Shayri.com  

Go Back   Shayri.com > Stories/Quotes/Anecdotes > General Stories

Old
  (#41)
zaynie
Story Writer!!!!
zaynie is on a distinguished road

3rd April 2007, 05:48 AM

that's good. i'm glad, i could make someone smile.

here's the next chapter....

Twenty-Six

It was a lot harder than she’d expected. After an hour of therapy everyday, she had to exercise her legs for a half an hour in the gym. Not only that, but she was slowly being deprived of her wheelchair. Her nurse was a sweetheart, but even she wouldn’t let her use the wheelchair. Not even to go to the bathroom! “You’ve got to get used to using those crutches, darling. Otherwise, you’ll never get walking!”

A special pair of crutches was given to her for getting around. They were easier to use than her old pair. These clasped onto her forearm and helped her support her own weight. She couldn’t believe a simple pair of metal sticks could give her the support to stand on her own. Every time she realized that she was, technically, on her feet again, she felt like shouting for joy.

And it was all because of Zeeshan. Without his support, she would be nowhere. He spent most of his time with her. The only times he let her alone was when she was with the nurse. Secretly, she was starting to hate the time he was away from her. She’d find herself wondering what part of the facility he was in, and what he was doing. It was like he’d become a habit of hers. She enjoyed the times they had spent in the gardens, and the nights they had dinner in their room by the window. She loved the way he’d give a bite of his food before he started eating. It was so… romantic.

Oh, no. Zoya eyes suddenly flew open. I can’t do that. I can’t start falling for him again. She turned her face into the dark towards where he was sleeping on the reclining sofa. Even though he hadn’t uttered a word of complaint, she could see he was uncomfortable. Going on pure impulse, Zoya sat up in her bed. “Zeeshan…”

He opened his eyes, and lifted his head. “What’s wrong? You need something?”

“Um, yeah.” How could she say this without looking like an idiot? “I’m… scared. Nightmares…”

He almost laughed, but saw that she was serious. “Oh… um, okay. What can I do to help?”

“C-Could you sleep with me?” Oh, that came out horrible! “I mean-, not sleep with me but just-,” She saw him trying to hold back his laughter, and found herself finding it funny too.

When he saw a smile touch her lips, he thought it was safe to laugh. “Sorry, but that just came out all wrong.”

“You know what I mean.” She said fidgeting with her blanket. Throwing his comforter aside, he crossed over to her bedside. “You’re not really having nightmares, are you?”

Aw, shit. She started rambling on, “No, I am! Really-”

He absently rubbed his chin. “You know, you’re not a very good liar. Tell me the truth. What’s on your mind?”

“Well, it’s just-,” Truth. Tell him the truth. “This bed is big enough for both of us, and I don’t see why you should have to sleep on that little space. You could sleep here with me.”

Zeeshan held up his finger, gesturing her to hold on. “Let me get this straight. You’re offering me to share your bed because you’re worried that I’m not comfortable?” He was so touched by the offer, that he had difficulty accepting it. “You really trust me that much?”

Zoya looked up and smiled. “Zeeshan, I’d trust you with my life.”

Her words meant everything to him. “Has anyone ever told you how sweet you are, Zoya?”

Zoya angled her head and smiled. “One learns from others.”

He laughed and grabbed his pillow off the sofa. Throwing it down next to hers, he wondered, “Aren’t you worried we’ll… spoon?”

Spoon? Zoya had no idea what he was talking about. “Huh?”

“You know…” He rubbed a hand over his face. “Nevermind.”

“No, tell me. What?”

He sat down on his side of the bed. “I might mistaken you for a pillow and, you know, … snuggle up to you.”

The picture had color creeping up her neck. “Are you serious?”

When he burst out laughing, Zoya felt like an idiot. She grabbed his pillow and whacked it at him. He put up his arms to defend himself. “Hey!”

“You’re never serious are you?” Zoya fell back onto her pillow and turned her back to him. “Shabba Khair.”

Smiling to himself, he rested his head on own pillow. “Good night.”

I’ll be serious when the time comes. I just hope you’re ready for it.

~*~

In the middle of the night, Zoya unknowingly turned to him in her sleep. When she slid an arm around him, Zeeshan nearly jumped out of his skin. Hoping to wake her up, he turned to face her. His voice was just above a whisper when he said her name. “Z-Zoya.”

But she only mumbled in her sleep, snuggling herself in the crook of his arm. And just to complete the torture, she rested her head on his chest, the smell and feel of her crowding his senses.

Shit. Now how the hell was he going to sleep with this bundle of softness in his arms? He resisted resting his arm around her shoulders, because that could only lead to more shaky grounds. So instead, he clutched his fist and rested it on her side of the bed, which now lay vacant.

In his opinion, sleeping on the sofa wouldn’t have been as painful as this.

~

"Meri Duniya Hain...Tujme Kahin
Teri Bin Mein Kia...Kuch Bhi Nahin"

Nice story
Old
  (#42)
snow white

Nice story - 4th April 2007, 10:47 PM

Hey zaiynee,

I want to tell you that u r a very good writer...ur story is absolutely amazing.
You have gathered words amazingly and the flow is superb.
I already read the "Making memories". It was really good.
Where do u get your inspirations to write? :-)
Anywayz gud luck with ur writing...waiting for the next chapter.

