View Single Post
Old
  (#70)
Mukhra
Ishhh....
Mukhra will become famous soon enoughMukhra will become famous soon enough

15th October 2005, 02:56 AM

Chapter 25
“Hey, jaan. Aren’t you going to have some cake? You and I used to share the same piece…and I can’t leave that tradition of ours. Here’s a bite for you. Mmmm…its so good. Mmm…and here’s a bite for me…this bite was ok…but you must be really enjoying your cake,” Rohit slowly ate the cake, his eyes welling up with tears. He hurriedly wiped them away.
“By the way…where’s my present? Don’t I get anything? Well…you know what I want. I want you to come back. Will you do that for me? Please come back…you’ve gone too far…I want you to be here. I want to celebrate all my birthdays with you. It’s not the same without you,” Rohit set the empty plate down. He looked at the sky and prayed: Please God. Listen to me just this once. Let Sabika come back. Let me be happy again. Please…this is my only prayer to you...if you can’t make her come back, then take me to her. I don’t want to live here without her anymore. This is all I want for my birthday.
“Rohit? What are you doing out here alone?” Sameer came outside and asked him. Rohit looked up at him and put on a fake smile.
“Nothing. Just talking to God,” he said. Sameer looked at him.
“Were you talking to God or Sabika?” Sameer asked. Rohit didn’t say anything. Instead, he took his plate, got up, and went inside. Sameer looked up at the sky.
“Sabika…you have made him go nuts!” he said, shaking his head and smiling.
Once inside, Rohit looked for Diya. He spotted her, a beautiful woman wearing a sparkling white dress. He started walking towards her. He had eyes only on her and just when he was about to talk to her, he felt a hand on his back. He turned around to find a group of pretty girls- all the ones he had ever flirted with.
“Rohit darling…would you like to dance with us?” One of them asked.
“Ummm…I’m not really in the mood for dancing…sorry,” Rohit said quickly and walked away from them. When he got to Diya, he put his hand up on her eyes from behind. Diya felt his hands.
“Rohit,” she said and turned around. She smiled at him. Rohit grinned and took her hand.
“How do you always know it’s me?” he asked. Diya just shrugged.
“You know…white is my favorite color…and you just happen to be wearing it tonight. It looks beautiful on you,” Rohit flirted. Diya rolled her eyes.
“You do know that your flirting doesn’t work with me,” she said.
“I know, but I thought that maybe it would this time,” Rohit grinned sheepishly.
“Maybe it did….maybe it didn’t,” Diya said.
“Will you dance with me?” Rohit said, holding out his hand.
“Nope,” Diya said. Rohit looked surprised.
“What! Why?” he asked.
“I’m kidding. Let’s go dance,” Diya said, laughing. Rohit looked relieved. He led her to the dance floor, and they started dancing to an old remix song. They danced until they were both out of breath.
“Ok…I think that is enough dancing for today,” Diya said, her breath heavy. Rohit nodded. He took her hand, and brought it to his lips. He placed a kiss so light, that if Diya hadn’t been paying attention, she would have missed it. Then, he placed a kiss on her forehead. Diya closed her eyes and wished that the moment would never end. She placed her arms around Rohit and leaned against him. She stayed like that for a few minutes, until she remembered something. She let go of Rohit and moved away.
“What?” Rohit asked.
“Nothing. I’ll tell you later,” Diya said. She quickly hugged hum and walked outside.
When outside, she walked to her car and looked for her keys in her purse. She couldn’t find them. Frustrated, she kicked the tire. Sameer came up from behind her.
“What’s wrong?” he asked.
“I can’t find my keys,” Diya said.
“That’s because you left them with me,” Sameer took out the keys from his pocket and handed them to Diya. She took them.
“Wait. Where are you going?” Sameer asked.
“Back to campus,” Diya replied, unlocking the car.
“But why? You were so excited about this party and now you’re leaving so early,” Sameer reasoned. Diya sighed and told him everything.
“But I see nothing wrong in that,” Sameer said.
“I know there is nothing wrong with that, but that’s not the real problem,” Diya got into the car. Sameer went to the other side and got in too.
“Then tell me what is really wrong,” he said. Diya took a deep breath and told him. Sameer listened carefully. He thought about the situation.
“Well…if the distance between you two decreases more, then maybe you should talk to Rohit. He will like to know why you can’t have a relationship with him,” Sameer explained slowly.
“But…I don’t know...” Diya sighed.
“Personally, I think that you should forget all that and stay with him. Not everyone goes through the same process,” Sameer said. He reached over and hugged Diya. She accepted his hug. Sameer got out of the car and opened the driver’s door.
“Come out. Let’s go back inside. Let’s play a little game to cheer you up,” Sameer whispered in Diya’s ear. Diya smiled and nodded. They went back inside, hand in hand. When Rohit saw them, he ran up to them. He broke Sameer and Diya apart and took hold of Diya’s hand. Diya took her hand away.
“What were you two doing outside?” Rohit wanted to know.
“Oh…just talking,” Diya said, taking her hand from his.
“Well…let’s go dance then,” Rohit suggested to Diya. Diya shook her head.
“I want to dance with Sameer. Bye,” Diya said, taking Sameer’s hand. Once they were a few feet away, Diya started giggling. She turned around and saw Rohit staring back at them enviously.
“Good work. Now let’s continue this little game of ours,” Sameer said, trying to hide the devilish grin. He took Diya’s hand and pulled her onto the dance floor. They rocked the party the whole night. Every now and then, they would look over at Rohit and see him sulking. For the finale, Diya and Sameer hugged. Sameer could see that Rohit was boiling with fury from inside. As the party drew to a close and the guests started to go away, Diya and Sameer cleaned u