Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 4.17 average. Display Modes
Old
  (#41)
Mukhra
Ishhh....
Mukhra will become famous soon enoughMukhra will become famous soon enough

30th May 2005, 11:08 PM

Chapter 19

Rohit went back to his room and went inside. The room looked strangely empty, what was missing? Sameer was. He wasn't in the room. Rohit knocked on the bathroom door, but when no reply came, he opened it and found no one inside. Where did Sameer go now? Rohit thought. After a few minutes of searching, Rohit gave up and walked to Diya’s room.

When he came to her door, he knocked. After several minutes of constant knocking, Diya finally opened the door. Rohit irritatingly pushed her aside and stomped into the room. Diya silently closed the door behind her and sat on her bed. She could clearly see something was wrong.

“What’s the matter?” she asked.

“Why didn’t you open the door earlier?” Rohit demanded. He crossed his arms around his chest and sat down on the bed too.

“I was in the bathroom. Calm down Rohit. You get so dramatic sometimes,” Diya explained. She was used to Rohit getting worked up about small things, and knew better to just let him go on until he calmed down.

“Sorry,” Rohit said, looking down at the carpet.
“Apology always accepted. Now, what’s wrong?” Diya said, bringing the conversation back on track.

“Sameer isn’t in the room. I don’t know where he is. Then, when I knocked on your door you..”

“I what?” Diya interrupted. Rohit looked up, surprised. Diya wasn’t the one who usually interrupted someone. She would let him/her talk and then help him/her.

“When you didn’t open the door, I got scared. I didn’t want you to leave me too,” Rohit said sheepishly. Diya sucked in her breath. What he had just said brought back many feelings, feelings that she had ignored and kept hidden from everyone else except Sabika.

“Oh. Okay. Now, let’s see where Sameer went. Did you call his cell?” Diya asked, taking hers out in the process.

“Uh…no. Come on, Diya. I was too scared that he had gone off and hurt himself to think logically. He shouldn’t be out right now,” Rohit said.

“You’re right. He hasn’t completely recovered yet,” Diya said. She dialed Sameer’s number, and waited for him to pick up. Instead of the phone ringing, the voicemail message came on for her to record her message.

“He turned his cell off. So, I can’t get through now,” Diya said. Her mind ran through all the possibilities of what Sameer could be doing right now. Some of them didn’t seem to be too good.

“What do we do now?” Rohit asked.

“Let’s go check to see if his car is still in the parking lot or not,” Diya said urgently. Rohit nodded and followed her to Sameer’s parking space. It was empty.

“Well, what do we do now?” Rohit asked again.

“I guess we go back to our rooms and hope that Sameer comes back safely,” Diya said, giving up.

“I’m going wherever you’re going. I’m not staying alone now,” Rohit said. He followed Diya back to her room.

*~*~*

Sameer drove to the cemetery where Sabika was buried. When he got there, he slowly made his way around the graves until he got to Sabika’s grave. He knelt down beside it and placed a bouquet of flowers next to the gravestone.

“Hi,” he said softly to the grave.

“I know. I’m sorry I didn’t come earlier, but you know I wouldn’t have been able to bear it to see them put you in the ground. I’ve got something to tell you,” Sameer said. He could picture Sabika sitting across from him, waiting for him to say what he had to.

“When you died, I felt like dying too. What was the point of living if I couldn’t see you, talk to you, or be with you? I know I must have acted selfish, yelling all over the place at the hospital, but I could help it. I thought of so many ways to commit suicide, but it didn’t work. Rohit and Diya wouldn’t leave me alone any moment. Then, Rohit showed me your picture when you were little, and I thought, maybe there is something to live for. For you, I will do something in the future, that will help everyone, even though it didn’t help you,” Sameer whispered.

“Before everything went down the drain, I had planned a beautiful future for us. I had planned we would get married and live a happy life. I would come home everyday from working, and you’d be there to greet me. You’d come home from work maybe around ten minutes earlier than I would. Then, we would be together. This was what I had planned, but now, I’m afraid, that will never happen. There is still one thing though. I love you now and I always will. You will always be with me, in my heart,” Sameer finished.

Taking all his feelings out had helped him. It made him feel lighter than before. It made him feel…calm. He knew he could come back anytime he wanted to. He could talk to Sabika now. With the promise of coming back the next day, Sameer went back to the university campus.

*~*~*~*~*

After about two hours, Sameer went back to his room. He found it empty, and figured that Rohit was in Diya’s room, so he went there. When he went into Diya’s room, Diya and Rohit bombarded him with questions.

“Where have you been?” Diya demanded.

“You know how worried we were when you left without telling us?” Rohit yelled. More questions. Sameer watched the whole time, with a smile on his face.

“Stop acting like a married couple or my parents,” Sameer said, smiling at the thought. The questions stopped. Diya and Rohit looked at each other sheepishly. Finally, Diya broke the silence.

“Where were you then?” she asked, with an embarrassed look on her face.

“I went to Sabika’s grave. I can tell you this. I feel a thousand times happier now,” Sameer said. Diya nodded.

“Well, you still should have told us where you were going,” Rohit said. This started another series of questions and arguments.

“You two are at it again,” Sameer said, whistling and walking out the door. Rohit looked at Diya, as if seeing her in a different light.

“What?” Diya said. She felt uncomfortable that Rohit had been staring at her for quite a while.

“Nothing. I’ll see you later,” Rohit said. He shook his head and walked out the door too. Diya watched him go, and wondered what had just gone on between them. She gave up, and thought it was too confusing. Then, she remembered she had to do a project using calligraphy. She desperately searched for the calligraphy pen until finally remembering that it was in Sabika’s dresser drawer.

Ok. Calm down. It's only her dresser drawer, Diya told herself. She cautiously approached the drawer and three pieces of paper fell to the floor as she opened the drawer. Diya picked them up and read the top one, her eyes opening wide as she did.

To Be Continued...

*(`'·.¸(`'·.¸*¤*¸.·'´) ¸.·'´)*
»~:¤.·º`·.»WARDA«.·´º·.¤:~«
*(¸.·'´(¸.·'´*¤*`'·.¸)`'·.¸)*

I'm a wanderer...on the roads of life,
marveling at the different plants and flowers
on the way....some hurt, yet some love...

~*~Ek Nanny Si Jaan...Chotta Sa Bacha...Thas Me!~*~

Old
  (#42)
Mukhra
Ishhh....

30th May 2005, 11:31 PM

hi everyone!

as this story gets closer and closer to the end...there are some questions that arise in my mind...jab yeh story khatam hogi...toh main aap sab se kuch sawaal karoungi...mushkil sawaal toh nahin...laikin asaan bhi nahin hai...jo bhi main puchoun gi, uska zaroor soch ke reply karna...kyunki i think i see why i wrote this story, and your answers will help you see it too...

thanx
take care
love you all
warda

Old
  (#43)
Rohin
Rohin is a splendid one to beholdRohin is a splendid one to beholdRohin is a splendid one to beholdRohin is a splendid one to beholdRohin is a splendid one to beholdRohin is a splendid one to beholdRohin is a splendid one to behold

31st May 2005, 12:04 AM

waiting for the final chapters and the question ...

A promise I will answer all questions

http://www.thoughtsunbound.com a place for my thoughts

Old
  (#44)
munnia
munnia is on a distinguished road

1st June 2005, 12:52 AM

Hi warda

I am really hooked to your story and keep checking to see if you have written anything more. its amazing tho its kinda sad about her dying so soon in the story. hope you write more soon.

take care

Munnia

we come to love not by finding a perfect person but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly.

Old
  (#45)
karthik
karthik has a spectacular aura aboutkarthik has a spectacular aura about

2nd June 2005, 04:56 PM

hello warda ji,
waitin for da next few chapters....very well written.....n i'll answer ur questions for sure
take care
bye
karthik

Old
  (#46)
niral
niral is on a distinguished road

3rd June 2005, 03:07 PM

Hello Warda ji

I must say it's an excellent story,
it glues u to ur seat.
maine jab first chapter padha, toh it was very difficult to postpone reading the other stories.
i read them all at a stretch.
its beautifully written.
it really makes u feel as though u r present with the characters.
u smile when they r happy, it also brought tears to my eyes.
every emotion of their's seems so real, so true..
am waiting desperately 4 da next chapters.
and i'll try to answer all questions too.
hope u'll post them soon

Best Wishes
Niral.

Old
  (#47)
friendnidhi
friendnidhi is a splendid one to beholdfriendnidhi is a splendid one to beholdfriendnidhi is a splendid one to beholdfriendnidhi is a splendid one to beholdfriendnidhi is a splendid one to beholdfriendnidhi is a splendid one to beholdfriendnidhi is a splendid one to behold

4th June 2005, 07:41 AM

Hi Warda Ji,
I am eagerly waiting for yur next chapters as well as the questions........

Take Care

Regards Nidhi

Na Chaho kisi ko itna ~ ~ ki chahat tumhari majboori ban jaye ~ ~ chaho kisi ko itna ki ~ ~ tumhara pyar us ke liye zaroori ban jaye...............

Friend Nidhi - A Silent Tear

"Shedding a Tear When You are Lonely - So Peaceful yet so Painful...."
  Send a message via Yahoo to friendnidhi  
Old
  (#48)
Mukhra
Ishhh....