Take care :-)

Old
  (#43)
zaynie
Story Writer!!!!

5th April 2007, 06:30 AM

Twenty-Seven
Zoya stirred when she heard sounds from the hall. Trying to block them out, she cuddled her pillow closer. Only, her pillow wasn’t co-operating with her. She pried an eye open to the sunlight pouring through the room, and looked up. Right into Zeeshan’s sleeping face. When she looked down at their bodies linked together, Zoya jumped up as if she’d been electrocuted.
The sudden movement had Zeeshan sitting up with a fright. “What!? What happened?!”
Zoya looked at him with an accusing stare before he could barely open his eyes. “… You!”
His eyes went wide when he remembered the events of the night. Holding up a hand, he started to reassure her, “Hold on, Zoya. Don’t get carried away.”
But she was already slapping his hand away. “How could you! You said you were joking! I never thought-,” In a swift move he covered her mouth with his hand, and gave her a no-nonsense stare.
Turning her head towards her side of the bed, he said, “Look.”
When Zoya looked, she realized that she was on his side of the bed.
He removed his hand from her mouth, and tossed the comforter aside. But not before she could see the hurt in his eyes. Squeezing her eyes shut, she cursed herself for being so quick to point a finger at him.
When he came back from the bathroom, she was still sitting on his side of the bed. She waited for him to look her way, but he didn’t. “Zee-,”
“The nurse is probably waiting for you in the gym.” He helped her get the crutches on, and then left without a word.
She didn’t see him for rest of the day. By the time the sun had set, she was furious with him. Sure, she had made a mistake. But he could have at least given her a chance to apologize. Instead, he had purposely stayed out of her path the entire day.
“He can go to hell for all I care,” she said aloud, as she settled down with a novel by the window. But as she tried to read, Zoya felt the throbbing behind her eyes grow into an unbearable headache. She tried to tolerate the pain, but it just kept getting worse. Finally, she buzzed for the nurse to get her some medicine.
“What have you been fretting about, Darling?” She said, as she came in with a special medicine for Zoya’s migraine. “Worrying about something brings on the mother of all migraines.”
Zoya pinched the bridge of her nose. “Give me something strong, or I won’t be able to sleep.”
“I’ll give you something better than strong.” She said with a sly smile. “It’ll give you a little energy, and help you sleep too.”
Not to mention, it’ll give your husband a night to remember. But she didn’t say that out loud. “Good night, Dear.”
Once the nurse was gone, Zoya tried to focus on the book instead of the clock. Minutes turned into hours, as the clock struck midnight. The migraine was finally easing to slow throbbing behind her eyes, but her anger was back to boiling.
When she heard the door open, she looked up from her book. As he stepped through the door, she gave him an icy glare. “Where were you?”
“Excuse me?” Zeeshan paused to stare at her.
“Where the hell were you?” She crossed her hands over her chest and waited for an answer. “Do you have any idea what time it is?”
Zeeshan couldn’t believe this: his first argument with his wife. Struggling not to smile, he took a couple of slow strides over to where she was sitting. “I do, but do you? Why are you still up this late?”
“I was wait-,” Zoya caught her tongue. “I was reading a book.”
“Right.” He took the book from her hand. “What’s it about?”
“What?” She hadn’t even read the first page, because she’d been lost in his thoughts. “I-It’s, um, a love story.”
Murder in Tuscany.” He pursed his lips. “They sure write weird love stories these days.”
She swiped the book out of his hands. “It’s none of your businss-…”
“And my coming late is your business?” Watching her with a burning gaze, he asked her again, “Why’d you wait?”
“I wasn’t-,”
“Zoya, I’ve told you that you’re not a good liar.” He finally gave her hint of a smile.
“I don’t know. I was just worried, I guess.” She didn’t see a point in telling him about her headache. Or that the medicine was making her feel oddly woozy.
“I think,” he took a seat down next to her. “that you worry too much about me.” He lifted her chin to meet her eyes. “Maybe you should worry more about yourself.”
“What do you mean?” She felt lightheaded, but resisted resting her head back. “Why should I worry-,”
When he laid a hand over hers, Zoya felt excitement rush through her. He lifted her hand and kissed it. “Nevermind. Are you still mad at me?”
She closed her eyes, wishing the wooziness would go away. “No, ...no. I acted like a complete moron this morning. I’m sorry.”
“Well, I won’t disagree with you on that.” He grinned, grazing the back of his hand along her cheek. “But I was wrong to walk out on you. I should’ve been more mature than that.”
“Where’d you go?” She asked quietly, pulling his hand away from her face. She was already having trouble thinking straight. His touch only made her more unsteady.
“I went to town. I bought some stuff for everyone.” He pulled out something from his pocket. “I got this for you, as a form of apology for being an ass.”
She looked down at the little case in his hands, and felt emotion bubble in her throat. “What is it?”
“Open it.” He put in her palm, and waited.
“I can always count on you to make me feel guiltier.” She slowly opened the case, and felt her heart tighten. It was a pair of beautiful diamond earrings set in white gold. “Oh, Zeeshan. They’re beautiful. But-,”
“You never wear earrings. I thought this might motivate you.”
He’d noticed that about her? He’d gotten her diamond earrings?!… Oh, this is getting so complicated. “I really shouldn’t take this. Friends don’t need expensive gifts.” She put closed the box and gave it back to him.
He looked down into his hands, then back at her. After a thoughtful moment, he said “Then take it as my wife.”
Zoya starred at him. “What?”
“I’d like to give it to my wife.” He said again with a pleading smile.
She didn’t have the heart to say ‘no’ to that face. He was always so nice to her, and cared for her so much. Never had she had such a special friend. And she’d do anything to make him happy. Returning his smile, she asked, “Will you put them on?”
He obliged and pulled out the earrings from the box. Tucking her curls behind her ear, he leaned close to put them on. As he did, Zoya breathed in his scent. Swallowing the desire crawling up in her throat, she turned her head to let him put on the other one.
When she tilted her head to give him better access, Zeeshan found himself starring at her bare neck. Forcing himself to look away, he tried to put on the next earring without fumbling like an idiot. When he drew away, his gaze lingered on her face, her closed eyes, and then lowered to her perfectly pink lips.
His conscience told him to move away. If she wasn’t ready for this, it might ruin all that they had. But when she opened her eyes and looked into his with a curious shyness, Zeeshan felt a spark of hope. Just one quick kiss, he promised himself.
It hadn’t occurred to her that they had moved so close together. As his gaze lowered to her lips, she realized what he meant to do. And it was absolutely peculiar to be blushing at the thought of it. Another quick rush of excitement flowed through her, when he trailed a finger along the bottom of her lip.
Curling his hand around her the back of her neck, Zeeshan pulled her close, and pressed his lips against hers. She tasted like strawberries and… chocolate? Her lips were soft and warm. Sweet. Forgetting his promise, Zeeshan deepened the kiss, and angled his head to taste her again.
Zoya could hear her own heartbeat thundering in her chest, as he kissed her yet again. When he tried to pull away, she didn’t let him. She’d been waiting for this kiss for much too long, and she’d be damned if she let it end so soon. “One more.”
Zeeshan had no way to object, because she was already in his arms. Finally, he gave into the demons inside him and quenched his desire.
Zeeshan had no idea that Zoya was drugged and this was merely a side effect of the medication she’d taken. All he could feel pouring through her was desire, and he met it with his own.
~well, i guess you can figure out the rest, because my modesty keeps me from writing further... (and i'm sure this forum has got some rules! neway, thanks for reading. i'm working on the next chapter... i'll keep you all posted.
~zaynie...

