Shayri.com  

Go Back   Shayri.com > Stories/Quotes/Anecdotes > Inspiring Stories

Parents
Old
  (#1)
sunita thakur
sunita thakur is the among the best Shayars at Shayri.comsunita thakur is the among the best Shayars at Shayri.comsunita thakur is the among the best Shayars at Shayri.comsunita thakur is the among the best Shayars at Shayri.comsunita thakur is the among the best Shayars at Shayri.comsunita thakur is the among the best Shayars at Shayri.comsunita thakur is the among the best Shayars at Shayri.comsunita thakur is the among the best Shayars at Shayri.comsunita thakur is the among the best Shayars at Shayri.comsunita thakur is the among the best Shayars at Shayri.comsunita thakur is the among the best Shayars at Shayri.com

Lightbulb Parents - 9th March 2010, 09:44 AM

An 80 year old lady was sitting on the sofa in her house along with her 40 years old highly educated son. Suddenly a crow perched on their window.

The Mother asked her Son, "What is this?"

The Son replied "It is a crow".

After a few minutes, the Mother asked her Son the 2nd time, "What is this?"

The Son said "Mother, I have just now told you "It's a crow".

After a little while, the old Mother again asked her Son the 3rd time,

What is this?"

At this time some expression of irritation was felt in the Son's tone when he said to his Mother with a rebuff. "It's a crow, a crow".

A little after, the Mother again asked her Son the 4th time, "What is this?"

This time the Son shouted at his Mother, "Why do you keep asking me the same question again and again, although I have told you so many times 'IT IS A CROW'. Are you not able to understand this?"

A little later the Mother went to her room and came back with an old tattered diary, which he had maintained since her Son was born. On opening a page, she asked her Son to read that page. When the son read it, the following words were written in the diary :-

"Today my son aged three was sitting with me on the sofa, when a crow was sitting on the window. My Son asked me 23 times what it was, and I replied to him all 23 times that it was a Crow. I hugged him lovingly each time he asked me the same question again and again for 23 times. I did not at all feel irritated I rather felt affection for my innocent child".

While the little child asked him 23 times "What is this", the Mother had felt no irritation in replying to the same question all 23 times and when today the Mother asked her Son the same question just 4 times, the Son felt irritated and annoyed.

So..

If your parents attain old age, do not repulse them or look at them as a burden, but speak to them a gracious word, be cool, obedient, humble and kind to them. Be considerate to your parents. From today say this aloud, "I want to see my parents happy forever. They have cared for me ever since I was a little child. They have always showered their selfless love on me.

They crossed all mountains and valleys without seeing the storm and heat to make me a person presentable in the society today".

Say a prayer to God, "I will serve my old parents in the BEST way. I will say all good and kind words to my dear parents, no matter how they behave.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

.....Sunita Thakur.....

यह कह कर मेरा दुश्मन मुझे हँसते हुए छोड़ गया
....के तेरे अपने ही बहुत हैं तुझे रुलाने के लिए...

Old
  (#2)
amit7600
amit7600 is just really niceamit7600 is just really niceamit7600 is just really niceamit7600 is just really niceamit7600 is just really nice

Thumbs up 9th March 2010, 02:56 PM

sunitaji......

bahut hi gerhi baat chupi hai aapki in shabdo me.....masrofiyat itni ho gayi hai ki aksar hum kuch cheezo ko "take it for granted" ka darza de dete hai......
bahut khoob bahut hi amulya soch hai ye....(one for the diary!!!!)
TFS

amit7600
Aandhiya Gam Ki Chalegi To Sawar Jaoonga Me
Mai To Dariya Hu Samoondar Me Utar Jaaonga Me
Mujhe Suli Pe Chadane Ki Jaroorat Kya Hai Logo
Mere Haato Se Kalam Cheen Lo Yuhi Mar Jaoonga Me

(When i received You in my heart everything changed for me)
  Send a message via Yahoo to amit7600