Shayri.com  

Go Back   Shayri.com > Shayri > Shayri-e-Dard

Get-together for members from England......give ur names here...!!
Old
  (#1)
maikasH
Birha Tu Sultan
maikasH has a brilliant futuremaikasH has a brilliant futuremaikasH has a brilliant futuremaikasH has a brilliant futuremaikasH has a brilliant futuremaikasH has a brilliant futuremaikasH has a brilliant futuremaikasH has a brilliant futuremaikasH has a brilliant futuremaikasH has a brilliant futuremaikasH has a brilliant future

Get-together for members from England......give ur names here...!! - 28th January 2006, 09:26 AM

Dear members

i'm trying to arrange a meeting with all members who currently reside in UK or whoever can make it......if you are interested in such a gathering please leave your reply here and PM me ur contact details so i can get in touch with you.....

This effort is being made to discuss urdu poetry and various aspects of this fine art and to get to know each other who live nearby and share the same interest.....i wish to share my knowledge with all who wants to learn and hopefully try to learn from others......!!

If there are less than 5 enteries then in my humble opinion the idea must be dropped

Depending on the response we get, we will further discuss the time and place for the meeting

Please DO NOT post ur phone numbers and address in this thread.....instead PM me your details informing me how you wish to be contacted...!!

Good Luck

Regards
maikash

is tarhe teri yaad meiN har shaam dhaley hai
goyaa koyi nagin si kalejey pe chaley hai

maikash

Last edited by maikasH; 31st January 2006 at 08:22 PM..
 Send a message via ICQ to maikasH Send a message via Yahoo to maikasH  
Old
  (#2)
meena chheda
meena chheda is a splendid one to beholdmeena chheda is a splendid one to beholdmeena chheda is a splendid one to beholdmeena chheda is a splendid one to beholdmeena chheda is a splendid one to beholdmeena chheda is a splendid one to beholdmeena chheda is a splendid one to behold

28th January 2006, 09:51 AM

mere dost maikash,

yah tumne bahut achha socha hai... tumhara yah kadam safal ho aisi chah k sath ....

tumhari dost meena

Old
  (#3)
Aman_rahi
Paigaam-e-Aman
Aman_rahi is just really niceAman_rahi is just really niceAman_rahi is just really niceAman_rahi is just really niceAman_rahi is just really nice

29th January 2006, 12:58 PM

Janab Maikash Sahab.............

bahut hi umda khayal hai......sher-o-shayri ko is.se badi inayat kahan milegi..............

aapka apna..........

**(*·.¸(`·.¸ ¸.·´)¸.·*)**
*·.¸Paigaam -e- Aman¸.·*
**(¸.·´(¸.·* *·.¸)`·.¸)**

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
inhan ankhaaon vicho kadi, tere hanju vaghe si.....
aaj ki hoye, jehda ^AMAN^ da lahoo vagda ae......

AMAN RAHI
  Send a message via Yahoo to Aman_rahi  
Old
  (#4)
chandsi
chandsi will become famous soon enough

31st January 2006, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by meena chheda
mere dost maikash,

yah tumne bahut achha socha hai... tumhara yah kadam safal ho aisi chah k sath ....

tumhari dost meena
&

CHANDSI....

Old
  (#5)
ghayalparwana
ghayalparwana will become famous soon enoughghayalparwana will become famous soon enough

31st January 2006, 10:17 PM

I strongly urge the members of this family to make this meet successful.

Apparently the response has been lousy till now. We could learn a lot from one another so why not give it a try.

MaikasH ji, aapki ye koshish safal ho yeh aas rakhta huun..

Varinder

kyon zindagi ki raah mein akele chalta hai dost
chal waha chal jahan tere jaise aur bhi hai...

Old
  (#6)
maikasH
Birha Tu Sultan
maikasH has a brilliant futuremaikasH has a brilliant futuremaikasH has a brilliant futuremaikasH has a brilliant futuremaikasH has a brilliant futuremaikasH has a brilliant futuremaikasH has a brilliant futuremaikasH has a brilliant futuremaikasH has a brilliant futuremaikasH has a brilliant futuremaikasH has a brilliant future

31st January 2006, 11:44 PM

i agree with Varinder saahab that we can learn a lot from one another that's the whole idea behind this effort......