Old
  (#44)
zaynie
Story Writer!!!!

5th April 2007, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snow white View Post
Hey zaiynee,

Where do u get your inspirations to write? :-)
Well, i'm inspired by my daydreams. So many years, i used to think of these stories in my head, but never tried to write them down. One day, i sat down in front of my computer and started typing. I've got no sense of organization, no papers.. nothing! I wish i could develop my characters better..a character sketch maybe (?). maybe someday i'll sit down and write down the entire plot first, before starting to write the story... then i won't get stuck so often!

thanks alot to all of you who are reading my story.
~zzz....

Last edited by zaynie; 5th April 2007 at 06:38 AM.. Reason: e

Old
  (#45)
musafir ek pal
a broken shadow...
musafir ek pal has a spectacular aura aboutmusafir ek pal has a spectacular aura aboutmusafir ek pal has a spectacular aura about

6th April 2007, 05:34 AM

zaynie...its gud piece of work, really good. like ur inspiration...keep up the gud work

Life is filled with goodbyes, a million goodbyes, and it hurts every time....and every time my heart dies a little...

Darkness falls on me like rain...
just
one drop at a time....

Send a message via Yahoo to musafir ek pal  
Old
  (#46)
zaynie
Story Writer!!!!

8th April 2007, 11:37 PM

hello ! sorry i took so long in posting this chapter. I'm working on the next chapter, so give me a couple of days at least. Hopefully, it'll be up soon!
take care...
~zzz...