5th June 2005, 02:42 AM

Chapter 20

Dear Diya,
How are you? Yeah, I know, stupid question to ask you. When you get this letter, I will have risen from this beautiful world. I want you to know you were one of my best friends. We had so much fun together, and I want you to continue that, even though I’m not there anymore. My friend, I have a last request for you. Please take care of Rohit and Sameer. They are not as strong as you are, Sameer especially. Make sure that Rohit goes to his classes and continues on with life. Don’t let him ever loose his flirting style. Another thing, tell him how you feel. If you don’t, you might as well regret it. Remember not to dwell over me too much, and become an actress like you wanted to. Don’t give up on anything. Yes, I know, I must sound pretty bossy to you, but my head hurts too much to think and write more. I’m going to end with this.
Love you,
Sabika

Diya finished reading the paper. It had been a letter from Sabika, a letter Sabika had kept hidden in her drawer, hoping it would be found someday. Diya was lucky she had found it before Sabika’s things were shipped away. She looked at the other two papers, and they were addressed to Rohit and Sameer. So she wrote a letter to each of us, she thought.

“Don’t worry. Sabika, I will tell Rohit, but not yet. I will become an actress because you want me to,” Diya said out loud, her voice trembling.

“Who are you talking to?” Rohit asked. Diya turned around. Rohit was leaning casually against the door, his arms crossed around his chest.

“Oh no one,” Diya said quickly.

“Ok. Then what is it that you will tell me, but not yet?” Rohit asked suspiciously. Diya desperately searched for an excuse.

“I-I…nothing. I found these letters in Sabika’s drawer. One of them is for you. Here, take it,” Diya said. She gave the letter to Rohit as he came and sat down on Diya’s bed. He put it in his pocket.

“Aren’t you going to read it?” Diya asked.

“Not yet. If it’s from Sabika, then I want to read it later,” Rohit said. He desperately wanted to read what Sabika had written, but wanted to wait until he was alone.

“Suit yourself,” Diya said, disappointed. She had wanted to know what Rohit’s letter had said, but knew it was better to leave Rohit alone on the matter.

“So, why’d you come here?” Diya asked, changing the subject.

“I was getting bored, so I thought to come back here,” Rohit said. He went to Diya’s mini fridge, and rummaged until he found what he was looking for, pizza. Rohit heated it up and started eating it when he saw Diya looking at him.

“Oh. I’m sorry. I’ll share. You can have the crust,” Rohit offered. Diya shook her head and smiled.

“No. It’s ok. I don’t want any pizza,” Diya said. She walked behind Rohit, pretending to look for something else to eat. Instead, she launched herself at Rohit and took the pizza out of his hands. Rohit stared back, surprised.

“Did you just take my pizza?” Rohit asked, dumbfounded. Diya didn’t do that kind of stuff a lot.

“What do you think? Mmmm. This pizza tastes so good,” Diya said, her voice dripping with emphasis. She started eating quickly before Rohit could take it away from her. Rohit got up, and took a hold of Diya’s hair.

“Give the pizza back,” he said, using his best villainous voice. Diya started laughing, and then coughing. She was choking on the pizza. Rohit quickly took the pizza away from her, and got her a glass of water.

“Sorry! I really didn’t mean to do that,” Rohit said. Diya drank quietly while Rohit rubbed her back to help the coughing. All the while, he stared at Diya.

“Awww…so sweet,” Sameer interrupted the scene.

“What’s so sweet?” Diya asked, pushing Rohit away and getting up to wash her hands.

“You two look like a cute couple,” Sameer joked. Rohit took his shoe off and threw it at Sameer. Sameer ducked out of the way.

“Ok. Maybe you look like nice friends,” Sameer said. Rohit smiled. Diya busied herself in washing her hands at the sink.

“Why’d you come here?” Rohit asked. Sameer raised an eyebrow.

“What? I’m not allowed to come to my friend’s room now?” he asked.

“I was just asking,” Rohit said slowly.

“Hey, Sameer?” Diya said.

“Yeah?”

“Here’s a letter from Sabika. I found letters for each of us from her. This is yours.”

“Oh.” Sameer said. He took the letter, and read the first three words. I love you. He stopped right there, and tucked the letter in his pocket.

“So you aren’t going to read your letter yet either, are you,” Diya commented.

“I’m never going to read it,” Sameer remarked. Diya and Rohit exchanged a look.

“Why not?” Rohit asked.

“I don’t want to,” Sameer confirmed, closing the subject.

“Well, you two can talk, but I will be right back,” Rohit said, going out the door. Diya looked at his retreating back for a long time until it disappeared.

“You should tell him,” Sameer said, looking at Diya.

“Tell him what?” Diya asked.

“Come on, Diya. It’s obvious you like him. You’re always with him,” Sameer said.

“I can’t. Not yet, at least,” Diya said. She didn’t want to talk about this anymore. Sameer got the hint, and changed the subject.

Rohit slowly walked to the park where he had last talked to Sabika after she had died. He kept his hand in his pocket, keeping the letter secure. When he got there, he sat down, his back against a tree. He took the letter out and slowly unfolded it.

My dearest Rohit,

To Be Continued...

Old
  (#49)
niral

6th June 2005, 10:16 AM

Dear Warda Ji,

can u plz paste the entire story at one go..
its too exicting to wait 4 the next chapter.
moreover the link will also continue if u paste them together.
i personally feel that the story is amazing and has an excellent flow.
but pasting chapters on different days breaks the link.
i thought about the story several times during the day.
it has made a certain impact on my mind.
its really worth praising.
hope to read the entire story as soon as possible.

Niral

Old
  (#50)
Mukhra
Ishhh....

7th June 2005, 02:35 AM

hi niral,

thanx for liking my story...but there is one thing...i cant post the story in one go...bc i dont have it all written yet, and if i make you guys wait more than needed...then tht would make you lose the train of thought even more..toh isliye....i post them one or twice a week...but i will try to get them posted quicker...but kya karoun yaar...i have to study for my final exams too while i write this story...toh jab bhi time milega i will certainly post more than one chapter at a time...but keep reading!!

i hope you understand

thanx
take care
bye
warda

Old
  (#51)
Mukhra
Ishhh....

7th June 2005, 03:57 AM

Chapter 21

My dearest Rohit,
Kya haal hai? I hope you are fine. If you’re not, then your “jaan” will not be happy. I know that you might feel a little sad and think that I left you, and that I’m cruel, but you also know I had no choice. If I could, I would stay with you and all my friends forever. Just remember this, don’t forget about the happiness in life. Even though I am gone, and I can say this, don’t forget about flirting with everyone else. You are a flirt, and I mean that in a nice way, so stay one because that is what charms everyone around you. Before I stop writing, I want to say this. I love you because you have been the best friend I have ever had. I could talk to you about anything and you’d be able to help me out. Keep that quality of yours and remember: Stay Happy. Don’t you dare go moping around and rummaging through my closet for my things! Well, you can, but don’t make a mess. Another thing, you still have to fulfill a task. There is one girl who is waiting for you to say those three words to her. I’m not going to tell you who, but what I will tell you is that she is very close to you. Ask your heart, and I’m sure you will find her. My head hurts so much. I can’t write anymore.
Love, your best friend
Sabika

Rohit stopped reading. He had tears in his eyes from looking at Sabika’s handwriting. It was one combined with a little print and a little cursive, giving it a nice, classy look. He had loved the way Sabika would write, and would always sit and stare at her write, trying to figure out just how her writing was neatest one he had seen.

Don't forget about flirting with everyone else. Rohit smiled bitterly at that comment. Sabika, you know you were the only one I really flirted with. Everyone else was just…I don't know. You were the only one who saw me in my flirting mode more than anyone else did.

Rohit rose slowly and pocketed the letter, where it was safe from harm. He walked back to the university, thinking who it was that he had to say three words to. And, what three words? There were so many possibilities of words. Who was the girl he had to say the three words to? Rohit sighed in frustration and stopped thinking on the matter.

Rohit went into Diya’s room and saw her sitting on her bed, eating a plate of Chinese food and reading a piece of paper. He watched her for a while. There was something, something he couldn’t quite understand, that had changed the way he looked at Diya. He noticed her more than he had before. It was as if an unseen veil had lifted, and he could now see Diya.

“Are you going to just eat alone?” Rohit asked so that Diya knew he was back. Diya looked up and smiled slyly.

“Oh! I’m sorry. I offered you some like ten seconds ago, but you were too busy staring at me to notice,” Diya said sarcastically. Rohit could feel his cheeks getting red, but there was nothing to do about it now.

“Sorry. Now give me the food,” Rohit said, jumping on the bed, and taking Diya’s fork out of her hand. He quickly ate a huge portion of the rice.

“Hungry, aren’t we? Well, it would be nice to share,” Diya said matter-of-factly. Rohit pretended he didn’t notice, and kept on eating. He deliberately made it look like the food was very tasty so that Diya would crave for it even more. Diya repeated what she had said, but this time, a little louder. When Rohit still didn’t respond, she took the plate away from him.

“What?” Rohit asked innocently.

“Go buy your own food if you don’t want to share,” Diya said. She ate the rest of what was left on the plate and put the plate in the trash.

“I read Sabika’s letter,” Rohit said seriously. Diya washed her hands, and sat down next to Rohit.

“Ok. What did it say?” she asked softly. Rohit took out the letter and showed it to Diya. Diya read it, and after a moment of thinking, spoke again.

“How do you feel?”

“Weird.”

“What do you mean weird? Diya asked.

“I don’t know. It’s like…I’m happy that she wrote to me, but then I’m also sad because I can’t see her anymore, and after the letter, I wanted to talk to her, and ask her some things,” Rohit explained.

“Well, what are you going to do about this?” Diya asked.

“Visit her grave.”

“That seems like a good idea. What about the three words and the girl who is waiting for them?”

“Diya, I really don’t know. I don’t know what Sabika was talking about. I mean, there are so many words!” Rohit exclaimed.

“Do you know who the girl is?” Diya asked. Please, please say my name, Diya thought.

“I don’t know, but I will find her, and when I do, I’m gonna ask her what it is I have to tell her. Then, I’m going to yell at her for making me work this hard to find her,” Rohit joked.

