Old
  (#51)
Mukhra
Ishhh....
Mukhra will become famous soon enoughMukhra will become famous soon enough

7th June 2005, 03:57 AM

Chapter 21

My dearest Rohit,
Kya haal hai? I hope you are fine. If you’re not, then your “jaan” will not be happy. I know that you might feel a little sad and think that I left you, and that I’m cruel, but you also know I had no choice. If I could, I would stay with you and all my friends forever. Just remember this, don’t forget about the happiness in life. Even though I am gone, and I can say this, don’t forget about flirting with everyone else. You are a flirt, and I mean that in a nice way, so stay one because that is what charms everyone around you. Before I stop writing, I want to say this. I love you because you have been the best friend I have ever had. I could talk to you about anything and you’d be able to help me out. Keep that quality of yours and remember: Stay Happy. Don’t you dare go moping around and rummaging through my closet for my things! Well, you can, but don’t make a mess. Another thing, you still have to fulfill a task. There is one girl who is waiting for you to say those three words to her. I’m not going to tell you who, but what I will tell you is that she is very close to you. Ask your heart, and I’m sure you will find her. My head hurts so much. I can’t write anymore.
Love, your best friend
Sabika

Rohit stopped reading. He had tears in his eyes from looking at Sabika’s handwriting. It was one combined with a little print and a little cursive, giving it a nice, classy look. He had loved the way Sabika would write, and would always sit and stare at her write, trying to figure out just how her writing was neatest one he had seen.

Don't forget about flirting with everyone else. Rohit smiled bitterly at that comment. Sabika, you know you were the only one I really flirted with. Everyone else was just…I don't know. You were the only one who saw me in my flirting mode more than anyone else did.

Rohit rose slowly and pocketed the letter, where it was safe from harm. He walked back to the university, thinking who it was that he had to say three words to. And, what three words? There were so many possibilities of words. Who was the girl he had to say the three words to? Rohit sighed in frustration and stopped thinking on the matter.

Rohit went into Diya’s room and saw her sitting on her bed, eating a plate of Chinese food and reading a piece of paper. He watched her for a while. There was something, something he couldn’t quite understand, that had changed the way he looked at Diya. He noticed her more than he had before. It was as if an unseen veil had lifted, and he could now see Diya.

“Are you going to just eat alone?” Rohit asked so that Diya knew he was back. Diya looked up and smiled slyly.

“Oh! I’m sorry. I offered you some like ten seconds ago, but you were too busy staring at me to notice,” Diya said sarcastically. Rohit could feel his cheeks getting red, but there was nothing to do about it now.

“Sorry. Now give me the food,” Rohit said, jumping on the bed, and taking Diya’s fork out of her hand. He quickly ate a huge portion of the rice.

“Hungry, aren’t we? Well, it would be nice to share,” Diya said matter-of-factly. Rohit pretended he didn’t notice, and kept on eating. He deliberately made it look like the food was very tasty so that Diya would crave for it even more. Diya repeated what she had said, but this time, a little louder. When Rohit still didn’t respond, she took the plate away from him.

“What?” Rohit asked innocently.

“Go buy your own food if you don’t want to share,” Diya said. She ate the rest of what was left on the plate and put the plate in the trash.

“I read Sabika’s letter,” Rohit said seriously. Diya washed her hands, and sat down next to Rohit.

“Ok. What did it say?” she asked softly. Rohit took out the letter and showed it to Diya. Diya read it, and after a moment of thinking, spoke again.

“How do you feel?”

“Weird.”

“What do you mean weird? Diya asked.

“I don’t know. It’s like…I’m happy that she wrote to me, but then I’m also sad because I can’t see her anymore, and after the letter, I wanted to talk to her, and ask her some things,” Rohit explained.

“Well, what are you going to do about this?” Diya asked.

“Visit her grave.”

“That seems like a good idea. What about the three words and the girl who is waiting for them?”

“Diya, I really don’t know. I don’t know what Sabika was talking about. I mean, there are so many words!” Rohit exclaimed.

“Do you know who the girl is?” Diya asked. Please, please say my name, Diya thought.

“I don’t know, but I will find her, and when I do, I’m gonna ask her what it is I have to tell her. Then, I’m going to yell at her for making me work this hard to find her,” Rohit joked.

“I don’t think you have to look for her much. She is very close,” Diya said softly.

“Yeah but…wait. What did you say? You know who the girl is?” Rohit asked, suddenly aware of what she had said.

“Yes.”

“Then tell me,” Rohit pleaded.

“I can’t. Like Sabika said, ask yourself who it is,” Diya said. Rohit thought for a long time about this, and then, when he didn’t get any answers, he went to his room, disappointed. When he got there, he threw himself on his bed, fell into a deep sleep. The next morning, he woke up to see Sameer putting on his shoes.

“Where are you going? Term ended so we have holidays, remember?” a sleepy Rohit drawled.

“I’m going to see Sabika,” Sameer said. Rohit didn’t hear him, because he had just fallen back to sleep.

Sameer went to his car, and again drove to the cemetery. He repeated his steps to Sabika’s grave, and continued his usual ritual of placing flowers on the grave. He took out the letter, but instead of reading it, he put it down, next to him.

“Hi, dear.”

To Be Continued…

*(`'·.¸(`'·.¸*¤*¸.·'´) ¸.·'´)*
»~:¤.·º`·.»WARDA«.·´º·.¤:~«
*(¸.·'´(¸.·'´*¤*`'·.¸)`'·.¸)*

I'm a wanderer...on the roads of life,
marveling at the different plants and flowers
on the way....some hurt, yet some love...

~*~Ek Nanny Si Jaan...Chotta Sa Bacha...Thas Me!~*~