Twenty-Eight

Zoya lifted a hand to block out the morning sun as it poured over her face. As she shifted, an arm tightened around her waist. She could feel the warmth coming from him, as he held her against him. Swallowing the lump in her throat, she tried to lift it away.
She vaguely remembered what had happened the night before. But the medicine hadn’t been strong enough to block out all the details. She knew of the events that took place the night before. And it made her feel guilty that she wasn’t able to give herself to him with a clear mind.
But he didn’t have to know that she had been drugged. If he hadn’t noticed last night, then she was safe. Closing her eyes, she tried to remember everything from last night. Even in her haze, one thing she remembered very clearly was when he had said, “I love you, Zoya.”
It had opened a door to her heart, to hear those words from him. So many years ago, she had waited for him to say it to her, but now when he finally had, she wasn’t sure what to do about it. Could she love him again, like she once had in high school? Could she love him as a husband, like she had once loved Atif?
Zeeshan awoke when she stirred in his arms. A smile touched his lips as she tried to wriggle free of his grip. Tightened his hold, he pulled her close. “Kahan ja rahi ho, meri jaan?”
Zoya tried not to blush, but she couldn’t help it. The moment their lips met, she felt color rise to her cheeks. When he pulled away, he had a grin on his face. “I find it peculiar that you’re blushing now, yet last night…”
“Shut up.” She rolled her eyes, and laughed. When she tried to get up, he pulled her back down. “What are-,”
“I’ve got to have you again, Zoya.” He touched his lips to hers, and kissed her passionately. Then lifting away messy curls from her neck, he kissed a sensitive spot below her ear. “I hope you won’t mind.”
Zoya swallowed hard, as she shut her eyes. “Zeeshan, about last night…”
“Mmm.” He kissed her again, not noticing her hesitant tone. “It was the best night of my life.”
Zoya’s tried again. “I have to tell-,”
But when he started trailing kisses along her neck, her mind went blank. After a couple of mind-numbing kisses, he asked, “You were saying something?”
She linked her arms around his neck and pulled him down for kiss. “I can’t remember.”
He gave a smug grin and leaned down to kiss her again. When he started to deepen the kiss, they heard a knock at the door.
Zeeshan let out a stream of curses. “Great timing, Nurse Ranchett.”
Zoya laughed and smacked his shoulder. “She’s a sweetheart, okay. Just because you didn’t get your way-,”
“Oh, I’ll get my way.” He kissed her soundly on the lips. Whispering in her ear, he added, “Tonight.”
~*~

While Zoya did her exercise in the gym with her trainer, Zeeshan strolled down the halls of the facility thinking only of her. As he passed the nurse’s lounge, he nearly bumped into Zoya’s nurse. “Oops, sorry.”
“Hello, Dear. I hope I didn’t disturb you this morning.”
Zeeshan’s cheeks flushed pink. “Um, no. Not really.”
Seeing him blush told her she definitely had disturbed them. “Well, I thought the medication would have worn off by then. But sometimes love has its own way of making things happen.”
“Excuse me?” Zeeshan felt like someone had slapped him across the face. “What’d you say?”
“I said, sometimes love-,”
“No, no. What medication?”
“Oh, that. Well, Zoya had a massive migraine yesterday. I gave her a special pill that would ease the pain.” Tucking her notepad under her arm, she gave him wink. “One that has a sweet side effect: lots of excess energy.”
“What-,” But before he could ask more, she gave him a pat on his back and walked away. As he watched her walk away, his mind started putting all the pieces together. It could only mean one thing.
Whatever happened between them last night had been the result of medication. It hadn’t been pure passion. Zoya had been under the power of drugs. And he had mistaken it as… Oh, God. How could he have been so selfish? He dragged a hand through his hair, and cursed under his breath. Disgusted with himself, he crunched hands into fists and went outside to get some fresh air.
Zoya was in the garden with her trainer. When she saw him coming, she excitedly waved her hand, and nearly lost balance. “Whoa.”
“What are you doing out here?” He asked, putting on a smile.
Her trainer, Ashley, answered for her. “I decided that Zoya’s ready to walk without her crutches.”
“Really? I didn’t know it would be so soon.” Zeeshan gave Zoya a smile. “You must be excited.”
“Excited? Are you crazy?! I’m scared out of my mind.” She gave a nervous laugh. “I’m glad you here, though. It helps.”
Ashley helped Zoya take off the crutches, while she sat on a bench. “You ready?”
Zoya hesitated at first, but when she felt Zeeshan’s arm come around her waist, she knew she could do this. Placing a hand over his, she got to her feet. Mumbling to herself, she started chanting, “Baby steps, baby steps.”
Ashley smiled as she moved aside to let Zoya take her first steps in years. Zeeshan held her lightly around the waist, but Zoya was doing all the work. His support was all psychological. “You’re going great, Zoya!”
Zoya let out a laugh when she realized that Zeeshan had taken his arm away from her waist, and was just walking beside her. “I’m walking on my own!?! Oh, my God! Zeeshan, I’m walking! I’m walking!”
Zeeshan pushed back the water in his eyes. She grabbed his hand screamed with delight. “I told you, you could do it.”
Zoya threw her arms around him, tears brimming in her eyes. She let them flow, and whispered in his ear, “I couldn’t have done this without you, Zeeshan. Thank you so much.”
The sound of her voice sent tingles down his spine. When she pulled away, it took all of his control not to pull her back into his arms and keep her there. “You can do anything, once you put your mind to it.”
“Why do you always have to be so modest?” She said, trailing a finger along his jaw.
He saw Ashley smile out of the corner of his eye. “Don’t, Zoya.”
Her smile deepened. She took a small, steady step closer. “Don’t what?”
When she curled her hands in his hair, there was no way he could have stopped her. She pulled his head down and kissed him. Soft, and gentle. A sweet kiss that had his head spinning by the time she pulled away. What is she doing?
Ashley gave Zoya a triumphant smile. “I’m sure your husband can help you finish your walk. Beep me if you need anything.”
When she was gone, Zoya turned to Zeeshan. Biting her lip, she said, “I’m sorry. I just couldn’t stop myself.”
“Maybe we should control ourselves, Zoya. I thinking we’re getting a little carried away with this whole charade.” He said, looking away from her. “It’ll just complicate things more.”
It felt like the ground she was standing on had been pulled from under her. She quickly looked away from his face. “You’re right. Um, I shouldn’t have done that, I’m sorry. Maybe we could-”
“Last night was a mistake too, Zoya. I’m sorry I didn’t control myself.” Zeeshan couldn’t believe he was saying this.
A mistake. The words echoed in her ears like a hundreds bells ringing at once. She had been stupid to believe that whatever had happened last night had meant something to him. Stupid to believe that he was in love with her. Clearing her throat, she tried to keep her voice steady. “It’s okay. Woh ek kumzor pal tha, hum dono ke liya.
But she wouldn't say she was sorry. Because she wasn’t sorry about what happened between them. Those precious moments with him would last her a lifetime.