“I don’t think you have to look for her much. She is very close,” Diya said softly.

“Yeah but…wait. What did you say? You know who the girl is?” Rohit asked, suddenly aware of what she had said.

“Yes.”

“Then tell me,” Rohit pleaded.

“I can’t. Like Sabika said, ask yourself who it is,” Diya said. Rohit thought for a long time about this, and then, when he didn’t get any answers, he went to his room, disappointed. When he got there, he threw himself on his bed, fell into a deep sleep. The next morning, he woke up to see Sameer putting on his shoes.

“Where are you going? Term ended so we have holidays, remember?” a sleepy Rohit drawled.

“I’m going to see Sabika,” Sameer said. Rohit didn’t hear him, because he had just fallen back to sleep.

Sameer went to his car, and again drove to the cemetery. He repeated his steps to Sabika’s grave, and continued his usual ritual of placing flowers on the grave. He took out the letter, but instead of reading it, he put it down, next to him.

“Hi, dear.”

To Be Continued…

Old
  (#52)
Rohin
Rohin is a splendid one to beholdRohin is a splendid one to beholdRohin is a splendid one to beholdRohin is a splendid one to beholdRohin is a splendid one to beholdRohin is a splendid one to beholdRohin is a splendid one to behold

7th June 2005, 12:33 PM

Fantastic... keep it up sister.....

Old
  (#53)
niral

7th June 2005, 07:24 PM

Wardaji,

i understand.
all the Best for ur exams..
actually the eagerness to read the next chapter shows how interesting it is.
But i promise that i shall be more patient .

Best wishes

Niral

Old
  (#54)
karthik
karthik has a spectacular aura aboutkarthik has a spectacular aura about

7th June 2005, 10:29 PM

hi warda
beautiful.....really....excellent flow....n the story seems to b very interestin
keep postin
n all da best for ur exams
take care

Karthik
Chaandni mere pyaar ki kyun uspar na rang laayi
Kyun bas kami hi meri ibaadat me usko nazar aayi
Thaa laakh bura sahi main. sacchi meri chaahat thi
Kyun meri bhaavnaon ko woh samajh nahi paayi...

Dekhna chahta hun..
Tere tasveer ko khwab banake dekhna chahta hun
Aur us khwab mein apne aap ko khona chahta hun

I envy the words, which took the form of my emotions
I love my poetry…
Which has turned the tears of pain in to the pearls of love…

Old
  (#55)
garima
Paagal Pathik
garima is a glorious beacon of lightgarima is a glorious beacon of lightgarima is a glorious beacon of lightgarima is a glorious beacon of lightgarima is a glorious beacon of lightgarima is a glorious beacon of light

8th June 2005, 11:32 AM

Hi sister..

excellent work.. keep it up ..

Anant se bhi aage... itni si khwahish hai :)
  Send a message via Yahoo to garima Send a message via Skype™ to garima 
Old
  (#56)
munnia
munnia is on a distinguished road

17th June 2005, 04:32 AM

Hey girl
you sure know how to keep the suspense goign dontcha? im getting drawn deeper and deeper into the story but till your exams are over its ok to slack on this story coz exams are real important. Best of luck for them and may you ace them all. do well and then come back and entertain us.

take care
Munnia

we come to love not by finding a perfect person but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly.

Old
  (#57)
friendnidhi
friendnidhi is a splendid one to beholdfriendnidhi is a splendid one to beholdfriendnidhi is a splendid one to beholdfriendnidhi is a splendid one to beholdfriendnidhi is a splendid one to beholdfriendnidhi is a splendid one to beholdfriendnidhi is a splendid one to behold

17th June 2005, 09:42 AM

Hi MukhraJi,
The story is going on really very nice....keep it up and best of luck for your exams....will be waiting for your exams to be over and the next chapters.

Take Care

Regards Nidhi

Na Chaho kisi ko itna ~ ~ ki chahat tumhari majboori ban jaye ~ ~ chaho kisi ko itna ki ~ ~ tumhara pyar us ke liye zaroori ban jaye...............

Old
  (#58)
Mukhra
Ishhh....

24th June 2005, 01:30 AM

Chapter 22

“Hi, dear. I got your letter, but you know that,” said Sameer. He looked at the grave for a while with a thoughtful expression on his face, and said nothing. He thought about all the times he and Sabika had been together, never talking, but always communicating in some way. He thought about how beautiful she had always looked, and when he would again meet her. He thought and thought about how much he loved her.

“Well, I don’t know if I want to read this letter or not. The first three words showed me you also love me, and well, I have always loved you. I might read the letter today, tomorrow, or some other day. I really don’t know. Or, I might just not read it at all. I just don’t know. What do you think Sabika?” asked
Sameer. The wind around him picked up a little as if to answer. Sameer went quiet and after a moment of thinking, he unfolded the letter and read it. He read it over and over again, memorizing the words. He felt the words deeply, and thought.

“Sabika…all I will say is…I love you. This is the best letter I have ever received. It is perfect. It is probably the best thing I have or ever will receive. I thank you for that,” Sameer leaned across the grave, and kissed the dirt. He fingered the roses, feeling their texture. The texture was so perfect, and the color was still blood-red. It was as if nothing could harm these flowers or keep them from staying fresh. Such was the beautifulness of the roses.

“You loved red roses, didn’t you? That’s why I will bring them for you every time I come. But, I’m also going to bring white ones…to show your innocence,” Sameer whispered.

“Guess what? It’s our anniversary today. It has been exactly a year since we met. Remember the walk we went on. That was truly a walk to remember. It was so romantic. The night was cold, but your warmth never let me feel cold. I liked you from the moment I saw you. And I found you to be a very interesting person. You are so innocent, so pure…”

Rohit woke up around noon, and looked around sleepily. Sameer was sitting on his bed, eating cereal. Rohit got out of bed, and went into the bathroom, where he brushed his teeth and took a quick shower. Drying his silky hair with a towel, he walked out of the bathroom and sat down next to Sameer.

“You just woke up too?” he asked. Sameer shook his head.

“I woke up around seven and then I went to her grave. I just came back half and hour ago,” said Sameer.

“You were there for that long?”

“Yea. Why are you asking?”

“Oh nothing. Just curious, that’s all,” Rohit said. He went to his closet, and looked inside. He saw a huge pile of disorganized items and clothes. Sighing, he searched through the pile and took out a pair of blue jeans and a red sweatshirt.

“Where are you going?” Sameer asked.

“Just somewhere. Well, actually, I was going to see Sabika,” Rohit said. He went into the bathroom and changed. While he was in there, he passed the hairbrush through his hair, and went back out. He put on his shoes, and got ready to go.

“What time are you coming back?” Sameer asked.

“Uhhh…in a few hours,” Rohit said. He said good-bye and drove to Sabika’s grave. When he got there, he sat down on the ground.

“Hey. I have to talk to you. I want to know what your letter meant,” Rohit slowly took out the letter. He read it again.

“Ok. I just want you to know…I love you. I have for a long time…but I never had to courage to tell you,” Rohit looked at the grave and noticed the roses scattered on it. He picked one up, studied it, and then put it on the gravestone.

To be continued…

Old
  (#59)
Mukhra
Ishhh....

24th June 2005, 01:36 AM

Hi everyone!

sorry..sorry baba sorry...for posting another chapter after a long time...i promise i wont do that ever again...kyunke muje pata hai...k agar maine itna zyaada time lagaya..tho muje kisise maar parni hai!

and niral..im sorry for not replying back abt when i was gonna post another chapter...because i didnt know either...

meray exams they...so i was studying for that, and then, after that, i was too lazy to write yesterday or tuesday, so i just wrote another chapter today...well...as u can see..i posted it...

agar u have any questions...then u can ask me...ill try my best t answer them

and if u wanna know when the next chapter is gonna be posted...or wanna be informed when it is posted...just tell me...and i will either pm or email u
keep reading

take care everyone
bye
warda

Old
  (#60)
niral

25th June 2005, 09:50 AM

Warda,

aapki exams kaisi thi?

results kab hai?

Story is as good as ever.

waiting 4 the next chapter

Niral

Old
  (#61)
friendnidhi

25th June 2005, 09:42 PM

Hi Warda,
Thanks for posting the new chapter........i hope u post the other chapters really fast.awaiting the story to continue

Do tell how were yr exams........

Take Care

Regards Nidhi

Old
  (#62)
ritzzz2000
ritzzz2000 is on a distinguished road

25th June 2005, 11:02 PM

hi warda,im ritz and i really like ur story,its supercool,thanks for sharing with us,bye

Old
  (#63)
Mukhra
Ishhh....

10th July 2005, 01:50 AM

[B]Chapter 23[B/]

"When you said you loved Sameer, it broke my heart. But I tried not to show it. You noticed something was wrong, but when you asked, I put on a fake smile and told you it was just college work. I don’t know if you believed me or not, but I know I didn’t believe myself. I kept lying to myself and saying that, no, I don’t love you…but I did and I still do,” Rohit took all his feelings out, and he had a strange feeling, as if Sabika was listening to him. He pictured her to be right in front of him, and he couldn’t see, but he could feel her beautiful smile. Her smile was one that had a strange light. It was brighter than the sun’s rays.

“And one more thing. I know I asked you this before, but can you tell me who that girl is? I know it’s not Diya. Am I right? I don’t know…just tell me…somehow. I swear to you that I will find her someday and ask her what her problem is, and why she didn’t just come up and say something. Oh yeah, and my birthday is tomorrow. Well, you already knew that. What are you going to get me? How about, you tell me who the girl is. If you don’t, then I will probably kill myself for thinking so much.” Rohit smiled. He talked until, finally, he got up and went back to campus in the evening.

Instead of going to his room, Rohit went to Diya’s. He barged in without knocking and saw Diya and Sameer hunched close together, talking in low voices.