I hope other memebers will come forward.......

thanx eveyone for the acknowledgement

regards
maikash

maikash
Old
  (#7)
Rohin
Rohin is a splendid one to beholdRohin is a splendid one to beholdRohin is a splendid one to beholdRohin is a splendid one to beholdRohin is a splendid one to beholdRohin is a splendid one to beholdRohin is a splendid one to behold

1st February 2006, 10:47 PM

Hi Maikash,

I really appreciate this initiative of yours and being in Uk would surely love to be a part of such an event.

Though I do not know much about Urdu and Shayri but would really like to learn. Hoping that this initiative of yours is taken forward by other members

Regards
Rohin Bhargava

http://www.thoughtsunbound.com a place for my thoughts

Old
  (#8)
BalajiNagarajan
BalajiNagarajan has a spectacular aura aboutBalajiNagarajan has a spectacular aura aboutBalajiNagarajan has a spectacular aura about

1st February 2006, 11:05 PM

Hi Maikash,

This is a wonderful initiative taken. I agree with Rohin and hope this meet would get a few of us closer as a family...

Destiny is what you beleive in,
Destiny is what you make off,
Be the creator of your destiny,
For all have the force within....

Regards,
Balaji Nagarajan
  Send a message via Yahoo to BalajiNagarajan Send a message via AIM to BalajiNagarajan  
Old
  (#9)
BalajiNagarajan
BalajiNagarajan has a spectacular aura aboutBalajiNagarajan has a spectacular aura aboutBalajiNagarajan has a spectacular aura about

1st February 2006, 11:07 PM

Maikash i have a question for you my friend...

I don't understand why this wonderful thread intiated by you is present in the Shayri-e-dard section????

Regards,
Balaji Nagarajan
  Send a message via Yahoo to BalajiNagarajan Send a message via AIM to BalajiNagarajan  
Old
  (#10)
maikasH
Birha Tu Sultan

1st February 2006, 11:11 PM

Rohin saahab

thanks for joining in......this meeting is being arranged not only to learn something about urdu poetry but also to get to know each other...and i believe it would be a good expereince for all of us

hope to see u soon

regards
maikash

maikash

Last edited by maikasH; 2nd February 2006 at 01:33 AM..
Old
  (#11)
maikasH
Birha Tu Sultan

1st February 2006, 11:17 PM

BalajiNagarajan saahab

thats exaclty what i intend to do....bring members of this family closer not only to each other but also to urdu poetry......

this thread had been posted in other forums as well.......and i have made it sticky in the one's i moderate so more members can read it and hopefully participate

please accept my apologies for asking....r u here in uk ?

if yes and if u do want to join please send me ur contact details and ur availability during this weekend and the next.

reagrds
maikash

maikash
Old
  (#12)
BalajiNagarajan

1st February 2006, 11:24 PM

apologies for what my friend??

Ya i am presently in the UK.....

Regards,
Balaji Nagarajan
Old
  (#13)
Pulkit_gupta
Humanity
Pulkit_gupta has a brilliant futurePulkit_gupta has a brilliant futurePulkit_gupta has a brilliant futurePulkit_gupta has a brilliant futurePulkit_gupta has a brilliant futurePulkit_gupta has a brilliant futurePulkit_gupta has a brilliant futurePulkit_gupta has a brilliant futurePulkit_gupta has a brilliant futurePulkit_gupta has a brilliant futurePulkit_gupta has a brilliant future

7th February 2006, 06:09 PM

Hi Maikash ji,

This one is a real good initiative.. Get-togethers help us get closer and closer. We get to learn so much from each other... I personally have learnt a lot knowing members of the family here...

Best of Luck... My you all have a great time

Kab sochaa thha milegaa humsafar "Shweta" jaisaa
Lagta hai is baar "Pulkit", kismat teri bhi rang laayii hai
  Send a message via Yahoo to Pulkit_gupta  
Old
  (#14)
maikasH
Birha Tu Sultan

7th February 2006, 08:26 PM

Pulkit saahab

this i'm afraid didn't get the response i was hoping for....i know there are quite a few members from Uk on the board and still it is going towards a disappointing end......well atleast we tried......

i'm planning to visit india very soon and i think we'll get plenty of votes for a meeting there.....

maikash

maikash
Old
  (#15)
Pulkit_gupta
Humanity
Pulkit_gupta has a brilliant futurePulkit_gupta has a brilliant futurePulkit_gupta has a brilliant futurePulkit_gupta has a brilliant futurePulkit_gupta has a brilliant futurePulkit_gupta has a brilliant futurePulkit_gupta has a brilliant futurePulkit_gupta has a brilliant futurePulkit_gupta has a brilliant futurePulkit_gupta has a brilliant futurePulkit_gupta has a brilliant future

7th February 2006, 09:45 PM

Hmmm...this is bad... Having been a part of so many get-togethers, I can tell... how it feels to meet the people you read and admire... Our relationship has groomed so much....