Last edited by zaynie; 8th April 2007 at 11:39 PM..

Old
  (#47)
zaynie
Story Writer!!!!

20th April 2007, 05:49 AM

Twenty-Nine
As Asma drove to the airport, she wondered what surprise Zoya was talking about. It wasn’t like Zoya to keep secrets, or give surprise gifts. She usually asked what Asma wanted and got her that.
Well, she’d find out soon enough. The flight had already arrived, and they would come out in a little while. So, Asma sat down in the Arrivals area, and waited for them to come out those doors.
She saw Zeeshan first, carrying a handbag in one hand, and holding Zoya’s hand with the other. Then she saw Zoya, walking beside him. “Oh, my…”
Asma wasn’t sure she could keep the tears from flowing, so she just let herself cry. Rushing up to Zoya, she put her arms around her and wept.
When both of them had emptied their hearts out, Asma finally pulled away, and asked, “How? What-,”
“We’ll explain everything in the car.” She looked at Zeeshan, and he gave her a reassuring smile.”
On their way home, Zoya and Zeeshan explained everything to Asma. “So, then we both agreed that our honeymoon was the perfect chance to get all this done. After the operation, we spent a few weeks in the rehab center The place was beautiful, Asma. Almost like a five-star hotel.”
“Yeah, I was pretty surprised myself. It turned out to be rather romantic for both us.” Zeeshan added, with a smile in his voice. “So, it was like hitting two birds with one stone.”
“I still can’t believe it.” Asma said, with a laugh. She pulled up into Zeeshan’s driveway. “Munira Aunty doesn’t know either?”
“No, I didn’t tell her.” Zeeshan helped Zoya down, and let her take his hand. When Asma gave a worried look, he explained, “She still needs a little support. It’ll take a couple of months before she can function the new knee properly.”
“Oh, right.” She watched Zeeshan put an arm around her waist to support her, and felt a glow of happiness spread inside her. “I’ll bring in your things.”
Once they all settled into the living room, Asma decided she needed some strong coffee. “Munira Aunty has gone shopping with Humza. Apparently, we’re all having dinner with you guys today.”
“Ammi loves having you guys over. I’m sure she would adopt you two if she could.” Zeeshan said, as he got up to pull out something from his handbag. He took out a small gift-wrapped box and put it on the coffee table, then placed an envelope underneath it.
When Asma came in with coffee, she saw the box and smiled. “For me?”
They both smiled, as Asma sat down to open her gift. When she saw the pendant, her eyes went moist. “No.1 Sister. It’s beautiful, thank you.”
“Zeeshan thought of it. Open the card.” Zoya pushed the card towards her.
Asma opened the card and silently read it to herself. Then she read the handwritten note on the inside of the card. First she read Zoya’s note, and sent her smile, after finishing it. Then she read Zeeshan’s note:
Dear Asma,
There are no words to express my gratitude for what you’ve unknowingly done for me. Without your approval, Zoya would never have married me. I know how hard it was for you to part with her, and to think of her as someone other than your Bhabi. I would like to ask you for yet another thing.
I’ve always wanted a sister, and will shamelessly ask you to consider being mine. I know I can’t be Atif, because he holds his own place in your heart. I’m just asking for you to let me make my place in your heart, as your brother. Having said that, I’ll hope you’ll also reconsider calling Zoya - Bhabi once again. It would make her really happy.
Hoping for the best,
Zeeshan Bhaijaan.
Asma closed the card let a tear slide down her cheek. To have a brother again. She lifted her head to meet Zeeshan’s thoughtful gaze. “Did you right this on your own?”
Zeeshan laughed, despite the tension in his voice. “Apparently, yes.”
“I thought, maybe Bhabi might have helped you. She’s got a way with words.” She cleared her throat, and sent a smile at Zoya. “He’s a real sweetheart, isn’t he?”
Zoya chuckled. “Yes, he can be really sweet.”
“Well, then I guess I’m lucky to have found a brother in him.” She looked at Zeeshan, and gave him a smile. “Right, Bhaijaan?”

