Shayri.com  

Go Back   Shayri.com > Stories/Quotes/Anecdotes > Inspiring Stories

One Day At A Time!!
Old
  (#1)
farhana
farhana has much to be proud offarhana has much to be proud offarhana has much to be proud offarhana has much to be proud offarhana has much to be proud offarhana has much to be proud offarhana has much to be proud offarhana has much to be proud of

Lightbulb One Day At A Time!! - 23rd October 2005, 06:55 AM

On the night of Saturday, June 26th there was a horrible car accident. Two people on their way home from dinner at the River Side View died in a head on collision.
Jason was diagnosed with cancer when he was 22 years old, the doctors told him he had only a matter of weeks left to live. Jason was the type of person that when he wanted something he did not let anything or anybody get in his way. He was determined to overcome his cancer, no matter what the doctors said. Jason had to go for chemo on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. Jason thought to himself this is probably going to be the hardest thing I will ever do in my whole life, and I need a way to keep myself happy and strong while doing it so I will not get depressed. Yesterday was Jason's first chemo session. He came to the hospital dressed up like a clown and acted all goofy. He made everyone happy and even if it was for the shortest moment he made them forget about all the things they were going through. Every day Jason was scheduled to go to chemo he played a different role. He was a mime, pirate, soldier, Santa Clause, the tooth fairy, etc. He became so popular that complete strangers that had heard of Jason made their appointments at the same time so that they could get some of his entertainment.
One day Jason was dressed up as a nun, the people in the hospital thought this was the funniest costume Jason had ever been in. As Jason was telling jokes and making people laugh he noticed a woman walk into the hospital. The first thing Jason thought was that she was beautiful. He could not keep his eyes off her, but it upset him that she looked so sad and depressed. He went over to her and asked what her name was, she replied Lucy. Jason cheered her up with his nun jokes, and instantly fell in love with her smile. Days went by and Jason got to know Lucy extremely well; they talked and laughed together all the time while at the hospital. One day Lucy asked Jason if he was ever scared. Jason replied, " Of course I think everyone gets scared, it's just a matter of how you deal with it. Listen Lucy, I live my life one day at a time, I never know what tomorrow might bring and don't count on it ever being there. I live everyday as if it was my last and make sure I enjoy and live every day to it's fullest."
Lucy did not reply, instead she thought about what Jason had said then she carefully said, " Jason we have been receiving chemo on the same days together for almost three months now, but I feel like I have known you my whole life. I think about you all the time, the way your eyes light up when you make other people laugh, the way your vibrant smile lights up your whole face." There was a long pause where no one said anything.
Then Jason broke the silence and said, " Since I never depend on tomorrows, I guess I should tell you this Lucy. I love you and I can not think of my life with out you, whenever we are not together I am always thinking about you."
"I love you too Jason!" They gave each other a hug and then Jason was called into the room. The nurse came in and said she had good news, she told Jason that his cancer was gone and there was no need for him to get chemo anymore. He walked out of the room but said nothing to Lucy about his good news. Instead he told her that the nurse said that there might be a delay because the doctor was stuck in traffic. As they sat there and Jason waited for the nurses to call in Lucy they talked and laughed but said nothing to each other about what they had discussed before. Finally, the nurse called Lucy in. Jason knew that Lucy's cancer was more serious than his was, but she was well on her way to a full recovery.
A month went by and Jason still went to the hospitals on his daily scheduled days to support Lucy and entertain the people. The doctors told Lucy that they thought all her cancer was gone, but they needed to do one more test just to be sure. She was thrilled she ran out to Jason and told him what the doctors had said. Then she said all we have to do is work on getting you better now. Jason told her that he had been cancer free for over a month now, but did not want to celebrate till be knew that Lucy was cancer free. The next day they met for the first time outside of the hospital and went on their first official date. They went out to dinner at River Side View. At dinner Lucy said, " Lets make a toast" Jason agreed. " To Saturday June 26th the first day of the rest of our lives together, and to being cancer free!"

"Roz Kii Taraah Aaj Bhii Taare
Subha Kii Gard MeiN Naa Kho JaayeiN
Aa ! Tere Gham MeiN Jaagtii AankheiN
Kam Se Kam Aik Raat So JaayeiN."

**~*FaRhAnA*~**
  Send a message via Yahoo to farhana