View Single Post
~ The cooking expert~
Old
  (#1)
mausam
Yaadon ka!
mausam has a brilliant futuremausam has a brilliant futuremausam has a brilliant futuremausam has a brilliant futuremausam has a brilliant futuremausam has a brilliant futuremausam has a brilliant futuremausam has a brilliant futuremausam has a brilliant futuremausam has a brilliant futuremausam has a brilliant future

~ The cooking expert~ - 26th March 2008, 03:59 PM

Doston,
Aaj main ek aisi kahaani post karne jaa rahin hoon..jiski nayika bilkul nikaami thi....ghar ka koi kaam nahin aata tha use......jab uski shaadi hoti hain to kya hota hain...bas choti si kahaani hain ...ummeed hain sabko pasand ayegi...........

PART 1

When pooja finally got married at the age of 27, there were 2 things she did not know anything about. One was cooking and the other, knitting. Having lost her mother at the age of 8, she has been brought up by her father and a series of ayahs.

The loss has not been just an emotional one, but pooja had also lost out on learning a lot of essential things a woman needed to know in life. Pooja has never learnt any household work. Apart from cleaning up the house or doing flowers arrangement once in a while, she was blissfully unaware of the hard work and skill that went into running a house.

“Not to worry, my daughter will get married to a man who can afford to employ a cook and a house keeper.” Her father would boast whenever any relative reminded him of pooja’s lack of knowledge of housework.

But dreaming is very different from the realities of life. Nothing of the sort that her father had predicted, happened. As fate would have it pooja fell in love with an ordinary guy, who did hold a good job with a reasonable salary and who could afford to keep her in comport, but couldn’t afford the luxury of employing a cook and a housekeeper.

“ you cant marry that oaf, “ thundered pooja’s father when she expressed her wish to marry rahul.

“Father, I love rahul, “ pouted the spoilt daughter. “In any case, it is better you don’t call him by names since he’s soon going to be your son- in –law.”

“son – in –law? My left foot and my little toe.” Shouted the irate father helplessly.

“Papa ! “ Whimpered the only daughter, hurt at being refused something for the first time in her life.

Unable to see the tears flowing from his daughter daughter’s eyes, the father agreed.

“ All right, all right, call him over. I want to talk to him.”

When the young man appeared for the discussions. Pooja’s father did his best to dissuade the eager rahul , but rahul was equally adamant.

“Sir, I love your daughter and I want to marry her,” insisted rahul.

“ She is no good. She can’t make any self respecting young man a good wife. Let me share a secret with you my friend. Pooja is thoroughly spoilt. She cant do any housework,” confided pooja’s father.

“ OH, that’s a minor matter. She”ll learn eventually. The main thing is that we love each other.”

“She can’t even sew a button on.”

“ Doesn’t matter. I am good at sewing my own buttons.”

“She cant sweep or swab.”

“No problem. There are plenty of part-time maidservants available for the job. In fact, I have one working for me at the moment,” replied rahul , nonchalantly biting into the delicious samosa specially brought from the chandu halwai’s shop, for the evening.

“How can I make you understand? I ‘m your well-wisher. I want to save you from the drastic blunder you are proposing to make!”

“So thoughtful of you, Sir. I’m much oblijed,”

“ listen, young chap. I know you love my daughter and love can be blind. Your eyes will open, but too late after the 7 pheras are over.”

“Maybe.”

“So, it is better you see my warning. Change your mind. She is not worth the trouble. Although she is my own daughter. I’ ll confide in you. Pooja cannot boil an egg or even make proper tea.”

“Really? How interesting.”

“Well , you don’t believe me, do you?” asked the irritated father.

“The proof of the pudding is in eating it. Why not ask her to make a cup of tea?.
In his determination to shake off rahul, pooja”s father has exaggerated a little. Pooja could do one thing in the kitchen and that was to prepare tea with the help of tea bags.

“Dip, dip, dip. Add a little sugar and a little milk.”She sand as she boiled the water and poured it in the tea-pot. Next, she heated the milk and it went into the milk-pot . The sugar cubes were gone into the sugar-pot and laying a few tea-bags alongside, Pooja carried the stylishly laid tea-tray to rahul, who was waiting eagerly for it.

A few minutes later, they were all sipping the hot tea made by pooja and there was an unmistakable glint of victory in rahul’s eyes as they met those of pooja’s father.

The old man realized that it was useless to try to dissuade the lovelorn couple, so he blessed them.

“Don’t say I didn’t warn you,” He said, exhausted after the long argument.

Rahul looked too besotted with the beautiful girl to care about her household skills.

“Thanks, Sir. You will not regret the decision and neither will I.”

The next few days passed too quick in the wedding preparations.

AGLA PART....KAL

Jaane kya samjha woh mujhe
Jaane kya samjhi main useN

Faasla nazar aaya....Kuch kadmon ke saath se