Old
  (#48)
astha
not a shayar
astha is a jewel in the roughastha is a jewel in the roughastha is a jewel in the rough

20th April 2007, 11:28 AM

dis ch. ws real l8

astha

i m an angel honest ...those horns are just there 2 hold my halo up!

Old
  (#49)
zaynie
Story Writer!!!!

20th April 2007, 11:13 PM

^ yeah, i know. Sorry. here's the next one... I'm still writing the one after this.... give me a few days

Thirty

When Humza proposed to Asma that night, he took everyone by surprise, including Asma herself. After the shock gradually faded, Zeeshan hurried away to get his camera and take some snaps.
Zoya was couldn’t have been happier. Seeing that brilliant smile on Asma’s face again brought her peace. Her plan had worked. But for some reason, she was having trouble facing the fact that soon she’d have to leave Zeeshan. It was only right to give him back his life. It wasn’t his fault that she’d fallen in love with him in the process of this whole charade.
Soon, Asma and Humza left and Munira went to sleep. Zoya and Zeeshan sat alone in the living room, waiting for the other to say something.
Breaking the silence, Zeeshan finally spoke. “Well… Your plan worked.”
Zoya tried to sound relieved. “Yeah, it worked. I’m so glad.”
“But it’ll still be a while before they set the date.”
“Yes, but it’ll still be a while before they set a date. We’ll have to wait.”
Zeeshan thought about what she was implying. Wait to get a divorce. It was going to be over soon, and she was going to slip right through his fingers… again. “Listen, Zoya…”
“Zeeshan, I-,” She said at the same instant. “Sorry, you first…”
“No, you go ahead.”
“I just wanted to thank you. No one would have done something like this for me. Not just helping me get them back together, but this…” She touched her knee, and smiled. “I can walk again, thanks to you. I don’t think I’ll ever be able to repay you for your kindness.”
“Come on, Zoya. There’s no need for all this. You mean a lot to me, and I’d do anything to help a good friend like you.” He wasn’t about to tell her that he did all this because he loved her. “I was glad to be there for you.
Zoya rested her head on his shoulder. “You’ve always been so sweet, Zeeshan. That’s what I love about you.”
What did she just say? “Huh?”
Zoya bit her lip. Oops. “I said that’s what’s so great about you.”
“Oh. Um, thanks.” Great, now I’m hearing things.
Zoya got up from the sofa, and went into the kitchen. “Milk?”
“Only if you’ll share.” He replied with a smile. They’d been sharing a glass of milk since their wedding night. It had sort of become a habit, and he liked it. When she same back with the milk, she brought a plate of cookies too.
“Midnight snack.” She took a sip of milk and bit into a cookie.
Zeeshan picked up a cookie from the plate in her lap and dipped it into the milk. “This reminds me of when I was small. I used to love chocolate chip cookies and milk.”
“I still do.” Zoya dipped her own cookie into the milk and laughed when they started fighting for room in the glass. Defeated, she moved her hand aside and waited for him to finish soaking his bite.
Instead of taking the bite, he brought it to her mouth. “Mine’s tastes better.”
Zoya laughed, purposely trying to nip his finger while taking the bite. “Mmm…definitely better.”
He took a gulp of milk, and finished off his cookie. When he looked at Zoya, she burst out laughing. “I’m sorry. It’s just- if Ammi saw you now, she’d spank you.”
Zeeshan started to wipe off his milky face with his hand, when Zoya told him to wait. She grabbed a tissue from the box on the coffee table. “Let me.”
She turned his face towards her and wiped away the crumbs from the corner of his mouth, and then gently wiped at his moustache made of milk. She could feel his eyes on her, and knew she was blushing. “Stop looking at me like that.”
“Like what?” He asked innocently.
“Like you’re about to eat me.” Zoya said it before she could catch her tongue. “I mean-,”
Zeeshan smiled despite his flushed cheeks. “Well, maybe you shouldn't look so delicious all the time.”
He caught her wrist in his hand, and leaned over to lightly kiss her lips. After he pulled away, he let himself linger and take in that wonderful smell of her. When he felt her shiver, and he backed away.
Clearing his throat, he got up and took the dishes to the kitchen.
Zoya watched him stroll out of the living room, confused beyond confusion. He was really making it hard for her to understand him. Heaving a sigh, she got up and went to her room, deciding that she would give him a taste of his own medicine.

Last edited by zaynie; 20th April 2007 at 11:16 PM.. Reason: lil edit

Old
  (#50)
zaynie
Story Writer!!!!

29th April 2007, 01:35 AM

hi... here's the next chap. sorry again it's late... work dilemma, barely have time write! will try to post asap.