Recently Paras was in Delhi and we had a couple of get-togethers, first on 8th Jan and second time just few days back on 3rd Feb....and each of us had such great fun... Will be sharing the photos on the site soon...

Well yes... atleast you tried... Hopefully in India case would be different... We are always eager to have them...

Kab sochaa thha milegaa humsafar "Shweta" jaisaa
Lagta hai is baar "Pulkit", kismat teri bhi rang laayii hai
  Send a message via Yahoo to Pulkit_gupta  
Old
  (#16)
BalajiNagarajan

7th February 2006, 10:11 PM

good try maikash bhai, maybe we don't have the luck right now... Anyways wonderful effort..

Regards,
Balaji Nagarajan
Old
  (#17)
Parastaar
Parastaar is a glorious beacon of lightParastaar is a glorious beacon of lightParastaar is a glorious beacon of lightParastaar is a glorious beacon of lightParastaar is a glorious beacon of light

7th February 2006, 10:16 PM

Dear Maikash...

what a wonderful initiative!

Do not lose heart...Pulkit and myself can relate with the frustration you may be feeling right now...but best thing to do would be to find out who lives around the area you are expecting to meet and contact them personally through pms...you will be able to reach the people you want to reach...as we did through our joint efforts...make it fun, make it exciting....best of luck...and do check out when pulkit posts those wonderful guftaguus right here, along with the pictures....

paras

nayi ruton mein wo kuchh aur qareeb aaye
gayi ruton ka sulagataa sa intezaar bhii ho

mere khuloos kaa andaaz ye bhii sachhaa hai
rakhuun na rabt magar dostii shumaar bhii ho

--Sayyidaa Fatimaa Hasan

Old
  (#18)
ghayalparwana
ghayalparwana will become famous soon enoughghayalparwana will become famous soon enough

8th February 2006, 12:42 AM

This is sad..

There was a glimmer of hope that while we r away from idea, the core of family, we still would be able to meet some and learn a bit more about shayri.. Anyways was a good initiative but the members didnt do the justice to thi site..

Regards

Old
  (#19)
Rohin
Rohin is a splendid one to beholdRohin is a splendid one to beholdRohin is a splendid one to beholdRohin is a splendid one to beholdRohin is a splendid one to beholdRohin is a splendid one to beholdRohin is a splendid one to behold

8th February 2006, 01:09 AM

Maikash,

~Good Effort~

That is all I can say...

Take Care
Rohin

Old
  (#20)
maikasH
Birha Tu Sultan

8th February 2006, 04:58 AM

paras jee

i did try reaching out to people i knew......balaji , rohin and varinder saahab are the only members who wants to participate........i didn't mean to say that we are calling it off.......

so far there are 4 of us and if you guys still want to go ahead i'm more than happy to oblige and we could meet on sunday ....the coming sunday.......

i live in leeds but i'm here in south-east london for another couple of weeks..... i have some duties to attend to at our local gurudwara till saturday....so if you guys still wanna meet i'll be free on sunday....please let me know

rab raakha
maikash

maikash
Old
  (#21)
Rohin

8th February 2006, 05:10 AM

Well You have the thumbs up from my side and if all is well we will meet this Sunday. Now what is required is a Meeting Place. I am close to London so any place would be good place.

Cheers!!

Old
  (#22)
ghayalparwana

8th February 2006, 01:20 PM

Same with me..

Would be able to meet this sunday, hopefully!

Varinder

Old
  (#23)
BalajiNagarajan

8th February 2006, 03:51 PM

I'm also in Maikash bhai,

Me and Rohin will make it up together, just decide a place....

Regards,
Balaji Nagarajan
Old
  (#24)
maikasH
Birha Tu Sultan

8th February 2006, 08:22 PM

right then

i'm here in norbury, near croydon.........varinder saahab's not that far, rohin how far are u from here ?

maikash
Old
  (#25)
BalajiNagarajan

8th February 2006, 08:36 PM

we are in High Wycombe Maikash.

Regards,
Balaji Nagarajan