Shayri.com  

Go Back   Shayri.com > Shayri > Shayri-e-Dard

A must read for all proud Indians...Our President's Speech in Hyderabad
Old
  (#1)
Parastaar
Parastaar is a glorious beacon of lightParastaar is a glorious beacon of lightParastaar is a glorious beacon of lightParastaar is a glorious beacon of lightParastaar is a glorious beacon of light

Arrow A must read for all proud Indians...Our President's Speech in Hyderabad - 18th May 2006, 09:04 PM

I received this in email...and I'm proud to have Dr. Abdul kalam as our president...everything he says comes from the heart and is very true...it has become fashionable among the Indians living in abroad to put down, denigrate, belittle one of the most powerful nations in the world...what a shame! I wanted to share this speech with every Indian who walks on the face of this earth...so why not start right here among all you proud Indians who have the ablity to do something about it...

The President of India DR. A. P. J. Abdul Kalam's Speech in Hyderabad .

Why is the media here so negative?
Why are we in India so embarrassed to recognize our own strengths, our achievements? We are such a great nation. We have so many amazing success
stories but we refuse to acknowledge them. Why?
We are the first in milk production.
We are number one in Remote sensing satellites.
We are the second largest producer of wheat.
We are the second largest producer of rice.
Look at Dr. Sudarshan, he has transferred the tribal village into a self-sustaining, self-driving unit. There are millions of such achievements
but our media is only obsessed in the bad news and failures and disasters. I was in Tel Aviv once and I was reading the Israeli newspaper. It was the
day after a lot of attacks and bombardments and deaths had taken place. The Hamas had struck. But the front page of the newspaper had the picture of a
Jewish gentleman who in five years had transformed his desert into an orchid and a granary.
It was this inspiring picture that everyone woke up to. The gory details of killings, bombardments, deaths, were inside in the newspaper, buried among
other news.

In India we only read about death, sickness, terrorism, crime. Why are we so NEGATIVE? Another question: Why are we, as a nation so obsessed with
foreign things? We want foreign T. Vs, we want foreign shirts. We want foreign technology.

Why this obsession with everything imported. Do we not realize that self-respect comes with self-reliance? I was in Hyderabad giving this
lecture, when a 14 year old girl asked me for my autograph. I asked her what her goal in life is. She replied: I want to live in a developed India.
For her, you and I will have to build this developed India. You must proclaim. India is not an under-developed nation; it is a highly developed
nation. Do you have 10 minutes? Allow me to come back with a vengeance.

Got 10 minutes for your country? If yes, then read; otherwise, choice is yours.
YOU say that our government is inefficient.
YOU say that our laws are too old.
YOU say that the municipality does not pick up the garbage.
YOU say that the phones don't work, the railways are a joke,
The airline is the worst in the world, mails never reach their destination.
YOU say that our country has been fed to the dogs and is the absolute pits.

YOU say, say and say. What do YOU do about it?
Take a person on his way to Singapore . Give him a name - YOURS. Give him a face - YOURS. YOU walk out of the airport and you are at your International
best. In Singapore you don't throw cigarette butts on the roads or eat in the stores. YOU are as proud of their Underground links as they are. You
pay $5 (approx. Rs. 60) to drive through Orchard Road (equivalent of Mahim Causeway or Pedder Road) between 5 PM and 8 PM. YOU come back to the
parking lot to punch your parking ticket if you have over stayed in a restaurant or a shopping mall irrespective of your status identity... In
Singapore you don't say anything, DO YOU? YOU wouldn't dare to eat in public during Ramadan, in Dubai. YOU would not dare to go out without your
head covered in Jeddah. YOU would not dare to buy an employee of the telephone exchange in London at 10 pounds ( Rs.650) a month to, 'see to it
that my STD and ISD calls are billed to someone else.'YOU would not dare to speed beyond 55 mph (88 km/h) in Washington and then tell the traffic cop,
'Jaanta hai main kaun hoon (Do you know who I am?). I am so and so's son.
Take your two bucks and get lost.' YOU wouldn't chuck an empty coconut shell anywhere other than the garbage pail on the beaches in Australia and
New Zealand .
Why don't YOU spit Paan on the streets of Tokyo ? Why don't YOU use examination jockeys or buy fake certificates in Boston??? We are still
talking of the same YOU. YOU who can respect and conform to a foreign system in other countries but cannot in your own. You who will throw papers
and cigarettes on the road the moment you touch Indian ground. If you can be an involved and appreciative citizen in an alien country, why cannot you
be the same here in India?