Thirty-One

Apparently, both Humza and Asma were in a hurry to get married. They set the date for the following month. Zoya was ecstatic for her dear friend, but she couldn’t help but feel a little upset. As soon as they were married, Zoya would have to leave Zeeshan; she’d have to leave her new home.
But that’s my problem, and no one else’s, she thought grumpily throwing a cushion off the sofa.
She hadn’t quite felt herself lately, always cranky and irritated by the littlest things. Usually, Munira was there to help her feel better. But a week ago, her sister had fallen ill in Pakistan, and Munira had flown out to meet her. So, that left Zoya all alone in a house with only the company of lousy reruns.
Zeeshan was working late again today. Since Humza was busy with wedding preparations, Zeeshan had offered to handle his project, which meant working late. For the last couple of weeks, Zoya had barely spoken to him because of the odd schedule. Not only that, but his busy schedule had also ruled out any chance of him kissing her again like he had in the living room the other night.
Damn it, Zoya. Stop thinking about that kiss! She cursed at herself, and stuffed her mouth with grapes. Even her favorite show, Everybody Loves Raymond, couldn’t help brighten her mood. So she shut it off, and let her head fall back on the sofa.

~*~

When she woke up, the sun was just rising. She couldn’t remember how she’d gotten to bed, but when she saw her husband beside her she couldn’t care less. It was Sunday, and Zeeshan finally had the day off.
Zoya instantly snuggled up to him, putting an arm around him and resting her head on his chest. This felt right… So right.
But it had been only a few minutes of bliss before Zoya felt the vile taste in her mouth. She quickly sat up, only to feel more nauseous. She threw the bedspread aside and hurried to the bathroom and leaned over the sink.
Zeeshan abruptly sat up when he heard the sounds coming from the bathroom. His eyes blinked open when he realized Zoya was throwing up. He hurried to her side, and put a hand on her back. “Are you okay? What happened?”
Zoya couldn’t wash away the despicable taste in her mouth. She managed to utter one word though. “Salt.”
“Salt? Right. I’ll get it.” He rushed downstairs to the kitchen. After fumbling through the cabinets, he finally spotted it on the counter. Grabbing it, he rushed back upstairs. “Here…”
Zoya was on the floor, unconscious. “Zoya!”
He swallowed the huge lump in his throat, he took some water in his hand and sprinkled it over her face. But she didn’t stir. “Oh, God. Zoya, come on.”
Taking her in his arms, Zeeshan lifted her up and into the bedroom. After setting her down on the bed, he called her family doctor, who was also a close friend of his mom. “Hello, Nazneen? It’s Zeeshan.”
After he explained to her the events of the morning, he waited for directions. There was a long silence before she answered. “Maybe you should bring her in for a checkup. Possibly for a blood test.”
“What do think it is? Will she be fine?”
“Oh, she’ll be fine. I just have a feeling that she might be-” There was a long pause. “… Well, she was telling me the other day about cravings and not feeling herself. You said she was throwing up, which could very well be morning sickness. Zoya may be pregnant.”
The shock of the words nearly threw him off his feet. “W-What?”
Before the doctor could reply, Zoya stirred. She touched a hand to her head and moaned. “Zeeshan…”
He quickly said good-bye, and said he’d call again later. Then he rushed to her side, and took her hand. “I’m right here.”
Zoya opened her eyes, and gave him a weak smile. “What happened?”
He looked down at her with a smile. “You fainted, and scared the hell of me in the process.”
“Sorry.” She cupped her hand on his cheek. “You worry too much.”
Zeeshan laughed in spite of the tension in his throat. He stroked her hair, and looked into her eyes. “You’re someone to worry about.”
“Well, I’ll take that as a compliment.” Zoya tried to sit up, but felt dizzy. Zeeshan brought a glass of water to her lips and let her drink. “Thanks.”
He wouldn’t tell her anything about the doctor’s suspicions just yet. So instead, he let her rest. When he rose to leave, she took his hand and pulled him back. “Stay. Please.”
So he stretched out beside and fell asleep with her in his arms.

Old
  (#51)
krazyguy0007

1st May 2007, 10:05 PM

hey zaynie,
u r a good writer but i dont have much patience to wait so many days to read next chapter so pls try to post the chapters as early as possible.
again i thank you for such a nice story
gud work dude really gud.i like ur inspiration...keep up the gud work
bye.

Old
  (#52)
zaynie
Story Writer!!!!

4th May 2007, 05:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazyguy0007 View Post
hey zaynie,
u r a good writer but i dont have much patience to wait so many days to read next chapter so pls try to post the chapters as early as possible.
again i thank you for such a nice story
gud work dude really gud.i like ur inspiration...keep up the gud work
bye.
Hey, thanks for reading! I'm glad you liked it thus far. Unfortunately my computer just crashed a couple of days ago, and I lost the bit after this chapter. I'm in the process of writing it again... I know, i should have backed it up.. but unfortunately I'm one of those silly girls who always thinks optimistically, and didn't think that anything could go wrong with my comp.

neway, hope to post within a few days...
until then, take care...
~Zaynie...

Old
  (#53)
zaynie
Story Writer!!!!