“What’s going on?” Rohit asked. Sameer and Diya looked up, startled.

“Oh, nothin’,” Diya said. Sameer quickly put a red folder in a drawer, and locked it.

“Diya, do you think I’m stupid? I saw you guys doing something. The only problem is, I don’t know what it was,” Rohit scratched his head, as if thinking hard. Diya and Sameer exchanged a secret glance and smiled slyly.

“We were just trying to find ways to shut you up. Cause’, you’re very annoying” Sameer said. Rohit took one of his sneakers off and threw it at Sameer. Sameer merely moved out of the way, took his shoes off, and threw both of them at Rohit.

“Uh-oh. Mr. Sameer, what are you going to do now? I have both your shoes, so how are you going to go around the place? Barefoot? I’m sure you don’t want to do that,” Rohit mocked Sameer.

“And Mr. Rohit, I think you are forgetting the fact that I still have three pairs in my closet. So, do whatever you want to with that pair. I never really liked it very much anyways,” Sameer said, waving his hand around carelessly.

“Oh really? Well, I guess I will just have to throw this pair away then,” Rohit took the shoes and threw them into the trash can. Then, he took a glass of water, and threw that onto the shoes. Sameer just stared, his mouth open in shock. Diya looked from Rohit to Sameer. She started giggling.

“What is so funny?” Sameer asked. Diya kept giggling. Sameer ran to the trash can, and opened it. He took out his shoes, and put them on the heater.

“These had better dry,” he said. Rohit started laughing.

“Why are you so worried? I thought you didn’t like them. I just did you a favor,” he said. Sameer looked at him, and a grin started to creep around his face.

“Oh don’t worry. These were my favorite pair. You almost ruined them. Now, you get to find out and regret what I will do. Let’s see. What should I do? I think I’ll just go back to my room, and think of something,” Sameer said, grinning foolishly, and making his way to the door. Rohit stopped laughing, and wrestled with Sameer. Rohit was losing, and Diya couldn’t stop laughing, so he got red-faced.

“What…is…so…funny?” Rohit panted. Sameer had him in a headlock. Diya kept laughing. Rohit got out of Sameer’s headlock and grabbed Diya. He threw her onto the bed, and started tickling her.

“S-s-s-t-top,” Diya said, between laughs. Her eyes were wet with tears of laughter.

“Say I am the best person in the world, and Sameer is the craziest person you have ever met,” Rohit said, tickling Diya even more.

“Oye! Rohit, don’t drag me into this,” Sameer said.

“Too bad.”

“I am the best person in the world, and Sameer is the craziest person you have ever met,” Diya said breathlessly.

“No, idiot. Say that I am the best person in the world, and Sameer is the craziest person you have ever met,” Rohit was enjoying tickling Diya.

“Ok. Ok. Rohit, you are the best person in the world, and Sameer is the craziest person I have ever met. Now let go of me,” Diya said. Rohit stopped tickling her, and she pushed him off her.

“Rohit, you are in huge trouble now. Sameer and I are going to kill you,” Diya said. Her hair was in all directions, but she didn’t care.

“Yeah mate. We are going to make you regret what you just did to us,” Sameer said playfully.

“Haha. Very funny. The only way you guys can get back at me is…I’m not telling!! Hah! I’m getting out of here,” Rohit said. He madly ran out of the room, and dashed up the stairs before Sameer or Diya could catch him.

“Leave him. We’ll get him tomorrow at his party,” Diya said. She smiled.

“Ok. That works. Now, let’s get back to work. We have less than twenty-four hours to do this,” Sameer said.

Rohit was in his room. The room was dark, except for a small patch of moonlight coming from the window. He looked at the window, and thought he saw something peculiar. He walked closer to the window, and saw Sabika sitting on the window sill. She was wearing a silky flowing white gown. There was a soft light around her, and her hair, oh wow, it looked so soft. Rohit reached up to touch it, but Sabika moved his hand away.

“Jaan, is that really you?” he asked. Sabika smiled and came closer to him.

“Happy Birthday, Rohit,” she whispered in his ear.

Rohit fell out of his bed.

To Be Continued…

Last edited by Mukhra; 10th July 2005 at 01:54 AM..

Old
  (#64)
niral

11th July 2005, 08:14 PM

Warda,

Thanks a ton for FINALLY pasting the next chapter

its damn good..

really..

waiting 4 the next one..

Alwayz keep on writing

Best Wishes,

Niral

Old
  (#65)
*KOHINNOOR*
*KOHINNOOR* is on a distinguished road

14th July 2005, 01:21 AM

Asalam-O-Alaikum

How are you? I have read 11 Chapters of this beautiful story, it's really a great story.. and nice character, I like the way you explained it..

I decided to register in this forum only for reading ur story. COZ IT'S AN AWESOME STORY... like reading it..

keep on writing.

Take care
Keep smiling
Allah Hafiz

Regads: Ashjan

Old
  (#66)
Mukhra
Ishhh....

25th August 2005, 06:17 PM

hi everyone!

oh wow....i havent looked at this thread for a long time...but i got pms asking when i was gonna continue the stry...well....umm....i...cant...right now....since i am in pakistan...and not in usa...so i have the next chapter and stuff written down...but i dont have it with me...its on my computer whiich is at home.....so...umm....srry.....ill try to write the next chapter again if u want....but i think it is better if i stick with wht i had before...anyways...ur suggestions will help....just tell me if u want me to write quickly....or if u guyz wanna wait till i go bac...which will be halfwy through september...so just tell me....i know...tht the link cld be broken since i havent written and u havent read...but srry....just tell me if u want a chapter right now

thanx

take care
bye
warda

Old
  (#67)
Mukhra
Ishhh....

13th October 2005, 03:48 AM

Chapter 24
Rohit fell out of his bed. He slowly opened his eyes, and noticed his surroundings. He was in his dormitory, and it was early afternoon, not night. It was all a dream? He thought. He slowly got up from the floor and sat on his bed, thinking of the dream…and her. After a few minutes, he got up and took his time getting ready. Then, suddenly, he remembered it was his birthday. He dashed out of the bathroom and looked for Sameer. When he couldn’t find him, he rushed to Diya’s room. He opened the door, and found no one there.
“Hello? Where did u too go?” Rohit asked aloud. He walked into the room, and checked in the bathroom. No one. Oh great! It’s my birthday and no one is here to wish me. Great start of my day. Bam! Something hard hit Rohit on the back of his head.
“Who the hell was that?” an irritated Rohit turned around.
“Oh it’s you two. Why’d you hit me?”
“HAPPY TWENTIETH BIRTHDAY!” Sameer and Diya yelled. Sameer picked Rohit up, and threw him onto the bed. Diya and Sameer jumped onto the bed and started tickling Rohit. Rohit, being a very ticklish person, started laughing and pleading immediately.
“HELP…ahahaha,” Rohit laughed. He squirmed and tried to get away, but no, Sameer and Diya kept him down on the bed.
“Accept defeat yet?” Sameer asked.
“Never!”
“OK. Then we will keep torturing you until you do say mercy,” Diya said. She started to tickle Rohit’s feet, and Rohit yelled and started jumping up and down on the bed. He tried to kick Diya away, but Diya held on.
“Fine! You win!” Rohit exclaimed. Sameer and Diya let go of him. He sar up on the bed, panting and catching his breath.
“Haha. What was that?” Rohit asked.
“One of your many birthday presents,” Diya said. Rohit took a hold of her hair and pulled it gently.
“You two couldn’t think of something original? I already did the tickling thing to Diya last night. Come on…you guys are pathetic,” Rohit joked.
“Don’t worry about that. We have more in store for you,” Sameer said, smiling.
“Yea ok. Like I am going to believe you on that,” Rohit’s voice dripped with sarcasm.
“Just wait and see,” Diya said. Rohit rolled his eyes.
“What do you have in store for me?”
“Well, you turned twenty today, so we have a few surprises. One is this,” Diya kissed him lightly on the cheek. Rohit’s mouth opened slightly in surprise.
“What?” Diya asked fearfully.
“Nothing. This is the first time you have ever kissed me,” Rohit said slowly.
“And…should I not have done that?”
“No…I mean…yes. Ok…let me start over. I liked it when you kissed me,” Rohit said. He looked at Diya and studied her. Diya smiled at him shyly. Sameer cleared his throat.
“Ok. Lots of love, but I think it’s time we got going,” he said.
“Why? Where are we going?” Rohit asked.
“Just to the pizza place,” Diya said.
“Ok. So…what are we waiting for? I’m hungry,” Rohit said, rubbing his stomach.
“Well, you can tell that little tummy of yours that it’s going to have to wait a while. I need to get ready,” Diya said in a sweet voice.
“I will…as long as I get some cookies right now,” Rohit said, acting like a little kid. Diya took her purse and took out a small bag of cookies, which she gave to Rohit.
“Come on, Rohit. Let’s go,” Sameer said.
“But…isn’t Diya coming?” Rohit asked.
“Yea, but she is going to come in her own car. Let’s go,” Sameer said. Rohit obeyed and got up.
“I’ll take the wrong way so that we get there after you. Just get everything ready,” Sameer whispered in Diya’s ear. Diya nodded and watched Rohit and Sameer go out the door. She closed the door, and opened her closet. She took out her dress and started getting ready.
Rohit and Sameer got into Sameer’s car. Sameer started driving.
“Hey, Sameer. Where are we going?” Rohit asked. Sameer averted his eyes from the road and smiled at Rohit.
“Oh…nowhere special. We just wanted to take you out to dinner since it’s your birthday,” he said. Rohit nodded, but he still looked suspicious. He opened the dashboard, took out a CD and popped it on the CD player. Raagav started singing. Rohit rocked along with the music.
“Why do you even listen to him? Take that CD and put it in your car. I don’t listen to him anymore,” Sameer said. He decreased the volume, but Rohit put it back up to maximum. Sameer sighed and kept driving.
“Come on. It’s my birthday. Lemme listen to whatever I want to,” Rohit said. Sameer nodded, and kept driving. Rohit listened to the music for the next two hours. He started getting restless and bored.
“Aren’t we there yet?” he whined.
“We’ll be there in about fifteen minutes,” Sameer answered patiently. Actually, he was getting pretty tired of taking more exits than needed, so he took and exit that took him directly to the party hall. He stopped the car, and got out.
“Finally! We’re there. Wait a minute. I’ve been here before and it only took thirty minutes to get here. So why’d it take two hours today? What’s going on?” Rohit asked suspiciously.
“I took the long way. We have a surprise for you. Now, let’s go inside. I’m getting cold,” Sameer pushed Rohit inside. Rohit looked around. The party hall was decorated with balloons, and streamers. The effect was stunning because of the lighting. There was a DJ playing some music and people dancing. To the side, there was a huge table piled with presents. Alongside that was a four-layer cake.
“Wow! Is that all for me?” Rohit asked dumbstruck.
“Yes idiot. Who else would it be for?” Sameer said sarcastically. He quickly went over to the DJ and talked to him in a low voice. The DJ nodded and announced to everyone that Rohit was here. Most of the people rushed to him and gave him higs and kisses. Rohit accepted everything, but he kept looking around.
“Hey, Sameer. Where is Diya?” he said, looking for her.
“I’m right behind you!” Diya came up behind him. Rohit looked at her and smiled.
“You did all this, huh?” he asked her casually.
“Nope. We all did this.”
“Why?”
“Come on, Rohit. Don’t be stupid. It’s your twentieth birthday…so we thought to make it special,” Diya stated matter-of-factly. Rohit hugged her.
“Will you dance with me?” he asked her.
“First, we will cut the cake. Then…of course,” Diya took his hand and led him over to the cake. As she took a knife, everyone else crowded around her and Rohti. She handed the knife to Rohit.
“Now cut the cake,” she said.
“I’m gonna wait for Sameer too,” Rohit said. He called out Sameer’s name, and when Sameer came over, the trio took hold of the knife. Rohit looked up at the ceiling, smiled and cut the cake. The room burst with ovation.
“I don’t think they are applauding for my birthday. I think they are just happy because now they can eat the cake,” Rohti joked. Diya and Sameer shook their heads and rolled their eyes. Rohit took a piece of the cake, fed a little to Diya, then to Sameer, and then, put it down. He put a big piece of cake on a plate. He walked outside with the cake, sat down on the grass, and looked up at the sky.
“Hey jaan. Aren’t you going to have some cake?”

