He gave me a letter and hurried off. I was surprised to find that it was addressed to me so I took it and rode off to Julie's.

When I entered the hall, I found Al, Vincent, Sandy, Taylor and Julie chattering. All of us have been together since Grade 3 and now we've formed a group. The talk, of course, was about the latest track released by the famous pop group 'Backstreet Boys', called 'Drowning'.

We were still talking, when suddenly Vincent asked about the paper that I had in my hand. I explained about it, opened the letter and read it out aloud.

'Dear Hillary,

I've got your valuable diamond ring.

If you want it back meet me at the nightclub the day after tomorrow with a sum of $500. Don't dare to tell your parents, or the police, about this.

Take care. Enjoy!

Mr. Unknown.'

When I looked up, five pairs of eyes were on me.

I said: "What do you guys think I should do? And hey! Look how could It be, I didn't even know about my ring. It cost me about $ 6000." Tears were rolling down my pink cheeks.

"Common, Hil! Cool down, we'll surely find a solution for this," a friend said, trying to cheer me up.

Each of us do a part-time job and they all agreed to help me get the money. I really am lucky to have friends who are so helpful!

I skipped my dinner and went to bed early as I was in a very bad mood since I returned home.

'What an awful day!' I thought.

Next morning, the first thing I did was to run to Julie's. We discussed the matter for a long time and then I left.

After about three days, we had managed to get the money demanded by 'Mr. Unknown'. (I often laughed when I read that name.)

I decided to take Vincent with me to the nightclub, and when we arrived I was surprised to find the rest of my friends there. After a while I found out that the threatening letter was sent to fool me, by my friends!

How dumb can I be? It was April Fool's Day!!!

This would certainly be one of my memorable days. In fact I would call it the best April Fool's day!!!

pyara sa dushman

Old
  (#2)
asdfgh

20th October 2009, 04:23 PM

Hahaha ... Wat a nice sharing... Lekin sawal ye uthta hai k hilary k paas agar ring thi to uske ghar se gayab kaise hui aur usne check kyu nahi ki... Aur agar wo ring pehne hui thi, to b kaise gayab hui kyuki jb usko letter mila tha, tb tk wo apne ghar pe he thi...
btw in sawalo se hatke socha jaye to story achhi thi... Like it... Thanx dushman ji...