17th May 2007, 03:38 AM

Thirty-two

Zoya's trip to the doctor changed her life. I'm pregnant. She couldn't believe this was happening to her. For heaven's sake, she was leaving Zeeshan in a few weeks! How was she going to explain this to him? Frustrated with herself, she hailed a cab and gave directions towards the cemetary. She needed to talk to Atif.
She placed the red rose by the headstone, and knelt down beside it. "Hi."
Collecting her emotions, she started to tell him all about the last few months in her life. And how she had fallen in love with Zeeshan.... again. "I wasn't careful, Atif. I don't know when and how it happened, but I'm so much in love with him. And now I'm pregnant. What if he doesn't want this baby? What if he feels pressured to stay with me because of it? I don't want to be a burden anymore. He's already done so much for me."
As Zoya emptied her heart out, thunder rumbled in the sky. Oblivious to the first few drops of rain, Zoya went on and on with her own tears spilling. Finally, when the flow of raindrops had matched her tears, Zoya got up and looked up into the dark skys. Her life was falling apart... again. And she couldn't do anything. Letting the rain soak her to the skin, she stood by Atif's grave waiting for an answer that wasn't going to come.

~*~

The house was empty when Zeeshan came home. He wanted to surprise Zoya by coming home early for a change, but instead she had surprised him. Zoya had told him that she was going out, but she hadn't told him she'd be gone so long. Picking up the phone, he dialed Asma's number. "Hey. Is Zoya with you?"
"Hi... No, she's not. She called this afternoon from the doctor's office..." Asma started.
"She went to the doctor's office?" Zeeshan's mind started racing. Oh, Shit! "Okay, um... I'll call you back."
"Is everything okay?" Asma didn't like the sound of this. "Where's Zoya?"
"I don't know. She said she was going out, but she didn't tell me where. If I knew she was.... Listen, I gotta go." Zeeshan hung up and rushed out the door. Where could she be? Why hadn't she called him?
The sound of the rain hitting the roof of his car was nothing compared to the beating of his heart against his chest. Knowing Zoya all to well, he had a feeling she consider this pregnancy a burden on him. But instead, it was the exact opposite! It was exactly what he had needed to bring them together. This was the one thing that made him realize that maybe he was an idiot to take so long in telling he how much he loved her. And now, he just hoped he could find her before it was too late. Before she decided to do something drastic. Like leave him.
After driving around for what seemed like hours, it donned on him. Making a swift U-turn, he realized where he would find her. When he reached the graveyard, he dialed Asma's number on his cell phone. "Come on, pick up... pick up. Hey, Asma. Listen, what part of the cemetary can I find Atif's grave."
After following her directions, he thanked her and hung up. In the mist of the rain, he could make out a figure laying by the head stone. It was her. Jumping out of the car, he rushed up the path and gathered her into his arms. She was soaked to the skin, her clothes pasted to her body like glue. Her eyes were red and swollen, making Zeeshan's heart tighten at the thought that she'd been crying. "Zoya. Sweetheart, open your eyes. It's me."
Zoya opened her eyes, and looked into Zeeshan's. "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry that I messed your life up. I-I..."
Zeeshan pulled her against him and kissed her before she could say anything more. He poured all of his love into the kiss, showing her exactly how she had messed up his life. When he finally thought he'd made his point, he pulled away. "Don't you dare say that again."
Zoya felt a wave of energy and excitement ripple through her. "But all I've been is a burden on you! How can-"
Zeeshan brought his fingers to her lips to silence her. "You brought back the light in my life Zoya. I didn't know where I was going before I found you again. I wasn't sure I could enjoy my life again, until I found you again."
He replaced his finger with his lips, and kissed her gently this time. There was passion, but also a gentle caress in his kiss that sent shivers up her spine. When he pulled away, it was only to look her in the eyes and say, "I love you, Zoya.
The weight of the words nearly blew her away. “You have to know something-,”
“Sssh. Just tell me you love me, and that’ll be enough.” He said softly. “Tell me you’ll spend the rest of your life with me, Zoya.”
“But-,” Zoya couldn’t believe her ears.
“I was stupid enough to let you go once, Zoya. I can’t lose you again.”
“What?” Her mind was trying to register his words.
A odd smile touched his lips. “I’ve been in love with you since the day I laid eyes on you, Zoya. My life is incomplete without you.”
Zoya wasn’t sure whether to laugh or cry from joy. “R-Really?”
He chuckled. It wasn’t exactly the response he was hoping for but it would do. “Yes, really. I was hoping you, sort of, love me too.”
Zoya laughed through blurry eyes and threw her arms around him. “Yes, Zeeshan, I love you. I love you, I love you, I love you!”
Zeeshan lifted her off her feet and spun her around, feeling on top of the world. When he set her back down, he ran a hand over her tummy. “Would you mind if I named our baby?”
“How did you know?” She gasped, covering his hand with hers.
“I’m your husband. I’m supposed to know everything.” He replied with a sly smile. “So, it’s okay if I name our baby?”
“I haven’t given it any thought. I only found out today.”
“If it’s a boy, we name him Atif. If it’s a girl, we name her Asma. Deal?”
Zoya turned her head towards the Atif’s grave, and wiped away her tears. “Deal.”
After paying their respects, they both turned and head to the car. Zeeshan looked up into the clear skies. “Hey, when did it stop raining?”
Zoya laughed and linked her arm through his. “I don’t know. But look!”
She pointed in the distance towards a stream of colors in the sky. “A rainbow. Isn’t it beautiful?”
Zeeshan followed her gaze, and smiled at the sight of the beautiful rainbow. “There’s always a rainbow after the rain.”