To Be Continued…Shortly

hi
Old
  (#68)
mayuri
mayuri is on a distinguished road

Post hi - 13th October 2005, 06:09 AM

hey u keep writing yaar u r rily great in that the flow is simply perfect
keep going

IT IS NOT ME WHO SPEAKS.......BUT LIFE WITHIN ME WHO HAS MUCH TO SAY!!!!!

Old
  (#69)
friendnidhi

13th October 2005, 04:58 PM

Hi Mukhra,
Pls continue the story.waiting for the next parts......

Regards Nidhi

Old
  (#70)
Mukhra
Ishhh....

15th October 2005, 02:56 AM

Chapter 25
“Hey, jaan. Aren’t you going to have some cake? You and I used to share the same piece…and I can’t leave that tradition of ours. Here’s a bite for you. Mmmm…its so good. Mmm…and here’s a bite for me…this bite was ok…but you must be really enjoying your cake,” Rohit slowly ate the cake, his eyes welling up with tears. He hurriedly wiped them away.
“By the way…where’s my present? Don’t I get anything? Well…you know what I want. I want you to come back. Will you do that for me? Please come back…you’ve gone too far…I want you to be here. I want to celebrate all my birthdays with you. It’s not the same without you,” Rohit set the empty plate down. He looked at the sky and prayed: Please God. Listen to me just this once. Let Sabika come back. Let me be happy again. Please…this is my only prayer to you...if you can’t make her come back, then take me to her. I don’t want to live here without her anymore. This is all I want for my birthday.
“Rohit? What are you doing out here alone?” Sameer came outside and asked him. Rohit looked up at him and put on a fake smile.
“Nothing. Just talking to God,” he said. Sameer looked at him.
“Were you talking to God or Sabika?” Sameer asked. Rohit didn’t say anything. Instead, he took his plate, got up, and went inside. Sameer looked up at the sky.
“Sabika…you have made him go nuts!” he said, shaking his head and smiling.
Once inside, Rohit looked for Diya. He spotted her, a beautiful woman wearing a sparkling white dress. He started walking towards her. He had eyes only on her and just when he was about to talk to her, he felt a hand on his back. He turned around to find a group of pretty girls- all the ones he had ever flirted with.
“Rohit darling…would you like to dance with us?” One of them asked.
“Ummm…I’m not really in the mood for dancing…sorry,” Rohit said quickly and walked away from them. When he got to Diya, he put his hand up on her eyes from behind. Diya felt his hands.
“Rohit,” she said and turned around. She smiled at him. Rohit grinned and took her hand.
“How do you always know it’s me?” he asked. Diya just shrugged.
“You know…white is my favorite color…and you just happen to be wearing it tonight. It looks beautiful on you,” Rohit flirted. Diya rolled her eyes.
“You do know that your flirting doesn’t work with me,” she said.
“I know, but I thought that maybe it would this time,” Rohit grinned sheepishly.
“Maybe it did….maybe it didn’t,” Diya said.
“Will you dance with me?” Rohit said, holding out his hand.
“Nope,” Diya said. Rohit looked surprised.
“What! Why?” he asked.
“I’m kidding. Let’s go dance,” Diya said, laughing. Rohit looked relieved. He led her to the dance floor, and they started dancing to an old remix song. They danced until they were both out of breath.
“Ok…I think that is enough dancing for today,” Diya said, her breath heavy. Rohit nodded. He took her hand, and brought it to his lips. He placed a kiss so light, that if Diya hadn’t been paying attention, she would have missed it. Then, he placed a kiss on her forehead. Diya closed her eyes and wished that the moment would never end. She placed her arms around Rohit and leaned against him. She stayed like that for a few minutes, until she remembered something. She let go of Rohit and moved away.
“What?” Rohit asked.
“Nothing. I’ll tell you later,” Diya said. She quickly hugged hum and walked outside.
When outside, she walked to her car and looked for her keys in her purse. She couldn’t find them. Frustrated, she kicked the tire. Sameer came up from behind her.
“What’s wrong?” he asked.
“I can’t find my keys,” Diya said.
“That’s because you left them with me,” Sameer took out the keys from his pocket and handed them to Diya. She took them.
“Wait. Where are you going?” Sameer asked.
“Back to campus,” Diya replied, unlocking the car.
“But why? You were so excited about this party and now you’re leaving so early,” Sameer reasoned. Diya sighed and told him everything.
“But I see nothing wrong in that,” Sameer said.
“I know there is nothing wrong with that, but that’s not the real problem,” Diya got into the car. Sameer went to the other side and got in too.
“Then tell me what is really wrong,” he said. Diya took a deep breath and told him. Sameer listened carefully. He thought about the situation.
“Well…if the distance between you two decreases more, then maybe you should talk to Rohit. He will like to know why you can’t have a relationship with him,” Sameer explained slowly.
“But…I don’t know...” Diya sighed.
“Personally, I think that you should forget all that and stay with him. Not everyone goes through the same process,” Sameer said. He reached over and hugged Diya. She accepted his hug. Sameer got out of the car and opened the driver’s door.
“Come out. Let’s go back inside. Let’s play a little game to cheer you up,” Sameer whispered in Diya’s ear. Diya smiled and nodded. They went back inside, hand in hand. When Rohit saw them, he ran up to them. He broke Sameer and Diya apart and took hold of Diya’s hand. Diya took her hand away.
“What were you two doing outside?” Rohit wanted to know.
“Oh…just talking,” Diya said, taking her hand from his.
“Well…let’s go dance then,” Rohit suggested to Diya. Diya shook her head.
“I want to dance with Sameer. Bye,” Diya said, taking Sameer’s hand. Once they were a few feet away, Diya started giggling. She turned around and saw Rohit staring back at them enviously.
“Good work. Now let’s continue this little game of ours,” Sameer said, trying to hide the devilish grin. He took Diya’s hand and pulled her onto the dance floor. They rocked the party the whole night. Every now and then, they would look over at Rohit and see him sulking. For the finale, Diya and Sameer hugged. Sameer could see that Rohit was boiling with fury from inside. As the party drew to a close and the guests started to go away, Diya and Sameer cleaned u

good work!!
Old
  (#71)
Priya_beautiful
Priya_beautiful is on a distinguished road

good work!! - 15th October 2005, 01:13 PM

Hi
Tht was a brilliant story
U seem to be a professional writer in the way u explain thing
and design the plot.

I read all the chapters in one day and they r great!

Story having everything, love ,friendship, emotions and laughter
It is jus perfectttttttt Good work
Keep it up and do e-mail the next chapters soon.

Love
Priya

Every story has a happy ending, and if the ending is not happy then it means the story has yet not ended
.................................................. .......

Stnad for wt u want coz where u are right noone can make u wrong

Old
  (#72)
friendnidhi

15th October 2005, 04:37 PM

Hi Pallavi,

yar jaldi jaldi next part bhi post karna ok

Regards Nidhi

Old
  (#73)
Mukhra
Ishhh....