Once in an interview, the famous Ex-municipal commissioner of Bombay, Mr. Tinaikar, had a point to make. 'Rich people's dogs are walked on the
streets to leave their affluent droppings all over the place,' he said. 'And then the same people turn around to criticize and blame the
authorities for inefficiency and dirty pavements. What do they expect the officers to do? Go down with a broom every time their dog feels the
pressure in his bowels?
In America every dog owner has to clean up after his pet has done the job. Same in Japan . Will the Indian citizen do that here?' He's right. We go to
the polls to choose a government and after that forfeit all responsibility. We sit back wanting to be pampered and expect the government to do
everything for us whilst our contribution is totally negative. We expect the government to clean up but we are not going to stop chucking garbage
all over the place nor are we going to stop to pick a up a stray piece of paper and throw it in the bin. We expect the railways to provide clean
bathrooms but we are not going to learn the proper use of bathrooms.

We want Indian Airlines and Air India to provide the best of food and toiletries but we are not going to stop pilfering at the least opportunity.
This applies even to the staff who is known not to pass on the service to the public. When it comes to burning social issues like those related to
women, dowry, girl child! and others, we make loud drawing room protestations and continue to do the reverse at home. Our excuse? 'It's the
whole system which has to change, how will it matter if I alone forego my sons' rights to a dowry.' So who's going to change the system?
What does a system consist of ? Very conveniently for us it consists of our neighbours, other households, other cities, other communities and the
government. But definitely not me and YOU. When it comes to us actually making a positive contribution to the system we lock ourselves along with
our families into a safe cocoon and look into the distance at countries far away and wait for a Mr.Clean to come along & work miracles for us with a
majestic sweep of his hand or we leave the country and run away.
Like lazy cowards hounded by our fears we run to America to bask in their glory and praise their system. When New York becomes insecure we run to
England. When England experiences unemployment, we take the next flight out to the Gulf. When the Gulf is war struck, we demand to be rescued and
brought home by the Indian government. Everybody is out to abuse and rape the country. Nobody thinks of feeding the system. Our conscience is
mortgaged to money.

Dear Indians, The article is highly thought inductive, calls for a great deal of introspection and pricks one's conscience too.... I am echoing J.
F. Kennedy's words to his fellow Americans to relate to Indians.....

'ASK WHAT WE CAN DO FOR INDIA
AND DO WHAT HAS TO BE DONE TO MAKE INDIA
WHAT AMERICA AND OTHER WESTERN COUNTRIES ARE TODAY'

Lets do what India needs from us.

Forward this mail to each Indian for a change instead of sending some Jokes or non-sense
junk mails.

Thank you,

Dr. Abdul Kalaam
(PRESIDENT OF INDIA)

nayi ruton mein wo kuchh aur qareeb aaye
gayi ruton ka sulagataa sa intezaar bhii ho

mere khuloos kaa andaaz ye bhii sachhaa hai
rakhuun na rabt magar dostii shumaar bhii ho

--Sayyidaa Fatimaa Hasan

Old
  (#2)
Mayank
Mayank is the among the best Shayars at Shayri.comMayank is the among the best Shayars at Shayri.comMayank is the among the best Shayars at Shayri.comMayank is the among the best Shayars at Shayri.comMayank is the among the best Shayars at Shayri.comMayank is the among the best Shayars at Shayri.comMayank is the among the best Shayars at Shayri.comMayank is the among the best Shayars at Shayri.comMayank is the among the best Shayars at Shayri.comMayank is the among the best Shayars at Shayri.comMayank is the among the best Shayars at Shayri.com

19th May 2006, 11:27 AM

Paras jee..

You have really done a wonderful job by sharing the thoughts of our hon'ble president.

All hats off to our president APJ Abdul Kalam..

MeiN yehi kahuuNga ki .. Sab se pahle hame apna farz puura karna chaahiye, aur us ke baad hi ham kisii par ilzaam lagaane chaahiye.. Media ka role bohat hi negative hai...magar ko_ii bhi yahaaN apne girevaan meN jhaak kar nahi dekhna chaahta.. Aur sab se zeyaadah Sirf desh ko aur Sysytem ko hi bhala bura kah rahe haiN... MeN aisa nahi kehta ki system meN ko_ii khaamiyaaN nahi hai lekin jo bhi khaamiyaaN hai voh ham sab ke zindagii ko aasaan karne ke liye hai... Ham khud agar sudhar jaayeNge to system bhi hame achchha lagegaa... Ek line meN agar kahna pade to yehi kahuuNga ki agar ham sab apne swarth ko chhorkar desh ke baare MeN socheN to Bharat jaesa desh aap ko is duniya meN kahiiN nahi milegaa...

Mayank
  Send a message via MSN to Mayank  
Old
  (#3)
KunaaL
Sifar
KunaaL has a brilliant futureKunaaL has a brilliant futureKunaaL has a brilliant futureKunaaL has a brilliant futureKunaaL has a brilliant futureKunaaL has a brilliant futureKunaaL has a brilliant futureKunaaL has a brilliant futureKunaaL has a brilliant futureKunaaL has a brilliant futureKunaaL has a brilliant future

19th May 2006, 12:29 PM

ThaNx guddo di...