20th October 2005, 12:54 AM

****Continuation of the former chapter****
***srry...i just noticed tht the whole chapter wasnt posted...so here is the rest of it***

“Good work. Now let’s continue this little game of ours,” Sameer said, trying to hide the devilish grin. He took Diya’s hand and pulled her onto the dance floor. They rocked the party the whole night. Every now and then, they would look over at Rohit and see him sulking. For the finale, Diya and Sameer hugged. Sameer could see that Rohit was boiling with fury from inside. As the party drew to a close and the guests started to go away, Diya and Sameer cleaned up quickly. Then, they went over to Rohit.
“Rohit, here are the keys to my car. I’m going with Diya in her car,” Sameer said as he handed the keys to Rohit. Diya was already at the door.
“Come on, Sameer. Let’s go,” Diya called. Sameer started to walk towards her, but halfway, he stopped and turned around.
“Hey, Rohit!” he called. Rohit looked at him.
“What now?” Rohit said, irritated.
“Try not to get jealous of me,” and with that, Sameer turned around to walk away.
“Wait! Come back here!” Rohit ran after him.
To Be Continued…

Old
  (#74)
Mukhra
Ishhh....

20th October 2005, 04:01 AM

Chapter 26

“Wait! Come back here!” Rohit ran after Sameer. Sameer tried to hide his grin before Rohit saw his face and turned around.
“You called?” he said, trying to keep a straight face.
“Yea. Where are you and Diya going?” Rohit asked.
“Oh nowhere…just back to campus of course,” Sameer said.
“Right. Well. Then, you and I can go back to campus in your car, and Diya can follow us in hers. There is no need for you and her to go together,” Rohit reasoned like a little boy.
“Why? She and I are really good friends, so I can go with her if I want to.”
“Right. You and she are just friends….so stay friends.”
“Oh wow Rohit! Why is it that I have a feeling that you are getting jealous?” Sameer asked with his eyebrows raised.
“I’m not jealous! I—we’ll talk about this in the car,” Rohit sighed and went outside with Sameer following. Once they got outside, Rohit got into Sameerr’s car on the driver’s side, and Sameer, on the passenger. Diya came running towards them.
“Wait a minute! I thought that Sameer was going with me,” she said. She looked at Sameer. Sameer gave her a knowing look, and Diya nodded slightly.
“Oh…umm…well…ok…I’ll just go alone,” she said, and jogged back to her car. Rohit started his car and drove out of the parking lot, and onto the highway.
“So you were saying something,” Sameer said. Rohit looked at him for a second and then turned his eyes back towards the road.
“Yes. I was saying that I was not getting jealous. It’s just that…I don’t know. I mean…I think I’m starting to like her a little. I mean…Sabika is still my first and true love, but I don’t know…Diya might have found a place in my heart,” Rohit said. He turned a little red and speeded up.
“Has Diya talked to you about this yet?” Sameer asking, but he already knew the answer. Rohit shook his head no.
“Well…then. I guess you are going to have to talk to her about this and then, well, ask her out, I guess,” Sameer said. Rohit thought of the advice and then nodded.
“I’ll talk to her about this when we get back to campus,” he said. Sameer nodded, and sat back in his seat.
Getting back to campus, Sameer went straight to his room, and locked the door. He knew Rohit wouldn’t be coming back for a while. He flopped down on his bed, and pulled a pillow towards him.
“Rohti and Diya are happy now, I guess. But, Sabika…what about me? When will I get to see you? When will I get to be with you again? I want to hold your hand once again, to put my hands on your delicate face. I want to scrape my fingers through your beautiful, silky hair. I want to hug you, kiss you once again. If I don’t get that chance soon enough, I am afraid that I will force that chance to come. I don’t think this heart will be able to stay without you anymore,” Sameer put his head on the pillow. He talked to Sabika about what was happening. When he quieted, he went to sleep, thinking about his love, and how innocent she was.
He was in a white paradise. Everywhere he looked, all he could see was white, the purest color. He felt like he was being watched, but by who? Turning around, he saw a patch of hair from behind a white bush. He went closer and closer to the bush, wondering who would it be. Was he dead and finally in heaven? Maybe he should forget about the hair and go find Sabika. But no, something made him go closer to the bush. He looked around the bush, and saw…………Sabika, looking at him and smiling sweetly.
“I thought it was you. Sabika, I have missed you so much. Thank God I can finally be with you now,” he said, putting his hand through Sabika’s hair. He leaned forward to kiss her, but she moved away, smiling mischievously.
“I know you have missed me. I know you want to be with me, but, my dear, that is not possible yet. Your task isn’t fulfilled yet. You still have to do the most important thing. Until then, we will have to stay apart,” she said. At the sound of staying apart, the man’s eyes filled with tears.
“But I can’t live without you. And you must be having a hard time living here too. Please, let me stay with you, or come with me. Please,” the man moved closer to Sabika.
“Listen. Look at me. Don’t you see how happy I am here? God is taking good care of me here. I feel all pure and innocent. The only thing missing is you, but, until we do meet again, I will have to wait. Just look at me though. I am in a good place. You don’t have to worry about me. I want you to go do what you have to, and then, maybe, when it is the time, we will meet again,” Sabika said. She put her hand on the man’s arm, and brought her face closer to his. The young man gazed into her eyes intensely, still pleading. However, her calm, understanding eyes made him see what she was talking about. He put his hand in Sabika’s hair once again, and hugged her intensely. Sabika returned the hug, but broke away quickly.
“I don’t have enough time,” she said. The young man pleaded for her to stay longer, but already, Sabika was fading away. The young man was about to turn around, to find God, and maybe convince him to let him stay, when he heard her voice again.
The young man turned around. Sabika had stopped fading. She walked, or more glided, towards him, and put her hand around his head gently pulling it closer.
“Just remember, I love you………Sameer,” and Sabika claimed Sameer’s lips for a soft, gentle kiss.

Rohit went to Diya’s room, and saw that it was unlocked. He went in without knocking, and sat down on Diya’s bed. A few minutes, Diya came out of the bathroom, with her hair wet. She looked at him, surprised, but pleased.
“Oh hey. What are you doing here?” she asked.
“I need to talk to you. It’s serious, so please, listen to me,” Rohti said. His face looked so serious at that moment, Diya burst out laughing.
“What?” Rohit said, looking confused.
“Nothing. It’s just that I have never seen you so serious before. I mean…we have never really talked about something serious before. Still, go ahead, I’m serious,” Diya said, but she was still smiling.
“I want you to be completely serious. Just…don’t say anything for about five minutes. Hear me out. When I am done, if your answer is yes, don’t talk for a while, but if your answer is know, talk immediately,” Rohit explained.
“Fine. But, I’m only staying quiet for five minutes and that’s it,” Diya said, suddenly serious.
“Ok. Umm…I feel that I am beginning to like you a lot, maybe even love you. I know you might be surprised, but, I have just….started liking you. I think about you a lot now, and I’m happy around you. Will you be my girlfriend?” Rohit asked. Diya stayed quiet for about ten seconds, and as the time went on, Rohit’s face started to seem a little hopeful.
“I…don’t know” Diya said slowly. Rohit’s heart sank.
“Come on, Diya. How can you not know? I just want to know what is in your heart. A simple yes will do too,” Rohti begged. Diya looked at him with a sad face.
“I mean, I have a reason for my answer. My parents…they started going out like we might, and as time progressed, they married. They were a happy couple for the first couple of months, but then, when I was born, they started to have a few misunderstandings between themselves. They started fighting and yelling at each other so much, that they sometimes wouldn’t talk to each other for months. They are still like this, barely communicating, and drinking and smoking all the time. It really hurts to see them like that because I have seen other parents and they are so much in love with each other. I just don’t want to live through that horror again. I mean, I want to say yes, but that is what is stopping me. Plus, I don’t want our friendship to be lost,” Diya explained.
“You do know that not all relationships end like your parents’ did. Everyone has a different story. Trust me, we have known each other for half our lives, and do you think I could be like that?” Rohit asked. Diya shook her head.
“Then, let this relationship start. We will see where it leads us to. Let this be another journey, one that we will start together. Please,” Rohit pleaded. He looked into Diya’s eyes. Diya stared for a few moments, and finally looked away.
“I…I’ll tell you tomorrow” Diya said. She needed some time to think about this.
“What? Why not now? Please…I won’t be able to sleep all night. Just tell me,” Rohit sputtered. Diya smiled a little and shook her head. She took Rohit’s hand and led him to the door. Rohit started trudging back to his room reluctantly.
Sameer woke up suddenly, the feeling of Sabika’s lips on his still fresh. He looked around the room and sighed as it dawned on him that it was just a dream he had just had. He was about to lie back down on his bed to think about the dream when he heard the door knock. He went to open the door, and saw that it was Rohit, with a confused expression on his face.
“What happened?” Sameer asked.
“She said that she will tell me tomorrow,” Rohit said dumbly.
“Well, congratulations. At least she is going to consider you,” Sameer said, smiling. Rohit nodded, until he interpreted what Sameer had just said. Then, he punched him lightly on the shoulder, and fell on his bed.
Sameer shut off his light, and in his own bed, thought about the dream for a long time, until, finally, he fell asleep.
The next morning, Rohit woke up by the sound of his cell phone ringing. Groaning, he checked who was calling, and when he saw it was Diya, he sat up abruptly, wide awake.
“Hello?” he answered.
“Rohit, do you want your answer?” Diya asked. Rohit nodded, until he realized that Diya couldn’t see him.
“Yes, of course I do,” he said quickly.
“Well…I thought about it…and I guess…my answer is….yes,” Diya said and then hung up. Rohit kept the phone to his ear for a long time, until finally it dawned on him what Diya was talking about.
“YAHOOOO!” he yelled, and jumped all over his place with happiness.
“What the hell is wrong with you? I’m trying to sleep here,” Sameer gasped as Rohit jumped and landed on top of him, his leg hitting Sameer’s stomach.
To Be Continued…

Old
  (#75)
Rohin

20th October 2005, 04:12 AM

Nanhi se jaane... ek chota sa bacha....

Very nice.... keep going... lets see where you take us....
Soch raha tha tumhe end mein reply karoon...
When you end the story...

I should congratulate you .......for the excellent story that you have written.... you know there have been so many people who have said how well you have written....

If elt so nice afterall they were talking abt my sister

Keep Going Sweetu

Love
Rohin

Old
  (#76)
Mukhra
Ishhh....

22nd October 2005, 05:43 AM

Chapter 27

“What the hell is wrong with you? I’m trying to sleep here,” Sameer gasped as Rohit jumped and landed on top of him, his leg hitting Sameer’s stomach.
“I’m so happyyyyyyyyyyyyy!” Rohit exclaimed. Sameer blinked at him sleepily, with an incredulous look on his face.
“And your happiness is going to kill me one day,” Sameer said dryly.
“Then, maybe I should be happy more often,” Rohit joked. Sameer kicked Rohit off his bed, and jumped on top of him, tackling him. They wrestled like two little boys until Sameer got a stitch in his stomach, and he stopped. Rohit sat up, his hair all over the place.
“Whew! I won,” he said. Sameer looked at him like he was the biggest idiot in the world.
“Yea. You win in the world of losers,” he said. Rohit glared at him. Sameer took no notice of the glare and walked into the bathroom. He started brushing his teeth.
“Why are you so happy?” he asked while rinsing his mouth. Rohit ran to the bathroom at the start of the conversation.
“Diya said yes!” Rohit yelled. Sameer washed his face with soap, and went to dry his face with a towel.
“Congratulations. Now, maybe, she will talk some sense into you. She is an intelligent young woman,” Sameer turned towards his closet, and started rummaging through his clothes. He picked the one that Sabika had liked the most; a white collared shirt with a little bit of designing around the buttons.
“She isn’t just intelligent. She is smart, a good person to talk to, and a good driver. She is really pretty, and has a good fashion sense. I love it when she wears her hair down, because it reminds me of Sabi. I love it when she laughs because she has a funny little laugh. I love her smile. It’s so beautiful. She dances so well! And her lips are the perfect shape, and her eyes—Sameer, I forgot to tell you something. There was a letter that came from the main office of this university. It came a couple days ago, and it was an appointment for you with the guidance counselor,” Rohit said suddenly. Sameer was relieved that he had stopped talking about Diya, but he desperately wanted to know what the letter was for.
“Give me the stupid letter then,” he said. Rohit went to his closet, and took out his bag. He rummaged through a messy pile of papers, until he held up a crumpled piece of paper.
“Well, here it is. It’s just that…it got a little ruined,” Rohit said, his cheeks turning red.
“A little ruined? It looks like you were hungry one day and tried to eat it,” Sameer drawled. He read the paper, his eyes growing wide.
“YOU IDIOT! I have to get to the main office in less than twenty minutes! You kept this from me all these days? And now you give it to me, with twenty minutes left!” Sameer yelled. Rohit’s mouth twitched.
“Umm…I’ll iron your clothes, and you can go take a shower right now,” Rohti said sheepishly. He quickly took Sameer’s clothes and turned on the iron. Sameer threw him a glare and ran to the bathroom.
In about five minutes, Sameer rushed out, a towel draped around his body, and his hair, dripping wet. Rohit gave him his clothes, and before he got hit, ran out the door. Sameer quickly put on his clothes, and hurriedly put on his shoes. He ran a hairbrush through his hair, and rushed out the door. He ran to the parking lot, got in his car, and speeded to the main office, which, thankfully, was only about five minutes away from campus.
Sameer got to the office just in time, and wrote his name down in the appointments list. He waited anxiously, until a secretary called his name. Sameer calmed his breathing, and went inside with a nonchalant manner. The guidance counselor looked up at him and smiled.
“Hello…Sameer. My name is Mr. Ward. How are you today?” the guidance counselor shook Sameer’s hand and motioned for him to sit down.
“I’m fine, thank you for asking,” Sameer replied politely. Mr. Ward looked at some files on his computer, and Sameer waited patiently.
“Well, I have called you here today for a special offer. It seems that your work level is so highly appreciated by the Boston University Medical School, that the school will accept you now,” Mr. Ward smiled. Sameer sat there, dumbstruck.
“But, I thought that I had to pass a certain amount of years and get a certain amount of credits to qualify for medical school,” he said. There had to be a mistake.
“Well, actually, you do. However, as we have said, we will accept you right now. All you will have to do is sign a few forms, and take the MCAT. We just need to make sure you are ready. Plus, it is the law that you have to take the MCAT in order to go to medical school. So tell me, what do you say?” the counselor asked.
“I-I-I would be honored to take the MCAT this year, and enroll into medical school. In fact, I would love to do that,” Sameer said. If he went into medical school right now, he would be able to finish a few years earlier.
“Ok then. Just fill out these forms.” Sameer did as he was told. When he was done, he gave the forms back. Mr. Ward put them into one of the drawers on his desk, and took out another form.
“Now, let’s see here. It says here that you want to become an oncologist and major in cancer. Am I right?” Mr. Ward asked while handing him the form. Sameer looked at what he had circled.
“Actually, I have changed my mind because of some circumstances. I want to major in brain surgery. I want to test on brain tumors, and try to find a better cure for them,” Sameer explained. He thought of Sabika and her brain tumor. He was going to find a cure for it, even if it killed him. Mr. Ward nodded, and typed in his computer. When he was done, he put the form back into one of the drawers.
“Well, Mr. Sameer, I think you are done for right now. We will send you a letter about the date of the MCAT exam, so be ready. Good luck!” the guidance counselor shook Sameer’s hand again. Sameer walked out the door and in his car with a smile on his face.
He drove to the cemetery. He walked to Sabika’s grave.
“Hi. I’ve just been…accepted into medical school,” Sameer said softly. The sun seemed to shine brighter upon his back.
“And guess what else. I’m not majoring in cancer. Instead, I’m going to major in brain surgery and find a cure for what took you away from me. I will find that culprit and kill it before it takes any more lives. Now I see what you meant last night,” Sameer whispered. He looked at Sabika’s name on the gravestone, and kissed it, determined to make her happy.

To Be Continued…with the ending

Old
  (#77)
friendnidhi

23rd October 2005, 03:39 AM

Hi Mukhra,
how r u...well this time u made us so emotional after posting these parts..u know after gettingso emotional i dont want to read the last part of the story.. this story can not come to an end this is the most beautiful story i have ever read...
pls dont bring this story to an end......

i know i am being too emotinal or may be crazy..
but this piece of work is admireable, its precious and beautiful

Regards Nidhi

Old
  (#78)
Mukhra
Ishhh....

24th October 2005, 03:18 AM

Chapter 28---The Finale

Few Years Later...

Rohit sat next to Sabika’s grave. He seemed happy about something. His face had a permanent smile on it.
“Hey, jaan. I need your opinion. Well, you see…I kind of…am in love with Diya. So…I wanted to know what you thought about it,” he asked Sabika. Rohit closed his eyes, and waited. A few moments later, his face lit up. He nodded, and grinned to himself. He talked to Sabika until he heard someone coming behind him.
“Oh…there you are!” Diya said. She looked flushed from walking in the cold. Rohit looked at her, and turned back to Sabika.
“See! What did I tell you? She follows me around everywhere. I swear she has this weird obsession over me,” Rohit joked. Diya punched his arm lightly. Rohit gave her a hug, but broke away abruptly. He turned back to Sabika’s grave, kissed the gravestone, and turned back towards Diya.
“Diya…we have to talk,” Rohit looked serious. Diya’s face started to look fearful. She reluctantly nodded.
“I have now seen you for the first time
Many years after you became a friend of mine
I have started to dearly love you
And would like to say this without further ado
You are the most beautiful to me
I love you beautiful smile
I know you are worthwhile
Now…I want to ask you something
Because I want to be your everything
Will you give me the honor of marrying you?
Will you marry me?
” Rohit waited for an answer. Diya just stared at him. She wanted to shout, yell, do anything, to tell everyone that her love, Rohit, has asked her to marry her.
“I…” and she put her arms around Rohit, kissing him. Rohit was surprised, but then, he too melted into the passionate kiss, his hands in Diya’s hair, and at the small of her back. When they broke apart, Rohit took out a box from his jacket pocket. He opened it, and took out a ring. He slipped the ring onto Diya’s finger. The ring was a diamond, with small sapphires surrounding it.
“It’s perfect. Looks like it was made just for you,” Rohit said, admiring the ring in Diya’s beautiful hands. He hugged her. Then, he turned to look at Sabika’s grave.
“I love you. Without you, I don’t think I would have been able to do this. Thanks, jaan. I just wish you would be here. You would make the occasion look even more special,” Rohit put his head on the grave, and hid his face. Diya put a hand on his shoulder, comforting him. After a while, they left, arm in arm.
A few months later, Sameer graduated from medical school as top of the class. He was an official brain surgeon. His happiness could be seen from his eyes, which were constantly twinkling.
As the years went by, Sameer worked continuously, trying to find a better cure for brain tumor, while at the same time, dealing with his patients. But, he always found time to go to Sabika’s grave every weekend. He would always be there, for hours, talking to her. Plus, every night, before he went to sleep, he would think about her, and talk as if she was really there.
Finally, fifteen years later, Sameer found a cure. He mixed many elements together, including oxygen and nitrogen, to get a mixture that would make it easier to control the tumor. The medicine was so effective, that most of the patients would usually make a full recovery. Those who didn’t make a full recovery still lived for many years instead of for just a few months.
With the cure found, Sameer thought that his time in the world was over. He had done what he had needed. Perhaps, he had fulfilled his purpose. He waited everyday for any reward that would let him be with Sabika, but no, the reward didn’t come for years.
In his later fifties, Sameer got in a car accident. His external body looked fine, but there had been an excessive amount of internal bleeding, causing all the organ systems to stop working efficiently. The accident had such a strong effect on his body; he only had a few hours to live. Rohit, Diya, and their daughter, Neha, visited him on his deathbed.
“Ro-Ro-Rohit…come…here,” Sameer struggled for breath. Rohit hurriedly went to his side, tears flowing freely down his face. Another important person in his life was going to leave him soon. Why was this happening to him? First, he lost Sabika, the true love of his life, and then, Sameer, a person whom he had first disliked, but had become very close friends with. The only person left, and he prayed she would stay, was Diya, his love, his wife, and his best friend. The one who was always there for him, even when others weren’t.
“Sameer, you’re going to be all right. These doctors don’t know what they are talking about. All doctors are mental cases,” Rohit said, crying through his words.
“You…idiot…I…I am a doctor too,” Sameer said, a small smile on his face. Rohit looked at him sheepishly, the childish quality still visible in the old man.
“I know…and you were always a mental case. I almost went nuts when I was your roommate,” Rohit smiled. Sameer tried to look angry, but it took too much energy. He needed all the oxygen that was available.
“I need you to take Sabika’s picture from under my pillow, and lay it beside me,” Sameer took a deep breath. As the clocked ticked by, his face started to lose its color, turning to a yellow. Rohit did as he was told. With the picture beside him, Sameer’s smile became bigger.
“Diya, will you do me a favor?” he asked. Diya nodded, her eyes red.
“When I die, don’t cremate me. Instead, bury me with Sabika. That’s my last and only wish,” Sameer said. He closed his eyes, and opened them, tears running down his face.
“I…we will,” Diya took Sameer’s hand.
“Take care of my Neha, ok? I don’t want to hear that you are not taking care of my beautiful neice,” Sameer gestured to twenty-year-old Neha. She ran to her favorite uncle’s side, and gave him a hug.
“Sam…do you have to go?” she asked him, calling her uncle with his childhood name.
“Yes,” Sameer’s voice said.
“Can’t you stay for a little more? Just try to,” his neice said. Sameer looked arund the room. In the corner he saw a white light. Squinting at it, he tried to figure out what it was. The light grew bigger and bigger, until it transformed into a person…Sabika.