& i salute to u mr Kalaam...

Mere khayal se shayad kuch bhi kehna galat hoga iske aage .. yahaN har cheez humse hi shuru hui hai ... aur iska khathma hum sabke hathoN maiN hi hai .. maiN kisi vyakti vishesh ya doosroN ka udaharan nahi dounga...maiN khud ko bhi in sabki hi ginti mai rakhta huN ... aur hum sirf bateN karna jante hai .. kuch bhi kehna bekaar hai ... bas waqt hai ki kya hum kuch kar sakte hai .. ek chota sa kaam bhi is kranti maiN tezi la sakta hai .. sochna sabko hai ki wo kya karna chaheNge .. kya ye speach mehaj ek speach hi reh jayegi .. kya hum wakai apne desh se pyar karte hai .. ye sab hum pe hi nnirbhar karta hai ....

Kunaal

KunaaL (Sifar).........

Hai 'sifar' bhi reyazi ka hissa..
Shayrii bhi hisaab ki hogi..
  Send a message via Yahoo to KunaaL Send a message via Skype™ to KunaaL 
Old
  (#4)
ghayalparwana
ghayalparwana will become famous soon enoughghayalparwana will become famous soon enough

19th May 2006, 03:39 PM

Yeah, we all will read it and appreciate it.

But the big question is whether it will change us???

If we go out today and demonstrate that we love our country , not by boasting aloud about it, but by doing little things what a civilized person has to do e.g. cleaning after we use public facilities for the convinience of others, talk to strangers politely, be conscientious, keep the environment around us clean or by not adding to the chaos that already exists, we will actually do something for our country.

Our great country will change for good if we change our thoughts and streamline our actions in the right direction.

And I am talking about all this sitting in London, but I promise that when I'll go to India I will try to emulate the decorum that I maintain here in my own country. Thats the least I can do.

Jai Hind

Last edited by ghayalparwana; 19th May 2006 at 03:44 PM..

Old
  (#5)
Rohin
Rohin is a splendid one to beholdRohin is a splendid one to beholdRohin is a splendid one to beholdRohin is a splendid one to beholdRohin is a splendid one to beholdRohin is a splendid one to beholdRohin is a splendid one to behold

19th May 2006, 08:51 PM

President Kalam is an inspiring leader a role model for every indian in every sense.

His life only strengthens the role of self discipline in ones life to achieve greatness.

I start today and the rest shall follow is what leaders are all about.

Our Indian Army ad reads "Do you have it in you?"

Answer it to urself and not to anybody else. Ur heart knows what the truth is.

Rest is all upto you.

Regards
Rohin 'Indian' Bhargava

http://www.thoughtsunbound.com a place for my thoughts

Old
  (#6)
Pulkit_gupta
Humanity
Pulkit_gupta has a brilliant futurePulkit_gupta has a brilliant futurePulkit_gupta has a brilliant futurePulkit_gupta has a brilliant futurePulkit_gupta has a brilliant futurePulkit_gupta has a brilliant futurePulkit_gupta has a brilliant futurePulkit_gupta has a brilliant futurePulkit_gupta has a brilliant futurePulkit_gupta has a brilliant futurePulkit_gupta has a brilliant future

21st May 2006, 10:33 AM

Yesss... Proud to be an INDIAN... and proud to have a president such an esteemed and humble president....

We always regret that the system is wrong... but none of us has the aswer to "What do you do for your country?... We stealthily save taxes, promote piracy, bribe officials and what not.....

Hats off to our President.... There are so many things that he does for the betterment of the needful... but unlike others he preferes doing them silenlty.... We are really honoured to have him as our President....

Saare jahaan se accha hindustaan humaara

Kab sochaa thha milegaa humsafar "Shweta" jaisaa
Lagta hai is baar "Pulkit", kismat teri bhi rang laayii hai

Last edited by Pulkit_gupta; 21st May 2006 at 10:41 AM..
  Send a message via Yahoo to Pulkit_gupta  
Old
  (#7)
Parastaar
Parastaar is a glorious beacon of lightParastaar is a glorious beacon of lightParastaar is a glorious beacon of lightParastaar is a glorious beacon of lightParastaar is a glorious beacon of light

22nd May 2006, 06:45 PM

Yahan itne views dekh kar khushi huyi...aur kuchh doston ne jawaab bhi diya...mujhe ummiid hai ki viewers ne isse achhe se padha bhi hoga...yeh bhi ummiid hai ki aapne zyada se zyada doston ke saath share bhi kiya hoga...yahi mera maqsad thaa...ki sab padhein aur gaur karein ki hum sab Hindustaani apni apni level pe kya kar sakte hain...doosron ki aur dekhein nahin ki wo kya karte hain...charity begins at home...let it begin with you...

Jai Hind

nayi ruton mein wo kuchh aur qareeb aaye
gayi ruton ka sulagataa sa intezaar bhii ho

mere khuloos kaa andaaz ye bhii sachhaa hai
rakhuun na rabt magar dostii shumaar bhii ho

--Sayyidaa Fatimaa Hasan

Old
  (#8)
Vipinbox
ek shoonya
Vipinbox is a splendid one to beholdVipinbox is a splendid one to beholdVipinbox is a splendid one to beholdVipinbox is a splendid one to beholdVipinbox is a splendid one to beholdVipinbox is a splendid one to beholdVipinbox is a splendid one to behold

22nd May 2006, 08:10 PM

Pranaam Paras Ji,
Main aapka aabhaari hoon jo aap ke dwaara 'Maan-niya 'Kaka' Kalam ji ka sandesh parhney ko mila.
Raastrapati ji ka vyaktitva hee aisa hai ki unke vishay mein main thoda sa bhi likhney ki kshamta nahin rakhta. Woh sach mein aise shaqs hain jo bahaut se mahanubhaavo ki prerna hai aur bacchon se unka prem tow jagjahir hai, bacchey unhe apna sa samajhtey hain aur 'Kaka' jaise khubsoorat naam se sambhodit kartey hain. Main khud chota sa baccha bankar unhe 'Kaka' kehna pasand karta hoon.

Paras ji, Unke kahe shabdon ko aapka hamare saath baantna hamesha yaad rahega......khush rahiyega

jai Hind
v i p i n

विपिन

Old
  (#9)
shrdh
shrdh will become famous soon enoughshrdh will become famous soon enough

30th May 2006, 02:41 PM

paras ji
hamare president abdul kalam ji k bare mai to sabhi jante hai
unka vayaktitva kisi se chhipa nahi hai.desh ki bhalayi k liye uthaye gaye unke anek kadam aaj desh ka bhala kar hi rahe hai
aur aage bhi karte rahenge .par kya har hindustani milkar ye nahi kar sakta ki desh mai koi problem hi na ho koi hathtal nahi koi lout paat nahi

haan i am porud to be an indian and though i am out side but always willing to go back coz wo apna desh hai

jab bhi kisi bharatiy ko bharat ko gali dete suna hai dukh hi hua hai

yaha aapne jo share kiya hai uske liye sukriya

Send a message via Yahoo to shrdh  
Old
  (#10)
Qasid
Super Mod
Qasid has a brilliant futureQasid has a brilliant futureQasid has a brilliant futureQasid has a brilliant futureQasid has a brilliant futureQasid has a brilliant futureQasid has a brilliant futureQasid has a brilliant futureQasid has a brilliant futureQasid has a brilliant futureQasid has a brilliant future

25th June 2006, 08:45 PM

Ek sach jisska ehsaas hum sab ke seene mein hona zaroori hai shukriya is ehsaas ko is roop mein aapne humhare swaroop rakha bas umeed hai ki agar hum mein se yeh sab in mudoon par charcha aur vichaar kare to chote chote ank bankar bhi hum sab ek ujgar hindustaan ki neev rakh sakte hai

Paras as always ur an inspiring creature

Hope all is well on ur side

-aapka apnaa

Qasid

नाम-ए-वफ़ा की जफ़ा बताएं
क्या है ज़हन में क्या बोल जाएँ

रफ़्तार-ए-दिल अब थम सी गयी है
'क़ासिद' पर अब है टिकी निगाहें
  Send a message via Yahoo to Qasid Send a message via AIM to Qasid  
Old
  (#11)
amithandausa
amithandausa is on a distinguished road

4th March 2007, 01:31 AM

good work
Dr. kalam sir jaise do teen aur ho jaye to india ko sudharne mein time nahi lagega

Old
  (#12)
aarya
trail of thoughts
aarya is just really niceaarya is just really niceaarya is just really niceaarya is just really niceaarya is just really nice

4th March 2007, 01:46 AM

Parastaar ji
thanks for sharing this.

chalo ab se shuru karte hain...kam se kam raste par kachra na phekne ka to zimma le sakte hain.

regards
aarya

khwaabo.n ke par kabhii kaTne na denaa
inke sahaaron me raahai.n rahe.ngii

lage.nge ye lejaa rahe alag raste
un raston pe bhii kai seekhai.n to ho.ngii

ye seekhai.n hameshaa sameTe rakhnaa
inhii.n se to sabko manzil milai.ngii

regards aarya