Old
  (#79)
Mukhra
Ishhh....

24th October 2005, 03:20 AM

Chapter 28---The Finale

Few Years Later...

Rohit sat next to Sabika’s grave. He seemed happy about something. His face had a permanent smile on it.
“Hey, jaan. I need your opinion. Well, you see…I kind of…am in love with Diya. So…I wanted to know what you thought about it,” he asked Sabika. Rohit closed his eyes, and waited. A few moments later, his face lit up. He nodded, and grinned to himself. He talked to Sabika until he heard someone coming behind him.
“Oh…there you are!” Diya said. She looked flushed from walking in the cold. Rohit looked at her, and turned back to Sabika.
“See! What did I tell you? She follows me around everywhere. I swear she has this weird obsession over me,” Rohit joked. Diya punched his arm lightly. Rohit gave her a hug, but broke away abruptly. He turned back to Sabika’s grave, kissed the gravestone, and turned back towards Diya.
“Diya…we have to talk,” Rohit looked serious. Diya’s face started to look fearful. She reluctantly nodded.
“I have now seen you for the first time
Many years after you became a friend of mine
I have started to dearly love you
And would like to say this without further ado
You are the most beautiful to me
I love you beautiful smile
I know you are worthwhile
Now…I want to ask you something
Because I want to be your everything
Will you give me the honor of marrying you?
Will you marry me?
” Rohit waited for an answer. Diya just stared at him. She wanted to shout, yell, do anything, to tell everyone that her love, Rohit, has asked her to marry her.
“I…” and she put her arms around Rohit, kissing him. Rohit was surprised, but then, he too melted into the passionate kiss, his hands in Diya’s hair, and at the small of her back. When they broke apart, Rohit took out a box from his jacket pocket. He opened it, and took out a ring. He slipped the ring onto Diya’s finger. The ring was a diamond, with small sapphires surrounding it.
“It’s perfect. Looks like it was made just for you,” Rohit said, admiring the ring in Diya’s beautiful hands. He hugged her. Then, he turned to look at Sabika’s grave.
“I love you. Without you, I don’t think I would have been able to do this. Thanks, jaan. I just wish you would be here. You would make the occasion look even more special,” Rohit put his head on the grave, and hid his face. Diya put a hand on his shoulder, comforting him. After a while, they left, arm in arm.
A few months later, Sameer graduated from medical school as top of the class. He was an official brain surgeon. His happiness could be seen from his eyes, which were constantly twinkling.
As the years went by, Sameer worked continuously, trying to find a better cure for brain tumor, while at the same time, dealing with his patients. But, he always found time to go to Sabika’s grave every weekend. He would always be there, for hours, talking to her. Plus, every night, before he went to sleep, he would think about her, and talk as if she was really there.
Finally, fifteen years later, Sameer found a cure. He mixed many elements together, including oxygen and nitrogen, to get a mixture that would make it easier to control the tumor. The medicine was so effective, that most of the patients would usually make a full recovery. Those who didn’t make a full recovery still lived for many years instead of for just a few months.
With the cure found, Sameer thought that his time in the world was over. He had done what he had needed. Perhaps, he had fulfilled his purpose. He waited everyday for any reward that would let him be with Sabika, but no, the reward didn’t come for years.
In his later fifties, Sameer got in a car accident. His external body looked fine, but there had been an excessive amount of internal bleeding, causing all the organ systems to stop working efficiently. The accident had such a strong effect on his body; he only had a few hours to live. Rohit, Diya, and their daughter, Neha, visited him on his deathbed.
“Ro-Ro-Rohit…come…here,” Sameer struggled for breath. Rohit hurriedly went to his side, tears flowing freely down his face. Another important person in his life was going to leave him soon. Why was this happening to him? First, he lost Sabika, the true love of his life, and then, Sameer, a person whom he had first disliked, but had become very close friends with. The only person left, and he prayed she would stay, was Diya, his love, his wife, and his best friend. The one who was always there for him, even when others weren’t.
“Sameer, you’re going to be all right. These doctors don’t know what they are talking about. All doctors are mental cases,” Rohit said, crying through his words.
“You…idiot…I…I am a doctor too,” Sameer said, a small smile on his face. Rohit looked at him sheepishly, the childish quality still visible in the old man.
“I know…and you were always a mental case. I almost went nuts when I was your roommate,” Rohit smiled. Sameer tried to look angry, but it took too much energy. He needed all the oxygen that was available.
“I need you to take Sabika’s picture from under my pillow, and lay it beside me,” Sameer took a deep breath. As the clocked ticked by, his face started to lose its color, turning to a yellow. Rohit did as he was told. With the picture beside him, Sameer’s smile became bigger.
“Diya, will you do me a favor?” he asked. Diya nodded, her eyes red.
“When I die, don’t cremate me. Instead, bury me with Sabika. That’s my last and only wish,” Sameer said. He closed his eyes, and opened them, tears running down his face.
“I…we will,” Diya took Sameer’s hand.
“Take care of my Neha, ok? I don’t want to hear that you are not taking care of my beautiful neice,” Sameer gestured to twenty-year-old Neha. She ran to her favorite uncle’s side, and gave him a hug.
“Sam…do you have to go?” she asked him, calling her uncle with his childhood name.
“Yes,” Sameer’s voice said.
“Can’t you stay for a little more? Just try to,” his neice said. Sameer looked arund the room. In the corner he saw a white light. Squinting at it, he tried to figure out what it was. The light grew bigger and bigger, until it transformed into a person…Sabika.
You’re finally here. I’ve been waiting for you, Sameer thought. Sabika looked at him and smiled innocently.
“I…I have to go. She is waiting for me. I can’t stay without her anymore. She looks so beautiful…” Sameer said softly. He raised his hand, and pointed at Sabika. Rohit and Diya looked around the room, confused. There was nobody there. Then, Rohit realized what was happening. Sameer was fading away.
“No..wait…Sameer. Listen to me. We still have lots to talk about. Remember that day when you and I went to watch that movie “Salaam Namaste” and you got so drunk…” Rohit’s voice trailed off. Sameer didn’t seem to be listening.
Give me you hand, Sameer thought. Sabika took Sameer’s hand, and as she pulled, a twenty-year-old Sameer sat up, and evacuated, his body. He was the happiest person in the world, to finally be with his Sabika, his love, from whom he had been separated all this time. He felt like he was already in heaven. Sabika was all he needed.
“Let’s go,” Sameer said to Sabika. Sabika nodded, and they both traveled upto the white paradise that Sameer had seen in his dreams so many years ago.
“I’m staying for good this time,” he said. Sabika laughed.
“Good…because I won’t let you go anyways,” she whispered into his ear.

The End...

Old
  (#80)
Rohin

24th October 2005, 03:32 AM

Hi Sweetu,

Bravo... Well Done....

Wonderful ending....

Now let me highlight what i liked about your story....

The flow... it was so energetic....
The plot.... something for everybody...
The Style... the naration had a definitive oomph factor to it... I liked it...

Personally all charechters were nice hard to pick any one but i would pick Rohit as you often misspelt his name as Rohin

Overall a powerful novel... captured hearts of a lot of people here... we became friends thru this u know... so special again...
Get it published ...

So miss Novelist waiting for your next one... i am sure it is gonna take to a whole new level...

Take Care
Rohin

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: